CHICAGO 2016-2017 Thread: Welcome New Players, check out the Facebook Group page as its more active!

>___< ;; traiitor…wish i could come on thursdays though

Ill be heading out to nickels tomorrow. Hope to see a lot of people come out and support it.

[INDENT=1]WCS Presents[/INDENT]

[INDENT=1]Nickel City Saturdays[/INDENT]

[INDENT=1]Nickel City[/INDENT]

[INDENT=1]555 Waukegan Road[/INDENT]

[INDENT=1]Northbrook, IL 60062[/INDENT]

[INDENT=1]847 559 8727[/INDENT]

[INDENT=1]nickelcitygames.com[/INDENT]

[INDENT=1][LEFT]The Chicago Fighting Game Scene is returning to its roots. Every Saturday night, we’re going back to Nickel City for fun, games, food, friends, and fights. Be sure to be there, as we’ll all be leveling up, one nickel at a time.[/LEFT][/INDENT]

[INDENT=1][LEFT]Oh, and there’s no venue fee for the first few gatherings. Get hype.[/LEFT][/INDENT]

[INDENT=1][LEFT]7 pm - Arcade Close[/LEFT][/INDENT]

[INDENT=1][LEFT]No venue fee[/LEFT][/INDENT]

[INDENT=1][LEFT]Bring your own controllers, systems, games, monitors, and cables.[/LEFT][/INDENT]

[INDENT=1][LEFT]Questions or comments, contact CurlyW (301 404 0316, maxwasserman@gmail.com) or Tactics (630 433 6979, domingoayala3@gmail.com)[/LEFT][/INDENT]

[INDENT=1][LEFT]We’re back.[/LEFT][/INDENT]

Dont forget this for tomorrow! I will be there to administer the beatdowns.

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][FONT=Helvetica]Galloping Ghost Arcade[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][FONT=Helvetica]9415 Ogden Avenue[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][FONT=Helvetica]Brookfield, IL 60513[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][FONT=Helvetica]708-485-4700[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][FONT=Helvetica]www.gallopingghostarcade.com[/FONT][/FONT]

TOURNAMENT NIGHT - MORTAL KOMBAT 2011 - SSF4AE & UMvC3
[LIST]
[]Saturday, January 21, 2012
[
]Time
** 7:30pm until 11:30pm**
[/LIST]
DescriptionJoin us for another RANKED TOURNAMENT NIGHT! Tournaments will be held on our custom arcade cabinets in: MORTAL KOMBAT (2011) - SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV AE & ULTIMATE MARVEL vs CAPCOM 3! Prizes go to winners in all tournaments!

$15 Fee at the door, you can enter all 3 tournaments if you want, no extra cash is needed. You can play all the arcade games as well for the duration of the day. Please support GGA tournaments!!!

Games are on cabinets and will most likely be Single Elimination, sorry pad users!

good meeting some of you at GGA! i wish i got to play against more people in before the kof brackets…i was holding my own against dudes earlier in the night in casuals before i got matched up with other …uhh…more advanced dudes that just swept me in the tournament haha. ah well…its all in good fun, i dont mind donating 5 bucks to the dopest kof in the room hahaha. see you all next week.
looking forward to another van session, ill bring some fresh vegas next time

i wish i could make it to nickel city tomorrow…but i got a fridge full of beer and a car covered in snow…i dont think im leaving my house
also, to curlyw…hope you didnt think i was trolling you when i said my name was soufside…stupid gamertag is stupid lol

PLAY KOF! DRINK DOUBLE BASTARDS THEN POST ON THE SRK!

Hey Brightside/KingofBums. You’re not alone in the world.

[media=youtube]-IYNWnRt4bo[/media]

Ah damn it I wish I could make it out to Nickel City but I’m gonna be busy doing work so I can be free Sunday. 21st birthday, hell yes.

Also hopefully will see some people Monday, going to try my damned best to get out to Ignite.

I’ll be making it out to Nickle City tonight, really looking forward to it.

Stick’s working fine, recognizes my PS3 first time, every time, though I don’t have access to a 360 to see if it’s still having issues with it like it was that first night.

all those people looked terrible

I’m on the north side for reserves, and I’m gone get a chance to check out nickle city. Glad that venue fee is free our else I wouldn’t be able to go.

If I just bring my system and games will it be some extra tv’s for me to hook it up on.

Yes

Anyone heading to nickel city from the city?..i need a ride, i can make to any cta stop or anywhere near that

looking for a ride to nickel city i can make any blue line stop you can call me at 773 964 2479 if you want to help me out.

http://www.dailytech.com/We+the+People+Populist+Protest+Kills+SOPA+Again/article23841.htm

I believe I speak for everyone when I say

GTFO

Unfortunately this isn’t the permanent solution.

TJL

We can start to setup earlier then expected at NC tonight, 6:30 is the time scheduled now. I will be omw shortly, I could offer to pick guys up from the metra stop which is about half a mile away. My info is on the FB group page docs and all over the 1st page of this thread.

I’ve been using my stick fine on both xbox and PS3 (been using it more on Xbox though. i’ll take it to GGA next week to put it through the rigorous PS3 testing there lol)

Haven’t had a chance to play much last week, been busy. I’ll test it soon (probably tomorrow morning/afternoon) online w/ mic though

Just got back from Nickel City and had a great time there, love that it’s spacious and lots of setups!

Here’s a pic I took:

http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/8486/500887930.jpg

Good times tonight, I think Nickel Saturdays are going to work out real well.

Had a great time at Nickel City, lots of room, setups and great atmosphere, cant wait till next week. The staff was very friendly and hospitable!

The owner made it clear that he wants tournaments and is willing to throw in extra money into every tournament! So a monthly is going to be happening!