Chicago Nickel City Ranbat #3 4/25

TOURNAMENT IS CANCELLED SORRY

Date:
Saturday April 25th

555 Waukegan Road
Northbrook, IL 60062
(847) 559-8727

Time: (Tentative)
Signups START at 4:00, END at 4:45 (WILL NOT TAKE ANY MORE SIGNUPS AFTER THIS POINT)

DO NOT BE LATE NO EXCEPTIONS IF YOU WILL BE LATE CALL SOMEONE AND HAVE THEM SIGN YOU UP

Game Lineup:

Street Fighter 4 (360) Eric,Jim,Kris
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core (PS2) MooshiQ

Entry Fee:

Were going to try something different this week and raise entry for each game to $5 since i guess some people arn’t coming because “it’s not worth it”…if this doesn’t work out we will go back to $1 entry fee’s

Split:
1st - 70%
2nd - 20%
3rd - 10%

Since these are “Ranking Battles” for SF4 points will be awarded in the following fashion:

1st 8 points
2nd 5 points
3rd 4 points
4th 3 points
5th 2 points
7th 1 point

Current Street Fighter 4 RanBat standings:

1. fLoE - 16 points
  2. Douglas - 7 points
  3. GLB - 5 points
  4. Tony D - 4 points
  5. Meta - 4 points
  6. Roberto - 3 points
  7. Humbag - 3 points
  8. Slevin - 2 points
  9. SpriganX - 2 points
  10. Keits - 2 points
  11. Domingo - 1 point
  12. King Of Bums - 1 point
  13. MadBooFace - 1 point
  14. Dennis - 1 point

If you can help with bringing consoles/sticks/TV’s let me know because it would be very helpful!

I might not be here because of DBQ, but if those plans end up failing I can come and bring a PS2 with GG and an Xbox, probably still without SF4 though.

Same day as DBQ BBQ, which I’ll be traveling to.

yep understandable this isnt meant to compete with dbq bbq which is obviously bigger this is just a local :slight_smile:

Dont think I can go to any of them on the 25.

Will probably be too drunk to function most of that day :slight_smile:

I’ll prob manage to go, I just got to request that day off.

Will be there…with the 360, Ari.

Hahah love your quote their Kris, forgot to add “while high” for Ari, he goes nuts when he puffs, but at least is entertaining.

Yeah I would say it definitely caught me off guard D. But I believe their is some truth in what he said…So I took it with a grain of salt and as constructive criticism to up my game…Pretty safe to say that I have been underperforming so far…:bluu:

I wish our “local” tourneys got half as much as yours. Hell, if DBQ BBQ gets as many as your first one, I’ll shit myself. That first turnout was sooo effing godlike.

Wont be there =(

Tentative start is at 5? Since there are no cab games will the party room be available early for setups and some casuals before the tourny? Understandable if we’re not positive on this yet. If the room is available early I’d like to know the earliest people are planning to be there.

Housing for DBQ fell through, so j1n and I will probably be come to chicago bi-weekly instead.

Won’t be able to come to this OR DBQ.

I have 3 cents in my bank account = No way I’m getting there.

So…dates changed, times changed, fees changed…ugh…

Who has said “it’s not worth it?” Cuz I could’ve sworn these weren’t for people to “make money off of”, and were solely to help the community. If I’m wrong, correct me, but honestly, I liked the $1 tournies, since it would mean I COULD enter everything and not care. Now, I gotta be picky, which takes some of the fun out of it. Besides Ari, you’ve been the big winner so far, so you’re most likely the one coming out ahead here.

$.02

Excuse me for not knowing this, but what are Ranbat points, if you don’t mind me asking?

Ranbat just stands for ranking battles.

First place through t7th gets a certain amount of points for their tourny placings each week and the points are cumulative over a “ranbat season” which is usually like 8-12 biweeklys.

The top points leaders will then either get like a prize or money or something at the end of the ranbat season.

Thanks Humbag, first time I heard of that. You guys don’t think a big showing will come up to the next Tourney?

Considering it’s on the same day as the DBQ BBQ in Iowa, it may be slimmed down. I doubt there will be Week #1 numbers again, though it could happen. :wonder:

Anyone interested in recording the games? I bought a Dazzle Video Recorder 2 weeks ago, recorded couple matches and post em on youtube. Works pretty good.
If you guys wanne record the matches (Semi and Championship), let me know. Someone will need to bring a laptop for me to load the videos though.