This has been on my mind for a while. If there’s one character that I hate playing against as Chris more than Team Trenchcoat Mafia, it’s gotta be that iron mask-wearing foot-diving doctor who can fly high into the air where my projectiles can’t reach him. How in all that is holy can I stop this madman that I can barely super-jump to? The following is a list of tactics that I feel like contributing, because if I’m going to ask questions about certain match-ups I might as well try to be useful in the process.
Chris with backup:
- Strider assist: Vajra
- Shuma-Gorath assist: Mystic Ray
- Dr. Doom assist: Hidden Missiles
- Hawkeye assist: Kamikaze
- Dormammu assist: Purification
- Taskmaster assist: Vertical Shot
- Deadpool assist: Trigger Happy
Chris without backup:
- Grenade Launcher as soon as Doom enters flight
- Pray that Doom lands in a puddle of fire
That’s all I can think of to counter Dooms that prefer to zone rather than combo. Hopefully this should help some people with the Doom match-up. Even though I might use those assists if I felt like it I prefer to use Chris’ other best friend Frank, because that shopping cart is useful as both a GTFO and rushdown assist.