Chun-Li Video Episodes

chun-li

Hi there!

Would you guys like some video footage of useful stuff? For beginners, intermediate and experts.

Covering Chun Basics, Safejumps/OS, Matchup Related Stuff.
Would stream and archive that in real time, talking, playing, showing things.

Idea: The video is the base for discussions regarding all your Chun Love.

Time for your opinions.

I’d thought of doing the same thing going through offence, punishes per character, difficulty and damage as well as basic zoning tactics per character and defensive options, mix ups and game plans… However I don’t have the time and for a lot of Chun’s offence this covers basically everything and more:

http://www.youtube.com/user/hubneo2

And in all fairness all Chun already know this site so I decided not to, however I thought it was a good idea

its definitely a good idea, im a struggling chun, and knowing things and readings things might be great, but for beginners there nothing like seeing things done in practice in a live match situation, especially with commentary,

i believe onehandterrors live series to be one of the best tools i have ever seen in helping me improve my game.

something that has that and also goes into more depth about certain punishes for certain characters and breaks everything down more would be awesome.

if you guys dont do it, i will in the end, when i get decent enough :wink:

Onehandedterror’s page already has this stuff, but I guess more wouldnt hurt

Don’t forget Magman’s page and the like too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMG5mpzBqSg&feature=related

Most of the YT accounts in this thread, in fact: Best Chun-Li Youtube channel

I suppose, aside from brand new stuff, it would be good to re create some of the tut vids in hi-res… and modernized/updated for AE of course. Maybe some time come ver. 2012?

im not exaqctly anywhere near your caliber, but i would be VERY interested in producing a series designed for beginner Chun Li’s. me and xDeathMarchx could consult each other having been through a similar learning experience recently. for example highlighting where we were, and where we are at now and how we both got there. cover some of the basics of the game from a Chun perspective.

Then go into the more technical things like the combos frames, reversals, (in ultra etc.) zoning etc. i know of two or three major things that, even in the generous and great advice you guys gave, didn;t come up, that have evolved my game from getting beaten up, to actually controling the pace of a lot of fights now. subtle things that while illustrated by the great players like OTH simply by watching them fight, haven’t been broken down fully step by step and analysed to really explain it.

It wont be of any help for most of you guys here, but im hoping it would help anyone taking on this character from scratch, especially as a beginner. and in the least maybe even help me improve too.

I NEED one handed terror to come back. He is awesome to watch and his commentary is great. I don’t care if it’s new or old, just play as chun!

IIRC he drop chun some time ago, there are some post about it somewhere

ohh who does he play now?

dont quite remember really, ibuki perhaps?

Hello folks.

I haven’t forgotten about my idea, don’t worry. I just had some game and character crisis going on and Chun still came up strong.
Once you play other characters you honor the things Chunster got.

I have to collect some ideas to put in the video and record it.

nice, look forward to it

Onehandedterror started using Dudley in his later recordings.

I don’t know if that counts as “dropping Chun” though. He wrote a few messages later on his channel, and seems like he still considers himself a Chun user.

saw him in a recent tourney, he switched to chun when he got into a bad situation.

im sure he is a chun player. just probably too much effort for the vids, dont blame him, his 3 series were brilliant though.

good then :slight_smile:

<font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>hi</span></font><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Up2uVkKD-E&feature=share&list=PLMAi34ubbBNE6n0BqWwJe9Ig4QifhVJ-m</span></font><br></div>

<font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2” style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>hi</span></font><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>all her meterless stuff<br></span></font><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>http://youtu.be/tUIpU3OE7Rs</span></font><br></div></div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”><br></span></font></div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”><br></span></font></div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>and most of her other stuff</span></font></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxaD-D6xoUM&feature=share&list=PLMAi34ubbBNF2g0t676IBwx3SbooESj_A</span><br></font></div>