Columbia MD, HCLibrary Street Fighter 4 Tournament 7/18

HOWARD COUNTY LIBRARY MONTHLY CASUAL GAME TOURNAMENTS

Date & Location:

Saturday, July 18th 4:00PM ? 7:30PM (can actually go until everything is finished, but we are aiming for 7:30)

6600 Cradlerock Way Columbia, MD 21045

Registration is now available. In order to register you must contact me by phone at 410-313-7727 or 7728 or online at http://www.hclibrary.org under classes and events. ( I prefer you contact me by phone.)

Game:

Games will be picked between each tournament based on demand and availability.

Street Fighter IV for Xbox 360 will be the first up.
2 standard issue controllers will be available but it is strongly recommended you bring your own. Any controller brought MUST NOT be wireless.

Rules:

18 and over.
Entry Fee : FREE. Prizes for 1st 2nd and 3rd place are donated by local Gamestop and myself.

**3rd Place - $25 Gift Card to Gamestop
2nd Place - $50 Gift Card to Gamestop
1st Place - $25 Gift Card and Copy of Limited Edition BlazBlue **

All games will be played on the default settings, unless otherwise specified, below.
All macros available via the in-game controller configuration menu are allowed.
Hardware macros, turbo, or other hardware assisted mechanisms are strictly forbidden.
All converters are the responsibility of the player.
All characters allowed.

This tournament is Single Elimination

SFIV: Version 360

• Settings: Versus mode, 99 seconds, no handicap.
  • Random stage
  • 3/5 Rounds, 1 Game
    Only 1 Xbox 360 is available so all matches will be played on 1 projector.

This is a free, non-profit tournament that is in no way sponsored by Capcom Entertainment Inc. or any other company.

This really is a GameStop tourney (i.e. single elim, 3/5 rounds, 1 game, free w/ prizes for top 3 placers, etc).

Good shit, haha. I’ll see if I’m available that day. If I am, I’ll swing through for a few hours. :slight_smile:

I go to this library all the time! I’ll definately come, its like 10 minutes from my house :smiley:

Just wanted to post that the registration date has changed. You can register any time by phone. The online registration (if you must use it) will be posted sometime next week.

Yeah I’m going to talk too friend of mine see if we can make it their. I’ll be in touch.

I’ll be there, probably.

i think i may have to get in on this. maybe my lack of owning a console will show up…

Why is it 3/5 ONE match?

If it changes to “normal” set-up I would consider coming to this…

i was gonna consider going to this, but the rules i dont really agree with, and the Date is the same date as otakon.

What do you think could be changed with the rules? And I know the date seems to be at a bad time, I should have planned that better but I didnt have too many dates to choose from.

Oh and the 3/5 is because I am worried about the time frame and making sure I can finish since I have just one set up.

This could be it and also the fact that GameStop always does either 3/5 or 4/7 ONE MATCH.

nah, Gamestop has no affiliation with the tournament. They are just donating prizes to the event.

Alright. How many people do you guys plan on getting there?

I’m hoping for 32 but right now that seems like a long shot. The max amount of people allowed to register is 40.

Traveling to Columbia for single elim and random, unknown prizes…idk. I’m only thinking about it because last year’s Otakon was so bad I refuse to go again…any chance on 2/3 double elim? I can get 2-4 people easy but idk about single elim…

I see. Well, Artscape is that weekend and my girl wants me to take her, so if I show up, you guys better be happy. lol.

Eh, Otakon.

I don’t think they’re trying to do 2/3 double elim, because that would be a little too time consuming, given that they probably have a time limit.

Updated with prize info.

I’ve got nothing going on that weekend and you seem hard up on players. I’ll be there.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.php?p=7078808&postcount=7580

If you’re gonna cancel it, or you’re considering it post it here in advance so I don’t end up running around MD picking up people to go to this thing.

What’s with the age limit, anyway? With Otakon and Evo running concurrently with this, you’d want to tap into the remaining player base as much as possible.