Columbia, SC Street Fighter 4 and Tekken 6 Ranbats S1! Round 3: 6 February (SAT)

Columbia, SC Ranbat Season One

Starts 2 January, 2010

For more info visit:
SC Tourney Blog

Also hit up the Columbia SRK thread at:
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=211710&page=22

**What is a Ranbat?: **A ranking battle (ranbat for short) is a series of tournaments where players accumulate points by placing top 8 in individual events and the overall winner of the ranbat is determined by who has the highest combined points. A known ranbat series of events is called a “season”.

Here are the full rules for the Columbia Ranbat Season One which will begin on 2 January, 2010. We are purposely keeping this season shorter for several reasons. For one thing, this first season is a test run to work out any system kinks. Second, and more important, Super Street Fighter 4 is looming in Spring 2010 and we want this season to be over by the time Super gets here. We want Season Two to have Super, of course! Now, here are the rules! I’m going to modify this post as I add posts on various forums.

So get practicing people!! I will be keeping detailed stats for this ranking battle and I will post them on this site! So you can see who the points leaders are. Not only that, but you can tell who is the best at specific characters. Who is the best Blanka? Is it me? We will see!

Booker Washington Cultural Art Center (located off of W.Beltline Blvd)
2611 Grant St. Columbia, SC 29203

Time:

We have the venue until 5:00PM. We absolutely must be finished by then. Due to this, time is important so we can’t afford to sit around and wait for people to show up late. If you show up after the tourney start deadline, you can’t play. It’s only fair. So please, be at least 15 minutes early to have time to get registered and to chill for a casual match or two before we start!

Tourney Begins: 11:45AM
Tourney Deadline: 5:00PM

System: We are using Playstation 3 for both games.

Controllers and Joysticks: Bring your own joysticks and controllers. However, if you need to borrow one, I’m sure someone can loan one to your for your matches. It’s better to have your own, though, so you don’t have to worry about it.

Rules:
SF4:
double elimination
all characters allowed
2/3 rounds, 2/3 sets
losers/winners finals 2/3 rounds,3/5 rounds
grands finals 2/3 rounds, 4/7 rounds
winner keeps characters but loser can change character

Tekken 6;
double elimination
3/5 rounds, 2/3 sets
losers/winners final 3/5 rounds, 3/5 sets
grands finals 3/5 rounds, 4/7 rounds
all characters allowed
random stage select
winner character stays and loser can change character

The ranbat should be a point based system similar to the one use by AI or Denjin. Top 8 players get points.
1st place: 10
2nd place: 7
3rd place: 5
4th place:3
5th place:2
7th place:1 (brackets usually have 2 7th place ties)

5 ranbat events for this season.
1.1 Jan 2
1.2 Jan 23
1.3 Feb 6
1.4 Feb 20
1.5 March 6

Tekken 6 and Street Fighter 4 are separate ranbats:

Street Fighter 4 and Tekken 6 are separate ranbats. Each will have its own ladder. Each will have its own points. Each will have its own prize pot to win at the end. This is so people can play in one and not the other if they wish. Also, if you play both, it gives you a chance to win in one game if you aren’t doing so well in another.

Prize for winning Ranbat:

The points at the end of the ranbat would be calculated and the top 3 will have the pot split 70/20/10 at the end of the ranbat. There will be two different point rankings for SF4 and Tekken 6 and two different pots.

Entry Fee:

Entry fee per event is $5 per game (added to the pot for that game) and $2 entry fee. It costs $30 per day for the venue so any leftover money will be evenly divided between the pots for both games.

Big Prize Pot for Winner

Unlike regular tourneys where there is a pot winner every event, in a ranbat there will be one pot to be won at the end of the season and winners will be based on accumulated points. All pots from all events go into this large pot. So, the pots for these ranbats will be pretty big!

For example, if just 10 people show up for the ranbat for the whole season that’s $50 added to the pot per event ($5 x 10 people) for a total of $250 to be won! That’s only 10 people!

We will track stats:

We will post the ranbat leader boards for both games on the SC Tourney Blog. Also, we will keep track of which characters are being used as well. So if you want to know who the top Blanka or Ryu or whatever character is, we’ll have leaderboards per character so you can see how everybody stands compared to the rest of Columbia.

This is something I’m going to do as a tool to help Columbia figure out how to grow the community. Which characters are not represented, who is the best at any one character, and so forth. So you can also try to be top dog at your character!

Play for the Pride, for the competition, to improve your skills, and to have fun!

However, don’t just play for the money! This is also about pride. It’s also a great way to measure your progress as a player, as with this you can directly see how you improve based on who you defeat and how you place as you go through the season. It’s also a great place to play this game against other people live! So get hype!! Practice! Hit that training mode, and see you there!

I will for sure not be able to make it to the Feb 6th and March 6th Ranbats. =(

I should be able to make all the other ones though. I’m not in this for money. I’m just here to get better, and I like hangin out with you guys.

Edit: My big ass birthday party is going to be on March 6th. You guys should be in Myrtle Beach getting your party on with me instead, lol.

Good to have you Justin! I’m not in it for the money either. I’m in it for the fun, hanging around playing street fighter all day, and to guage my progress as a player.

Wish I could go to your party man but gotta hit that ranbat. I’m going to make a point to hit some of your myrtle tourneys though this year.

the date for ranbat 1.1 should be jan 2 not the 21st. are we doing 4 ranbats or five? fix that date on the blog. I will bring myself and that rufus. holla.
btw I posted a thread in tekken zaibutsu for u.

You know I’ll be there for all of these. BTW, I think the date should still be 21st, b/c the 2nd is still considered a holiday weekend. I’ll be there either way, but that’s just my opinion.

Im not running it but the title to the thread says that the ranbat starts jan 2 so 1.1 would be on jan 2. The fun question will be can Award Tour wake up before 11am

Yes you can, Award Tour! I’ll give u a wakeup call if I have to! lol.

And oops. I originally had a different format for the dates (the 1.1 on the other side of Jan 2) and I guess I forgot to delete all of it.

It starts January 2st, to RING IN THAT NEW YEAR RIGHT!! I changed the mistake in the op. thanks for pointing that out. oops.

anyone still on for last blade 2?

I guess we should pre-reg:
Award Tour
Columbia,SC
SF4,Tekken 6

check out my youtube page
http://www.youtube.com/user/kingmula2

Hi-Tekk
Cola, SC
SF 4

do you think anyone of you guys can give me a ride

Aw what, you guys got ranbats!? Good shit! Now I’m jealous lol!

OK folks! Round 1 is today! If you don’t have anything better to do and you live anywhere near Columbia, feel free to come!

We will have at least 5 setups (looks like 6) so the ranbat will go by very, very fast. After the ranbats we will have casuals for various games until we have to leave the venue at 5:00PM.

It will be a great time of playing games, so come on down!

I will post results here (in the OP) and on the SC Tourney Blog

so how was it

Here are the quick results for the first Ranbat event which took place on Saturday, 2 January.

First of all, it was an awesome time! We got the Ranbat done very quickly and efficiently, which meant that we actually had several hours to do a ton of casuals, which was fantastic and much needed! After all, in my opinion, the whole reason we are doing this is to get better as players (and to have fun of course!), so having all those casuals was very good!

Justin (SonGohanX) recorded a lot of the matches from both Ranbats, so look forward to those coming soon.

Also, the Ranbat has just started. We didnt have a lot of time to advertize this, s0 the number of players was what I expected. Next time will be even bigger, because I?ve spoken to everybody and some of the new players I?ve talked to have said that they would spread the word and bring more players. Also, some Columbia regulars which were not there will likely be there.

I?ve included the pot money totals below in great detail. At $3 entry fee we took in more than the $30 needed to play for the venue for that day so we divided it evenly between the two game pots. As you can see, the pots are off to a good start. After 4 more events like this, each pot will be several hundred dollars each!

Because we took in more than we needed for door fees on the first one, we are lowering the door fee for the second one from $3 to $2. Also, if you ONLY want to come and play casuals, you can! You just pay the door fee of $2 and you can play in the casuals sessions. However, you will not be ranked in the Columbia 2010 Power Players rankings (which will track stats for players all Columbia events all year).

I?m going to keep stats for players ALL YEAR so if you want to be a ranked Columbia player, you need to take part in Columbia tourneys, and ranbats are Columbia tourneys. Casuals do not count. I?ve kept them all for 2009 and I will post them tomorrow when I have more time.

Today I have no time and just wanted to post this really quickly. I?ll post anything else I think I forgot tomorrow and maybe dress up this post a bit more.

Thanks to all players who came out! It was seriously a blast. Everybody played lots of games, shared information with each other, and I?m sure lots of players came out learning something, which is good! So make plans for the next one!!

STREET FIGHTER 4

1: Daedalus (10 Points) ? Rufus
2: SonGohanX (7 Points) ? Blanka, Bison, Honda
3: LH621 (5 Points) ? C.Viper
4: Award Tour (3 Points) ? Rufus
5: Jason (2 Points) ? Ken
5: Dr.Hat (2 Points) ? Vega
7: U-Volt (1 Point) ? Dhalsim
7: Hi-Tekk (1 Point) ? Akuma
9: BushidoX ? Ken
9: Jwop ? Ken
9: Mulciber113 ? Cammy
9: Avatar2 ? Blanka
13: Pick ? C. Viper

TEKKEN 6

1: LH621 (10 Points) ? Lei
2: Bach (7 Points) ? Eddy, Ganryu
3: SonGohanX (5 Points) ? Dragunov, Wang
4: Dr.Hat (3 Points) ? Bryan
5: BushidoX (2 Points) ? Baek
5: Award Tour (2 Points) ? Law
7: Bankai Blanka (1 Point) l- Fei
7: Avatar2 (1 Point) ? Christie

POT BREAKDOWN

Street Fighter 4
13 Players = $65
Door Fee Overage Bonus = $10
Current Total = $75

Tekken 6
8 Players = $40
Door Fee Overage Bonus = $11
Current Total = $51

Door Fees:
15 total players in tourneys = $45
2 players just for casuals = $6
-$30 cost of venue
Remaining: $21 ($10 bonus for SF4, $11 for Tekken 6)

Here are the quick results for the first Ranbat event which took place on Saturday, 2 January.

First of all, it was an awesome time! We got the Ranbat done very quickly and efficiently, which meant that we actually had several hours to do a ton of casuals, which was fantastic and much needed! After all, in my opinion, the whole reason we are doing this is to get better as players (and to have fun of course!), so having all those casuals was very good!

Justin (SonGohanX) recorded a lot of the matches from both Ranbats, so look forward to those coming soon.

Also, the Ranbat has just started. We didnt have a lot of time to advertize this, s0 the number of players was what I expected. Next time will be even bigger, because Ive spoken to everybody and some of the new players Ive talked to have said that they would spread the word and bring more players. Also, some Columbia regulars which were not there will likely be there.

Ive included the pot money totals below in great detail. At $3 entry fee we took in more than the $30 needed to play for the venue for that day so we divided it evenly between the two game pots. As you can see, the pots are off to a good start. After 4 more events like this, each pot will be several hundred dollars each!

Because we took in more than we needed for door fees on the first one, we are lowering the door fee for the second one from $3 to $2. Also, if you ONLY want to come and play casuals, you can! You just pay the door fee of $2 and you can play in the casuals sessions. However, you will not be ranked in the Columbia 2010 Power Players rankings (which will track stats for players all Columbia events all year).

Im going to keep stats for players ALL YEAR so if you want to be a ranked Columbia player, you need to take part in Columbia tourneys, and ranbats are Columbia tourneys. Casuals do not count. Ive kept them all for 2009 and I will post them tomorrow when I have more time.

Today I have no time and just wanted to post this really quickly. Ill post anything else I think I forgot tomorrow and maybe dress up this post a bit more.

Thanks to all players who came out! It was seriously a blast. Everybody played lots of games, shared information with each other, and Im sure lots of players came out learning something, which is good! So make plans for the next one!!

STREET FIGHTER 4

1: Daedalus (10 Points) Rufus
2: SonGohanX (7 Points) Blanka, Bison, Honda
3: LH621 (5 Points) C.Viper
4: Award Tour (3 Points) Rufus
5: Jason (2 Points) Ken
5: Dr.Hat (2 Points) Vega
7: U-Volt (1 Point) Dhalsim
7: Hi-Tekk (1 Point) Akuma
9: BushidoX Ken
9: Jwop Ken
9: Mulciber113 Cammy
9: Avatar2 Blanka
13: Pick C. Viper

TEKKEN 6

1: LH621 (10 Points) Lei
2: Bach (7 Points) Eddy, Ganryu
3: SonGohanX (5 Points) Dragunov, Wang
4: Dr.Hat (3 Points) Bryan
5: BushidoX (2 Points) Baek
5: Award Tour (2 Points) Law
7: Bankai Blanka (1 Point) l- Fei
7: Avatar2 (1 Point) Christie

POT BREAKDOWN

Street Fighter 4
13 Players = $65
Door Fee Overage Bonus = $10
Current Total = $75

Tekken 6
8 Players = $40
Door Fee Overage Bonus = $11
Current Total = $51

Door Fees:
15 total players in tourneys = $45
2 players just for casuals = $6
-$30 cost of venue
Remaining: $21 ($10 bonus for SF4, $11 for Tekken 6)

I couldnt make it to the ranbat on the 3rd but I should be able to make it on the 23rd

excellent man. everybody had a great time at the first one and we keep hearing more players are coming to the next one cuz of how fun this one was

Round 2 is this Saturday. Lots of new peeps are coming to this one. Get yourself ready. be there!