Combos

akuma

I’ve been watching quite a few japanese Akuma videos lately, and one thing I’ve noticed is that elaborate combos/strings are hard to come by. I’m not sure whether this is because the players in these videos are inexperienced or because long demon strings are too risky in tournament play, but I was wondering whether anyone can enlighten me as to the various combinations Akuma has at his disposal after an opening is created. So far I’ve only come across/attempted the following:

dive kick, s.lp, lk shoryuken + throw (usually throws the opponent off)
hp, lk hurricaine, hp, mk hurricaine
hk hurricaine, hp shoryuken (when hurricaine connects with the opponent in air)
cr.lk, lk hurricaine, hp shoryuken
lk hurricaine, s.lp, dash, s.lp (juggling opponent into corner)
s.hp, lk hurricaine shoryuken

I realized there are an infinite amount of variations on these little combinations, but I guess what I’m really after are the elaborate demon strings. I’ve seen them at work often at my local arcade, but I’m usually unable to follow every step. Also I noticed HermoNaz mentioned something about a 16-hit combo in the other thread and was curious as to how said combo is executed.

Thanks

lol I’m just gonna guess he’s talking about the corner double super:

c.mk>lk hurricane>lp shoryuXXsa1>lp shoryuXXsa1>mp shoryu

Greatest combo ever: Rdh.Tatsumaki (in air), Rdh.Tatsumaki (In air), Rdh.Tatsumaki (In air) xx SA3

lol

One of the better ones I ever saw was:

jump-in Fierce > close Fierce > Short Tatsu > Fierce Srk xx SA > juggle with Strong Srk

And if memory serves, you can throw a standing Jab following the Short Tatsu.

jumping fierce, standing roundhouse (far version) cancelled into Raging Demon. 17 hits, CRAZY damage.
Useful and stylish: Bread and butter in corner cancelled into super, juggle with roundhouse hurricane for two hits, then TAUNT and you’ll still be safe with a big power up ready for your next hit :tup: A very Daigo -esq thing to do after a taunt is walk back and tap down. Most times you’ll get a parry. If not, you still have your taunt bonus waiting to be used.

Oi, how does Raging Demon combo into far roundhouse? Im no Akuma player, but I have tried the guy out before, in every game i’ve played him in its never been possible to combo in Raging Demon.

All I really know about this guy in 3s is his rushdown, basic combos and mixups (and the part where he can kill my Yang’s Seiei-Enbu).

Anyway, I only ask because recently i’ve started to somewhat use him (though he aint goinna replace my Yang/Ken/Ryu/Urien).

its not so much a combo as a link. The raging demon hits them while they are stilll in hit-stun. Its the ONLY way to combo into raging demon.

The roundhouse puts them into that “turned around” hitstun position that allows for a grab to hit, ie Alex’s German Suplex.

Question: In videos I’ve seen sa1 executed while a red fireball is still moving across the screen. Any idea how this is done?

you can cancel sa1 from a red fireball. I’m not sure if this is what you mean though.

That’s impossible. All links are combos. Not all combos are links.

HK-> Demon is not a link. It is a cancel. That’s why you cancel the HK animation into the demon. It would be a link only if it comboed but could not be cancelled, like Gouki’s UOH, SAI.

Whatever guys - far version of roundhouse turns a lot of players around, and if the demon approaches them in this position it grabs. I dont think this works on everyone. Definitely not on Urien.

And you can cancel sa1 from a red fireball fairly late, thats all it is. Cancel the red fireball into a demon at the same moment that you expect them to parry the first hit of the fireball. Has to be done fairly close - around sweep range. Very tricky but very cool.

The unofficial name for that state is backturn. That combo won’t work on Urien or Elena because they don’t get backturned by far HK.

Can this set-up be countered? dive kick, s.mk/c.mk, lk tats, lp(reset), raging demon? It doesn’t look as though it can, but you never know, there’s sometimes a sneaky way out. I find it a lot more reliable than the KKZ set-up.

I’ll post up a list in a minute.

s.mk, qcb+lk
s.mp, qcb+lk
c.mk, qcb+lk
s.mk, qcb+lk, qcb+mk/hk?
s.mp, qcb+lk, qcb+mk/hk?
c.mk, qcb+lk, qcb+mk/hk?
s.mk, qcb+lk, dp+lp/mp/hp
s.mp, qcb+lk, dp+lp/mp/hp
c.mk, qcb+lk, dp+lp/mp/hp
s.mk, qcb+lk, dp+lp/mp/hp xx SAI
s.mp, qcb+lk, dp+lp/mp/hp xx SAI
c.mk, qcb+lk, dp+lp/mp/hp xx SAI
dive kick, s.mk, qcb+lk
dive kick, s.mp, qcb+lk
dive kick, c.mk, qcb+lk
dive kick, s.mk, qcb+lk, qcb+mk/hk?
dive kick, s.mp, qcb+lk, qcb+mk/hk?
dive kick, c.mk, qcb+lk, qcb+mk/hk?
dive kick, s.mk, qcb+lk, dp+lp/mp/hp
dive kick, s.mp, qcb+lk, dp+lp/mp/hp
dive kick, c.mk, qcb+lk, dp+lp/mp/hp
dive kick, s.mk, qcb+lk, dp+lp/mp/hp xx SAI
dive kick, s.mp, qcb+lk, dp+lp/mp/hp xx SAI
dive kick, c.mk, qcb+lk, dp+lp/mp/hp xx SAI
s.mk, qcb+lk, lp(reset), SAI
s.mp, qcb+lk, lp(reset), SAI
c.mk, qcb+lk, lp(reset), SAI
s.mk, qcb+lk, lp(reset), KKZ
s.mp, qcb+lk, lp(reset), KKZ
c.mk, qcb+lk, lp(reset), KKZ
s.mk, qcb+lk, lp(reset), Raging Demon
s.mp, qcb+lk, lp(reset), Raging Demon
c.mk, qcb+lk, lp(reset), Raging Demon
dive kick, s.mk, qcb+lk, lp(reset), SAI
dive kick, s.mp, qcb+lk, lp(reset), SAI
dive kick, c.mk, qcb+lk, lp(reset), SAI
dive kick, s.mk, qcb+lk, lp(reset), KKZ
dive kick, s.mp, qcb+lk, lp(reset), KKZ
dive kick, c.mk, qcb+lk, lp(reset), KKZ
dive kick, s.mk, qcb+lk, lp(reset), Raging Demon
dive kick, s.mp, qcb+lk, lp(reset), Raging Demon
dive kick, c.mk, qcb+lk, lp(reset), Raging Demon

I know there is a LOT missing as a full list, but those are probably the most common. Excluding heavy or weak attacks, where it can obviously be done differently.

One can just up or do some EX move(i.e. SRK) and U’ll never catch him with SGS. This set-up is a waste of super-meter.

Shit, I didn’t even know that.

This I did in Training mode. Its fucken hard though.

J.HK, C.HP, LK.Tatsumaki, Sc.LPxxHP.SRKxxSAI, Sc.LPHP.SRKxxSAI, Sc.LPxxHP.SRK

This is a stupid combo though…

Heres some nice links

Meaty Sc.MK (On crouching character), C.MKxxSAI
Meaty S.MP (On crouching character), C.MKxxSAI
Meaty C.MP (On crouching character), C.MKxxSAI
Meaty T.MP, SAII

I don’t know how that works. Last I remember you can’t connect a special after a reset.

You can’t connect specials after a reset, but that combo he describes is an exception if you combo the jab into shoryuken VERY quckly - it does combo.

Someone posted about a jab reset then Demon??? That doesn’t work I’m afraid!

On a practical level i.e. high level play - you wont use 90% of those combos. Just know the usual bread and butter, anti air demons, and hit confirms like standing mk into super or cr.short jab short. Learn to hit confirm off a normal divekick i.e. what to do if it whiffs (kara throw, low parry, even Demon), what to do if it is blocked (carry on pressure, tick throws, kara demon) and what to do if it hits (50% stun combo or just normal bread and butter, or try your luck with another divekick).

By the way, that 50% stun combo is quite nice. I actually dont know how much stun it does - just enough that my rush game changes once I land it so that I can stun the guy within the next few seconds with command overheads and/or backthrows.
Divekick, HP, mk tatsu, mp shoryuken.
The last shoryuken is hard to link depending on character. If you get very good at it, cancel the last srk into super for style points.

but guys remember don’t just do dive kicks randomly, esp agaisnt someone with a good antiair.
you guys should go get some vids of naz he has a cool style of play, he almost never builds bar he just makes reads and rushes lol. he’s so good at the situational stuff!

and obviously get the jap akuma vids, theyr’e retarted.

and like naz said learing anti-air demon will make people scared of you when you have 2 bars same thing if you can do dash/kara demon. but remember to play safe with akuma while being active getting hit with akuma sucks :slight_smile: