I started this thread to discuss the cons and pros Rogue has got as compared to Storm and Magnus. The reason I am using only Magnus and storm is because they are considered the best rush down in the game. I have taken a bunch of categories and rated how I feel Rogue, Magnus, and Storm fall into them. I have them best on top and worst on bottom.
- MAGNUS: (best) death combos/ DHC/infinites.
- STORM: (great) death combos/dhc.
- ROGUE: (very good) Got some damaging shit but storm and magnus are stronger in thsi category.
- MAGNUS: (best)
- STORM: (almost best)
- ROGUE (great) Rogue resets are easier to block then magnus IMO.
1)(Best) MAGNUS: Both his hp and hk throw have alot of priority and will lead to death combos/ DHC/infinites.
2)(very good) ROGUE: Only hp throw. Good damage on throw and has better priority then storm and magneto throws. Unfortunately the opponent can roll after the throw. But you can call an assist on the way down which is a help.
3) (very good) STORM: High prority on Hp throw, builds meter, and is quick as hell. It also puts the opponent in a good position.
Overall the main advantage of Rogues throw over storm and magnus is it’s priority.
1)(Best) MAGNUS: Can tri-jump using any normal. Great to build meter also. Quickest tri jump. Best cross up potential.
2)(Very good) STORM: Can tri-jump using any normal. Great to build meter also. Great cross up potential.
3) (very good) ROGUE: Can only use dive kick. Can’t dash under then tri jump. Slightly slower then magnus or storm. Great cross up potential. Confusing.
Overall Rogue falls slightly short in this category.
- (Great) ROGUE: Rogue has better defense then normal.
- (ok) STORM: Not so hot.
- (Crap) MAGNUS: Shitty defense.
Overall I feel this is Rogue’s biggest advantage over storm and magnus. Really over any rush down char.
- Storm: (very good) Typoon goes through it all. Lighting balls cover too. Lighting attack is a good special too.
- MAGNUS: (good) Hyper grab is dangerous but can be helpfull and his beam is good.
- ROGUE: (non-existant) She’s got no projectiles. That’s why she is pure rush.
Rogues lack of projectiles make her a little 2d but her rush makes up for it.
- STORM: (best) Some of the best 2 supers in the game.
- MAGNUS: (Great) 2 very good supers for dhc etc.
- ROGUE: (good) Rush super is kinda useless adn GNS is great for DHC. But unless you can catch opponents lag or go through a super (like HSF) it’s got to be comboed into.
Overall this is another lacking category of Rogues. The only thing that makes GNS up there is it’s DHC’s.
- MAGNUS: (best) One frame= death.
- STORM: (great)
- ROGUE: It’s slow. IMO this is her biggest flaw in her rushdown.
PRIORITY OF J.NORMALS:
- ROGUE: (best) J. FP, j. FK = priority.
- MAGNUS: (great) Also lots of priority but Rogue got more.
- STORM: (great) Also lots of priority but Rogue got more.
- STORM: (best) c. hk got range/ quickness/priority.
- MAGNUS: (great) c. hp= priority. It’s quick too.
- ROGUE: (good) Rogue also lacks in this category. hk is good but not fast enough adn don’t have as much priority.
- MAGNUS: (best) comboability.
- STORM: (very good) All 3 assists can be used. Good for just about anything. Thypoon goes through all.
- ROGUE: (average) Both the aaa and kiss serve their purposes but neither is all that great.
- MAGNUS: (best) Death.
- STORM: (great) Besides the one on sent most are not so realistic.
- ROGUE: (above average) Besides the one on magnus most are not so realistic.
- MAGNUS: (best)
3)ROGUE: (very good) Slower then magnus or storm and only oen direction.
- MAGNUS: (very good) Quick and very combo friendly.
- STORM: (very good) comboable and quick.
- ROGUE: (good) Not as quick.
- STORM: (best)
- MAGNUS: (great)
- ROGUE: (very good) Thanks to j.fp, j.hk she can runaway. But once again she is meant to rush.
- STORM: (Best) Typhoon, hailstorm very abusable.
- ROGUE: (Average) c.Mp chips but that’s not such a big deal. Her repeating punches all do chip but LAGGG.
- Magnus: (Below Average) His beam and supers can be risky and do baby chip. That’s why he is used for rush down
As you can see Rogue falls short in most categories but not by much. Also Rogue has one HUGE advantage over storm/magnus. Her kiss.
ROGUE with SPEED UP:
Infinites are now easy to do and normals are faster but Magnus still got a quicker c.lk.
ROGUE with DEFENSE UP: Best defense in game!!
ROGUE with POWER UP: Magnus and strom will still put out more damage.
ROGUE with SUPER ARMOR: Magnetos c.lk wont mean so much anymore.