First off, I just want to say that it was pretty cool that you guys went to the trouble of providing headsets for every official tournament station. Certainly makes a big difference in Marvel where so much stuff is always happening off-screen, so it was definitely appreciated.
That being said, I wanted to raise an issue about the specific setup that was used. FYI to those not in attendance, every station I saw had a PS3 with 2 front USB ports, one of which was occupied by a 4-port USB hub similar to this one. The headsets were plugged into 2 of the 4 ports on these hubs, and players would typically plug in their sticks/controllers to the 2 remaining ports on the hubs. The issue I have with this setup is that these USB hubs were drawing power directly through the USB port on the PS3 and not from a separate, external AC adapter. This means that the available power/bandwidth for the single USB port on the console had to be split between all the devices on the hub connected to it (headsets, sticks, the occasional converter, etc.), whereas an externally-powered hub would be able to provide full power to all connected devices. I have no idea how much power these devices actually require in order to function at 100% with no issues, but I was concerned enough that I made sure to sit down first for all of my matches so I could plug into the free USB port on the console instead of having to use the hub. Scumbag move perhaps, but I didn’t want to take any chances.
Like I said, I’m not even sure if this actually caused any issues (I know you guys always get lag complaints for one reason or another, some legit and some not), but I just wanted to bring it up as a possible point for improvement in the future.