Congress to vote on creating Police State

http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/congress-vote-next-week-explicitly-creating-police-state

From the source:
"The Senate is gearing up for a vote on Monday or Tuesday that goes to the very heart of who we are as Americans. The Senate will be voting on a bill that will direct American military resources not at an enemy shooting at our military in a war zone, but at American citizens and other civilians far from any battlefield — even people in the United States itself.

The Senate is going to vote on whether Congress will give this president—and every future president — the power to order the military to pick up and imprison without charge or trial civilians anywhere in the world."

No longer will citizens even have to be “suspected terrorists” in order for cops to bust down their doors and kidnap them. No warrants needed, no incriminating evidence, no news stories. No legal body will defend them.

While the Rupert Murdoch-controlled media monopoly is spreading their own agenda and working to turn the national opinion of the Occupy movement sour, Congress is doing what they do best and giving more power to the powerful while taking it from the people who elect them into power.

Essentially, these are our elected officials, so what they are doing supposedly represents the people.
Are you being represented here?

US Senate wants the entire USA to be a ”Battleground” - *Lock Please*

All hail the Soviet states!

This is seems accurate and well-reported, I can’t help but believe it unquestioningly.

Let me post a link to a seven-hour-long video on YouTube that everyone should watch.

Really man, I’ve been out of tune with what’s been going on in news from alternative sources. It seems like their trying to slowly but surely get that police state in motion.

I have anothe informative website people can check out http://www.educate-yourself.org

now ill have to do is have a doughnut store and ill be rich

philosoraptor is my spirit animal: [details=Spoiler]

http://memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/10/10864/11124905.jpg

[/details]

But yeah, I hope we don’t become a police state, things could get very nasty.

Nah, we’ll find something else to be “outraged” about next week.

As long as they don’t shoot Spooky.

1-800-CALLSPOOKY

Canada is nice this time of year isn’t it?

I always think about the intro to Skyrim when I hear stories about the rising police state:
[media=youtube]axSRn2sc1xI[/media]

“He’s not on the list. What should we do captain?”
“Forget the list. He goes to the block.”

Welcome to the list. Bills like this is how it starts.

Not even UltraDavid can save us…

We’ve been a police state since October 26, 2001.

Come to think of it isn’t the setting of Skyrim like the future setting of the US? The Empire is gaining allot of civil unrest and provincines are seceeding and times are bad.

How in the name of World News Tonight does this article even correlate with the OP?

Learn to read, you’re redurrded.

I believe they said Canada and Uk would be fair game, too. To be honest, I first started thinking about this kinda shit when Obama started telling his followers to report anyone badmouthing him via a link on his website, as if he’s supposed to somehow be above criticism. That shit was the first shady step.

^ I know you’re like hardcore republican/black american dad and all, but c’mon son…

Obama does not have that much power… no president does…

Republicans are speaking in support of the bill(no shot at any political party, I don’t like either one of em)…

I’ve been tired of the party BS for years. Neither one of them is innocent, both take in funds from lobbyists, both placate to big business interests, both are power hungry.

I’d say ban lobbying but they’d find loopholes. There’s always loopholes.

And no politician (except maybe Ron Paul) would even dare to draft or vote for such a bill or Amendment.

News flash, the bill was brought up in a closed door private session and passed. This public vote is the next step.

Which bill are you referring to?