Continuity errors in Super SF IV

Since the IV series takes place before III but after II, Sakura refers to texting. As of 1996, if I’m not mistaken, text messaging did not exist on cell phones. Also, C. Viper’s cell appears like a model from the 2000s, and NOT the 90s.

Or, does III, Double Impact and 3rd Strike take place in the future (the latter’s subtitle is “Fight for the Future”, but I don’t know that it actually takes place at a future date).

Other errors?

At some point between IV and III, Seth activates a time portal that sends the entire universe back to 1996

Street Fighter has a plot? :confused:

Also, shooting fireballs out of your hands wasn’t invented yet.

If so, why doesn’t technology revert back to what it was before? And how does Gil play a role in this? Also, Dudley’s voice has dramatically changed, as if he were pre-pubescent from IV to 3rd Strike, where he is a grown man (or has an adult’s voice).

So was Mike Bison or Balrog (the dictator) vanquished once and for all? Why did Cody and Guy return but not Sodom, Rolento, or Haggar?

And doesn’t the Alpha series (all 3) take place BEFORE SFII? Why did everyone lose powers?

Things just don’t add up.

If so, why doesn’t technology revert back to what it was before? And how does Gil play a role in this? Also, Dudley’s voice has dramatically changed, as if he were pre-pubescent from IV to 3rd Strike, where he is a grown man (or has an adult’s voice).

So was Mike Bison or Balrog (the dictator) vanquished once and for all? Why did Cody and Guy return but not Sodom, Rolento, or Haggar?

And doesn’t the Alpha series (all 3) take place BEFORE SFII? Why did everyone lose powers?

Things just don’t add up.

Things haven’t been adding up for awhile.

All you need to know is that SF series use to have a decent plot and backstory but somebody (perhaps Ono) decided that they were going to do what the fuck they wanted so its complete garbage.

The SF storyline now is that Ryu likes to shoot fireballs at people.

I guess it hasn’t made sense for a while. Even the quotes border on self-parody. I always thought Guile was mistaken in that he when Abel mentions he saw someone else using the sonic boom, it was Remy and not Charlie, but I don’t think either vanilla nor super made this clear. Guile, thinking this meant he had seen Charlie, fought him. They never really made this clear, or did they?

Remy may make more sense, as both are French.

It’s not an error.

This “ripple” in the flow of time was caused retroactively by the interdimensional cross with the Marvel universe. This was explained in the new trailer for Marvel vs Capcom 3 released yesterday at E3, if you haven’t seen it yet.

The chronomancy anti-flux enthalpic absorption spell that Doctor Strange casts to patch and mend the fragmented Marvel space/timeline is what causes the original portal between the Capcom universe and the Namco universe to tear back open again, the result of which is THIS:

http://www.shoryuken.com/content.php?r=970-Rumor-That-Down-Namco-X-Capcom-Revisited
http://shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=239641

Please try and brush up on your knowledge of Street Fighter canon before you make uneducated threads like this again.

Oh, you. :clown:

Plot is quarter-circle punch.

it’s like how the new james bond movie is a prequel but it’s set in current time

make sense?

For reference, here is the beginning of the script for the dialogue of Street Fighter II.

Opening scene, sunny day, a stone-tiled seawalk running along a river whose shores separate two halves of a city.

Chorus: Round one. Fight.

Ryu: Adoken!

Ken: Adoken!

Ryu: Adoken! Adoken!

Ken: (pauses thoughtfully) Adoken!

Ken: Adoken! Adoken! Adoken!

SMS (texting) was first rolled out in 1993.

Military cover-up government conspiracy secret society 0oawejgarwehp-hpo

I don’t remember this part. I call shenanigans. On you.

Akuma killed Gouken! KILLED HIM DEAD! Why is he alive?!

Fuck this damn game!:mad:

I don’t remember WW1 happening. Guess I can call shenanigans on that because I feel like it.

Seriously there was some coherency and sense before it all got thrown out the window (for a fighting game). But who cares? Doesn’t matter anymore.

The most valid point in this thread.

Yes you can, fuck the haters. WW2 did happen though, don’t get me wrong, I just doubt there was ever an original to begin with.

Also, at what point was the story not just about Ryu throwing fireballs. Hell even his ending in SF2 is just talking about him walking on the road of life so he may be blessed to throw more fireballs at even more people, god watch his soul.

Also no one cared in the first place, that’s what I’m saying. It doesn’t matter anymore because it never mattered in the first place.