*big edit and note: All of these were tried on a low blocking juri. Going to ryu blocking low changes everything, bu the fundamentals are the same.
edit: Kara Store/Release ([media=youtube]6GPpgWAMWpo[/media])*
Yay computer blue screening and getting rid of my thread. I’ll try again.
I’ve been trying to work on a few things in the corner to keep us pressuring and doing the most damage we can. The biggest problems I find in corner pressure is juggling fireballs, and push back. Here are things I’ve been working on to cover these two things
I used to call this silent releasing but I like this term better. Its when your holding a fireball, you store another but release the first. Example: You were holding mid fireball, you stored low and let go of mid. Now you only have low stored regaining your mk button.
Example of pressure
** - c.mk xx low store (KD). mid store. C.mp xx low release > low store (mid release) > c.mk xx low release. **-What this does is covers your tail and gives you the option to mid fireball for more damage. If the low hit, you could just c.hp xx mid release > c.mk xx pinwheel. If blocked, you can let go of the mid while storing a low then continue with another round of c.mk xx low
Try this string: c.mp xx low release > c.mp xx low store > c.mk xx low release > low store > c.mk xx release. The last c.mk whiffs.
Now try. c.mp xx low release > c.mp xx low store > c.mk xx low release > Kara low Store > c.mk xx release > Sweep (optional super instead of sweep)
- This works because the fuhajin store cancels the st.mp’s start up and moves forward. This isn’t that bad. I really like it although there are holes in this.
- c.mp xx low store (hit and KD) > mid store + immediate release (hits blocking low) > c.mp xx release low> low store > c.mk xx release. The last mk whiffs.
Now try. **c.mp xx low store (hit and KD) > mid store + immediate release (hits blocking low) > c.mp xx release low > Kara low store > c.mk xx release > sweep **
- This can also be used in footsies. One, at this range the fireball kick stuffs a lot of pokes. Two, if you look at the training room floor, her max range for her c.mk is when foots shadowtouches the line touching the super bar on P2. Nudge over just a hair and you hit. When that shadow touches the line it whiffs. If you Kara store, that puts you in range
Max Range: c.mk xx ex low. Fireball Store. c.mk xx release. C.mk whiffs without kara store. You CAN walk forward a hair and it does the same thing as the kara store.
However, if you’re at max range of c.mp and you use c.mk xx ex low. Kara Fireball Store. C.mp xx release is a better option imo because it stuffs more reversals than c.mk. The kara puts you in range for c.mp.
Try this string one more time. Same as above. c.mp xx low release > c.mp xx low store > c.mk xx low release > low store > c.mk xx release. The last c.mk whiffs.
- c.mp xx low release > c.mp xx low store > c.mk xx low release > low store > Kara release > c.mk xx hk pinwheel (optional super).
- This works because you can cancel the st.mp startup with a fireball release. This one is very hard to do as you have to press mp and release the fireball a frame apart. This has a bigger gap but bigger pay off if you catch them on counter hit. I wont go into this as I cant do is consistantly.
If anyone can help me on a way to hit this better, let me know. Kara release is very hard for me to time.
- St.mp can be used in place of the kara release or store. You dont get the link off of it if hit, however it will gain just as much ground.
Example of use.
- sc.mk xx low release. sc.mk xx low store. st.mp (whiffs), c.mk xx low release > c.mk xx hk pinwheel.
- sc.mk xx low release. c.mp xx low store. Low release. St.mp (whiffs), st.mp xx super. (You can super off far mp. Buffer the super and confirm the hit)
- c.mp xx low release > c.lk xx low store. st.mp (whiffs) c.mk xx low release > c.mk xx hk pinwheel
edit: I forgot this…ha. Do the string from above. c.mp xx low store (hit and KD) > mid store + immediate release (hits blocking low) > c.mp xx release low. Focus Attack. Focus Attack Whiffs, right?
- c.mp xx low store (hit and KD) > mid store + immediate release (hits blocking low) > c.mp xx release low> Kara Focus Attack. BAM!!!
This can be used to get a surprise focus attack in if they think they know the range, or times when you’re charging your focus atatck with someone else. You mentally judge the range and this adds a fair amount of distance on Juri’s focus attack. This can also be used as a way to dash in safely.
These are just things i’ve found. Maybe they’re gimmicky, but Im constantly trying to find ways to stay in. In the latest ft10 I did vs blanka the kara store would have helped a great deal. I hope these things are at least inspiring and you can think out side the box and find setup’s outside of the ones i gave. I do a lot of fuhaswapping when I’m pressuring to make sure I dont accidentally let go of a mid, but while I’m doing this I usually get pushed too far back…so…I like this personally.