Setups known to me thus far. If I find out about more I’ll post it here. Basic combos with basic jump in starter.
Shinkuu Hadoken - PPP (Horizontal)
Shinkuu Tengyo Hadoken - KKK (Diagonal anti-air)
Max Damage: 329
U2 (kick version)
- Should be done by the time they reach the peak of their jump.
lp shouoken > U2 (recommended)
- Easier than the above because you get a hit confirm and if you miss the shouoken you are usually out of harms way because it recovers quickly and you are at a safe distance and probably didn’t get hit by the jump in aswell.
j.hk > c.hp > Ex tatsu > U2 (Recommended)
- Same setup as ultra 1 but you don’t need to dash forward. Learn the timing for the kick version and punch version in mid screen and corner. It is slightly different. If you do it too early then some characters will bounce out of the ultra. Too late and it might miss entirely.
** If you use the punch version wait until they begin to fall otherwise some hits may whiff. The less hits in the combo the better because of damage scaling.
Shouoken > U2 (Recommended)
- Can be any variation of shouoken but timing is more lenient on lp version plus you get less damage scaling with the lp version because its less hits.
On the ground I prefer to poke with c.mk buffer into shouoken because it hits low and if its blocked and I have meter I can FADC out of the shouken before I get punished. Best results from c.hp. C.hp has a start up of 4 frames and forces stand.
j.hk > c.mk > lp shouoken > U2 (Kick version) 443 dmg (easy) (Recommended)
j.hk > c.hp > lp shouoken > U2 (Kick version) 473 dmg (easy) (Recommened)
j.hk > c.mk > mp shouoken > U2 (Kick version) 467 dmg (hard) - strict timing (Not recommended)
j.hk > c.hp > mp shouoken > U2 (Kick version) 497 dmg (hard) - strict timing BEST DAMAGE (Not recommended)
j.hk > c.mk > hp shouoken > U2 (Kick version) 415 dmg (moderate) - not full ultra (Not recommended)
j.hk > c.hp > hp shouoken > U2 (Kick version) 445 dmg (moderate) - not full ultra (Not recommended)
j.hk > c.mk > EX shouoken > U2 (Kick version) 435 dmg (moderate) - not full ultra
j.hk > c.hp > EX shouoken > U2 (Kick version) 465 dmg (moderate) - not full ultra
- If you use the hp or ex shouoken some hits will whiff on the ultra. Could be character specific though. Timing is strict on mp version. Not recommended. Certainly not worth the hassle. Easier on ex version but does less damage than lp version. On the other hand you have more time to fadc out if you have meter and ex shou is blocked. If the opportunity for ex version presents itself take it!
Late Air tatsu > U2 (Kick version) (Recommended)
*This one is good because you know it only works in the corner. You can buffer the ultra input while doing the air tatsu and if it hits you ultra if not you have a few options e.g. throw, backdash or neutral jump. Its a nasty setup after a corner knockdown as you can jump in with the air tatsu or do a neutral jump tatsu. hk version seems to stay active for longer in the air and hits tall opponents like Sagat everytime. With shorter characters you have to do the tatsu really late when you are almost head height with them.
lk, mk, hk = 314 dmg
EX = 344 dmg
EX hadoken > EX Sakura Otoshi > U2 (Kick Version) (Not recommended)
- Must be full screen distance. Corner only. Let the Otoshi hit whiff. The last hit of ultra whiffs (maybe character specific?). Wastes Two EX Bars.
EX Hadoken > FADC >U2 (Punch Version) (Not recommended)
- There is really no reason to use this one as it wastes 3 bars of ex meter when you could just go with ex tatsu for less meter and more damage. It is really flashy though. Can be done anywhere on screen but last ultra hit whiffs (character specific?). Its a combo finisher so combo into the EX Hadoken with a C.hp, C.mk or jump in attack.
EX Hadoken > FADC >U2 319 dmg
j.hk > c.hp > EX Hadoken > FADC >U2 435 dmg
Video by Obey:
Videos by freetgy
If you liked this or it was helpful to you please nominate for article. I want one of them contribution points stars!