Creating a Keypad stick. Questions inside

Ho ho! I’ve finally committed to tricking out my Xbox Round 2 TE stick with keyboard goodness. I’ve got a few questions for you guys, if you could help me.

Instead of totaling my stick and wasting this awesome Sanwa stick that I’m loving for Gief, Hawk, Hugo and Hakan, I’m going to splice the directional input wires connected between the stick and the circuit board to a switch and four Sanwa OBSF-24 KK square pushbuttons. The plan is to be able to flip between the stick and the four-key setup at leisure.

This is where I need yous guyses help so I don’t blow up Southern Ontario or something.

1. Is there anything I need to worry about when modifying the Round 2 360 TE stick in regards to the grey wires running from the stick to the circuitboard? Would this even work? What does it entail? I have someone who can electronickify things with competency, but I just want to make sure.

2. Where can I purchase Sanwa OBSF-24 KK buttons? I live in Eastern Ontario, Canada. Napanee to be more specific, and I’m looking for the best options in regards to shipping and what-not. Google search turns up a bunch of poorly designed HTML websites. While I’m sure they’re fine, I don’t have the know-how to know which ones are trustworthy, nor do I know how much shipping will cost.

inb4carpeltunnel

Thanks.

You should email tek-innovations to ask to add add OBSF-24kk square holes for the panel builder. It might work just to have a seperate new panel for the stick.

Akihabarashop.jp has the 24KK buttons.

I’ll be doing my own body-work for this one, so that shouldn’t be necessary. I have a pal with the tools to cut square holes to the proper size.

Akihabarashop. I saw them, but shipping from Japan is craaaaayzeeeee… and I can’t make heads or tails of their website. I’ll futz around on there some more.

Their shipping options say:

AIR MAIL 665¥
EMS 1,820¥
SAL 630¥
SURFACE 2,480¥

Do I use “Air Mail”, or something else?

Not too bad. Only about $7.50 for international shipping. All depends on how fast you wanna get them ;D

Air mail shipping from Japan and Korea only takes about a week to the US FYI. Don’t know how much of a difference it would be to Canada, but it’s probably only a couple days at most, if any.