Crossups

Well I’m getting alot better lately. close matches with 3500pp players who don’t play easy etc. I main guy and adon and My tactics etc are good. Mixups baiting etc. But I just can’t land crossups. I don’t know why. In training mode they always succeed but in a real match I always fail. Could someone help me out with this problem?

What do you mean “can’t land”? You’re getting anti aired, they’re blocking, or you’re just missing?

they just block it on the side I was coming from. Im not missing just getting blocked.

That’s going to happen 99% of the time, it’s what you do after the crossup that matters.

That’s fine. What you need to do is start mixing in ambiguous cross ups into your game. Empty jumps into throws, empty jumps into RJ, etc. Jut mix things up… then they won’t know which way to block from or even if they should block.

Great point from pattybenpatty. Also, have you learned your block strings? If not, this is a great time to learn them. A block string is a combo that you can keep your opponent in block stun with so that they can’t get their offense up and you can start mixing them up. My main isn’t adon, (so I can’t give you any specific combos, but I’m sure you can find some on the Adon forums) but standard block strings are usually cr.LK, cr.LK, cr.MK and then a special. So if they block the mixup, go into a block string and keep em on the defense.

P.S. Sorry if you already know what a blockstring is, figured I’d save some Q+A by just describing it anyways.