Crouching opponents - links & throws

akuma

I have two questions, my first being, if I hit a crouching opponent with say, lp lp mp, what can i do after that? can i link in to a combo even if theyre crouching?

my second is, if for example I demon flip and they block, if I attempt a throw right after and they crouch, sometimes it’ll wiff others it’ll throw. Does this have anything to do with block stun?

Sorry for the noob questions :looney:

c.mk > hadoken always works for me after a fail attempt to throw then even if they block it you can teleport right after the hadoken to safety.

From a link on crouchers you can go into a fireball or EX, (in the corner you can follow the EX up with a Shoryuken) the fireball can be focus cancelled into a combo, though this will take some practice to get used to. EX Tatsu will also combo from the link for some nice damage.

EX tatsu on crouchers works wonders.

You can end strings with Fireball, EX Fireball, EX Fireball -> Shoryuken, EX Tatsu, EX Tatsu -> Shoryuken, Fireball FADC string again, tick throw, or cancel a normal into a demonflip for mixup. Many options on crouching opponents.

If you land 2x cr.lp on a croucher, imo your best no-meter option is LP srk. It knocks down and allows you to reposition yourself how you like.

As for your second question, yes you can’t throw if they are still in blockstun. You have to wait for it to wear off.

thanks for the replies. I’ll give these go!

You can easily hit confirm c.LP, c.LP, c.MP into a much larger combo on a crouching opponent by FADC’ing into st.HK, which stands your opponent up on hit.

c.LP, c.LP, c.MP xx Hadouken, FADC, st.HK, c.LP xx LK Tatsu, HP SRK is a good example, and works anywhere on the stage other than in the corner, and I’m fairly sure on every character. When practicing this combo, be sure you don’t mash HK after the FADC, as most of the time it won’t work. The st.HK must be timed correctly and somewhat precisely in order for it to connect properly. You should be hitting HK the moment the dash animation ends. It’s not as hard to do as it sounds.

In the corner you have other, easier options like c.LP, c.LP, c.MP xx EX Tatsu, HP SRK, or c.LP, c.LP, c.MP xx EX Hado, FP SRK. You can also FADC straight into st.HP xx LK Tatsu, FP SRK if they are in the corner.

Alright thanks, very useful information. Doing this with a pad is quite hard despite me practicing loads. Thankfully I ordered a stick today which will hopefully make it easier

cr. LP, cr, LP, cr. MP, LP Shoryuken and you can choose to FADC into Shaku.