CT, Mar. 4th, Project-Failure presents Friday Night Blackout

-MvC3 Added to the line up. You will probbaly have to play both games. We are not going to wait for you to finish all SSF4 matches before you play MvC3. We will try and space it out though so you don’t get bombarded with matches simultaneously. Also special Magical Drop 3 side tournament on official Neo Geo cabinet with official Neo Geo MD3 cart. Too bad Jwong isn’t on the east coast anymore. I would have liked to seen how good he really is at MD3 or is it all talk?

-Food update Sorry guys its getting cold out and its time to put away the grill. Also we’re not going to handle food this time around. There is chinese, dominos, and itialian food that deliver in the area, but most places close at 10pm. So if you guys want to organize your own groups to order food feel free to do so and have it delivered to the house. We will still have bottled water for everyone if I’m not mistaken.

-Weather If its snowing like crazy chances are we’ll reschedule this. I’ll make sure to update the thread ASAP if we do reschedule and if any word about bad weather pops up post in the thread so we all know whats going on as well.

Project-Failure presenting Friday Night Blackout

Games: Super Street Fighter 4 and Marvel vs Capcom 3

Videos: TheProjectFailure on Youtube
Brackets: Project Failure - CHALLONGE!
Twitter: Jon (jonsbasement) on Twitter
Stream:ProjectFailure: Fighting Game Tournaments.
Rules: Double Elimination, Best of 3 matches, Finals Best of 5 matches. Each match 2 out of 3 rounds
Size: NO LIMIT! well lets just say we now have made so much room that we don’t expect to pass a limit, but still signup so we have an idea of what we’re dealing with just in case.
Fee: $5 venue fee + $10 tournament fee = $15 total to play
Hardware: Xbox 360, Bring your own stick, 5 hd stations for tournament use, 1 additional hd stations for casuals. (there may be casuals on other games as well) There will also be a 32" CRT with PS2 hooked up for Melty or Guilty Gear.Pictures
When: Friday Mar. 4th, 2011. Open at 8pm and try to start tournament at 9:00pm. If you guys want to start later because of work/school/out of state let us know and we’ll see what we can do, but right now saturday isn’t an option for project-failure, sorry guys.
Where: 134 Wooster Street, Naugatuck, CT 06770.
Payout: 70/20/10

This tournament will be run monthly for the winter. (We will try to adhere to this without conflicting with other local tournaments)

Please Sign-up by replying to this thread if your going to enter in the tournament or coming for casuals. This way there are no issues at the door because we don’t know who you are.

There are usually money matches/side tourneys afterwards, we’ll also have some other games on hand. We do have 3 cabinets running all night for people to play on. With (SSF4, CvS2, ST, MvC2 & 1, and more)

If you have suggestions, for future changes, let me know. We’re always looking to improve the way things are done. So if you have a great idea for the next tournament we’ll see what can be done.

PLAYER SLOTS

1. Kyriptic +
  2. TheEsco5000 * (bringing rich, Gaby, Taurus, Goy, Skillz, Rob aka the eviltwin)
  3. craigkeller
  4. NMHsteve *
  5. stew *
  6. nosone +
  7. sho (bringing new faces)
  8. F0xhound009 *
  9. TommyTwoTime77 +
  10. g0dhand
  11. Lonesoldier
  12. MrQuotes
  13. MarlinPie
  14. JoeyMiggz +
  15. Trent *
  16. Manny_O
  17. Dru *
  18. DSP *
  19. BlueNine
  20. Bobbypigo *
  21. Jcool813
  22. MizukiTHPS (Maybe +1 or 2) *
  23. Hondatech (Bringing Yea Aite, Andrew Tran, The Doctor) +
  24. Andersen

Uncertain List:
-Ride the Walrus
-Raion [Needs a Ride from New Britain, PM him if you can please]
-United VirusX
-The Realyst

Previous Results: project-failure-1-28-11-friday-night-black-out-results
Top 3:
1-Dieminion
2-TommyTwoTime
3-MrQuotes

Results Thread: http://shoryuken.com/f6/project-failure-3-4-11-friday-night-black-out-results-267793/

I’d be in for this if i had a stick for 360 if someone wouldnt mind lettin me borrow one during the matches I’ll go otherwise i cant =(

Me and Jon(other guy running tournament) both have a TE stick and we’d have no problem letting you use one of them for your matches. Also people are usually pretty cool about letting you borrow their stick too. So don’t worry too much about it hehe.

Put me down as a maybe, I actually have to work that Friday but I don’t know what time I’ll be working until yet.

Craig does not miss Magical Drop 3 tournaments.

MVC3 only here. Sign me up!

Oh wow thank you very much than u can count me there man cant wait!!!

for mvc3*

Put me in that uncertain list as usual XD

Sign me up for SSF4.

I have two and I’ve been bringing both just in case. So don’t sweat it.

Sho’s in this and I’ll probably be showing up with a couple new faces.

I’m gonna start coming back to these but for MvC3, I quit SF4 months ago. So yea, put me down for Marvel.

Yeah and I have my stick which I don’t even use until after the tournament is over, so yeah. Still looking for a ride though.

Aww shit

I’m in there for the most hype game ever released

MAGICAL DROP 3!!!

GET HYPE!!!

I’m in for sure. :tup:

Side note:
Please finish putting JoJo and Puzzle Fighter in Jon, I know you can do it.

I belive that Team Waterbury(rich, Gaby, Taurus, Goy, Skillz, Rob aka the eviltwin, and me Esco) will be in full effect at PF for mvc3. U can start pissing ur pants now!!! :wink:

I’m tired of being a noob. Its time to level up. Sign me up for MVC3 & SSFIV… this will be my first Friday Night Blackout :slight_smile:

Pretty sure puzzle fighter has always been on it? You should get into magical drop 3 its better :stuck_out_tongue:
Dunno whats up with JoJo though.

Sweet always great to meet new people. Have you been to any other tournaments in the CT area?

Oh shit… pissing has commenced, but I made it to the bathroom in time :slight_smile:

Not to sound like a broken record, but if anyone can get me to this from New Britain I would appreciate it a lot. Send me a if you can.