So I’m in the market for something new and I have a choice of a new TV, speakers and whatever, and an arcade cabinet (as long as it’s blank, I’d like top put a PC or console in there). After missing out on a Showcase cabinet for $200, I found a posting for a custom MAME cabinet:
I asked some basic questions and here are some answers:
- Joysticks are probably competition - been a while
- Doors come in different sizes the cabinet is 27.5" wide, 38" deep and 75" tall
- Wiring uses a keyboard controller: http://www.hagstromelectronics.com/products/lp24.html
- It’s a TV, and uses an RF adapter to accept composite signals (yellow wire)
- It’s a Celeron 633 - don’t know what CPS is.
I’m just wondering if this is worth the price (delivery is free also as he lives right near me).