Custom Stick. What do you think?

This is a pic of my first custom stick. I’d like to know what you guys think.

Also here is the link to alot more pics on joystickvault. Please rate it. BTW its up for sale if you want to buy it.
http://www.joystickvault.com/showphoto.php?photo=2596&limit=recent

There is a “check out my new arcade stick” sticky, you should check that out and ask for advice there. On the flip side, I do like your stick :slight_smile:

for powerful game

Layout is totally unpractical and seems totally uncomfortable. Start/Select buttons are also too close to the main buttons. 8 buttons < 6 buttons. Artwork is not my taste.

Sorry, just my honest opinion.

it’s a modded stick, he couldn’t choose the layout :stuck_out_tongue:

btw, the artwork doesn’t seem to be cut correctly to the plexi and is crooked. I’m also curious about how the plexi layer is being held down. I don’t see any screws. The buttons perhaps? or maybe it’s been glued or burned onto the panel?

btw, you have a typo in the title… unless costom is a new word I haven’t heard of before.

Yea I know. A Naki stick is not worth putting Sanwa parts in IMO because of the layout :S

"Layout is totally unpractical and seems totally uncomfortable. Start/Select buttons are also too close to the main buttons. 8 buttons < 6 buttons. Artwork is not my taste.

Sorry, just my honest opinion. "

"it’s a modded stick, he couldn’t choose the layout :stuck_out_tongue: "

very true i couldn’t pick the layout. It was a crappy Xbox stick that i bought broken for 20 bucks and modded out as for the artwork its Unreleased Billy Martinez Art from the Comic “the Deepest Dark” set to release in 2011.

If I were you, I’d go buy one of those nice little cases from riotblade for 35$ and put the parts in there, as well as the artwork. he has one of 30$ right now actually: http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=196473

You can spray paint it to a nice color using vinyl dye and then you can show off a really neat stick.

"btw, you have a typo in the title… unless costom is a new word I haven’t heard of before. "

Lol i didn’t notice.

as for the plexi…there is none. The artwork is a giant sticker i had printed out at Fed-ex. i know its cut a little off but its not easy to put a sticker that size onto something X_X.

Yea definitely. Especially with the awkward shape of the case.

Thanks for the hint i’m putting a wooden Stick together now as a matter of fact. Box is rather nice too.

wow that came out way bigger then i wanted it to…

Ok now that’s hawt. Keep us posted on the results :smiley:

Will Do!

Fixed the title. It was driving me nuts and wasn’t nearly as entertaining as HRAPE.

That’s a very nice job on the new case. What joystick is that mounting indented for?

Thank you and “HRAPE”? lol

as for the joystick its for the Sanwa JLF

How did you cut out the holes for the hex head nuts? BTW, the case looks great so far! Are you using two pieces of MDF for the top?

ahaha HRAPE, that will never go away. That guy will forever be the HRAPE guy lol.

Anyways, nice project stick!

It"s one piece. Used a Router. It’s great with a smaller bit if you want to make your hole’s uneven like that.