CvS2 is jumping in to start an attack good?

i have a strange question… is jumping to start a rushdown or basic combo good if you are in any groove besides C? I do it all the time but with out the air block protection, i leaver myself open to too much shit. I also read the combos that are posted here and i dont see too many ppl saying jump in deep or jump to cross up etc… a few opinions would be cool thanks.

if you’re playing against anyone that knows how to counter against jump moves (ie. DP) then you shouldn’t jump

its better to use your roll tactic if you have it in your current grove and if you use jumping make sure to jump over FAST projectiles to start combos…if you jump a slow projectile be prepared for a DP in the face or s.FP…

just some of my thoughts on jumping to start

poke your way in or move in slowly using a regular straight up jump if they throw projectile

thx alot man sounds cool, i use rolling but not too much, ppl catch on to that quick for some reason… i think if i was in k groove and i can get a jd in the air, that would solve my problems. do you think so…?

Don’t listen to tRiZzLe if you’re a K- or P-Groove player. If you can JD/parry well, you can jump for free in CvS2.

yeah jumping is a good thing to start an attack it just depends on if your opponent will counter it which most will try since generally they’ll have someone with a dragon punch type move but that shouldn’t stop you from jumping in or sometimes better on the situation to small jump it to start a rushdown. Like Gunter said if you are in p or k its for free and this’ll make gunter happy, as if he didn’t know, same for A groove if you anticipate something or just to make them need to block and go into a gaurd crush sequence. Those are free jump ins and jumps arn’t a bad thing just like rolls sometimes over used that is why you need a good ground game so you arn’t relient on the jump or roll. and another thing that makes since is if you control the ground you can make your opponent predictable with their actions so you know when they are going to jump and stuff so it is all up to you.

i rambled sorry if they last part doesn’t go with the thread.

Jesus loves you all with and everlasting love.:D:D:D

-Pickledude-

cool cool thx for the advice, the reason why i ask this cause every time i wanna jump into my friend who uses ryu alot, he always uses the diagonal jump Rk and it hits me every time. you know that jump where as soon as your in the air you do the action… thats how i see it…does that make sense? when that happends 6 times in the round i gotta change my strat fast to the ground.

Does small jumps count coz small jumps r hard to counter if I’m not mistaken…

thats a good point… i didnt think about small jump… i wanna start using n and k groove in the arcade since i got so used to the ps2 version. thats is one strong points of the run grooves… yea i think they are hard to counter againt since there is a small gap between the air and he opponent. I heard that bisons small jump sucks though…

shakes his cane at the thread

I can’t believe this question is actually being asked… sputter In MY day, we had to get the President’s best economists to plan a jump-in, as well as sanctions from the Pope! Is it OK to ju… what is this world coming to?

Now pass me my prune juice!

If I were to “small jump” I’d choose Rock with P or N grooves respectively…well that’s just my opinion so don’t mind me…:smiley:

The matter of jumping all comes down to priority. Here it goes:

a) if u can outprioritize his aa, then jump all you want.
b) if u can trade with his aa, and ur jumpin is more powerful, then jump in till u dizzy him.
c) if u can trade with his aa, but u are weaker, but u need to take some life off, then jump MAX 3 times and then stop or u will be dizzied by him then u are fucked.
d) if u get out right BEAT by his AA, by all means STOP MAN!
e) if u get out right BEAT by his AA, but u have AIR super, then bait him into AA then SUPER!!!

thx for all yor replys guys, its really helpful… i practicing these strats right now… what i learned is that its good to jump but at the right time, you cant just jump wih out a game plan and that is probably why ppl lose alot of matches that way.

forgot to mention i’m a strict A groove player myself…jump ins just useless in A groove

it also depends if you like turtling or being a rushdown player

never jump at someone who is crouching because u are gonna get hit. try to only short jump in, its quicker and safer because it gives less time for them to react to it. only long jump in if they get predictable with projectiles, otherwise, try to stay on the ground.

quote:
posted by rally kupo
never jump at someone who is crouching because u are gonna get hit. try to only short jump in, its quicker and safer because it gives less time for them to react to it. only long jump in if they get predictable with projectiles, otherwise, try to stay on the ground.

yea thats hella true. any shoto can just dp you or just hit you with a uppercut. i know hibiki has a st FP or some regular move that stop all jump ins…
quote:
posted by trizzle

forgot to mention i’m a strict A groove player myself…jump ins just useless in A groove
yea i tried many times to jump in deep for a cc with ken or kyo, i see videos and they start from the ground.

i’ve actually seen some uses in A groove jump ins…
i’ve seen ppl who do this… jump in, when it’s very deep and as the opponent is doing his anti air, activate in the air, when you land, you can hit them while they’re recoverying from the anti air (even if it’s just a crouch+HP), you’re safe because of the invincibility frame from activation.

i don’t know how well this works tho. i never tried it myself because i’ve just started learning A groove like today.