CVS2 Tourney- Sacramento Area

CVS2 Tourney- Sacramento Area Now with 33.33% more Third Strike!

There will be a CVS2 tournament as well as an Armored Core: Ninebreaker at the Sac-Con on March 12th.Hands will be checked for admission stamp. No stamp, No tourney. Details below:

Capcom vs. SNK 2 II

Location: Scottish Rite Center, 6151 H Street, Sacramento, CA 95819

Date: March 12, 2006
Time: 12:00 pm (Noon)
Type: Single Elimination.
Mode: Ratio Match

Entry: Free with admission to convention ($5)

**Banned Characters **
Shin Akuma, Ult. Rugal, Evil Ryu, Blood Iori

Additional Rules
Players must register their teams at time of sign-up, which will not be revealed until they are played. Order and Ratio can be changed each match, but characters and grooves cannot. EX-Grooves are banned. Doubled/Cloned characters are not allowed (i.e. two or three Sagats).

Brackets:
Random seeding. “By” priority based on first come, first served sign-up.

Nine Breaker II

Location: Scottish Rite Center, 6151 H Street, Sacramento, CA 95819

Date: March 12, 2006
Time: 1:00 pm
Type: Single Elimination, 2 out of 3 wins to advance.
Entry: Free with admission to convention ($5)

Banned Parts:
CR-C98E2 (Light Solid EO Core)
CR-LH96FA (Heavyweight Biped Legs; Unless used with a Heavy-Class Core and Arms)
CR-LHT92 (Tank Legs)
CR-WH05BP (Bazooka)
CR-WH79H3 (Handgun)
HOHSHI (Inside ECM Maker)
I05E-SQUID2 (Inside ECM Maker)
JIREN (Energy Extentions)
SAISUI (Energy Extentions)

Arena Selection:
The default starting arena venues will be Born City, Marine Base, and Undergound works. These were chosen because they have a decent amount of space and cover. The banned arena venues are Deck Cage, Dune, Floating Arena, Volcano, Training Space, Upper Sea, Site-S.

Arena selection will open with the flip of a coin. The loser of the flip then vetoes one arena from the three starting defaults. The winner then picks from one of the remaining two. After the first battle, the loser will then pick any arena that is not banned.

Brackets:
Random seeding. “By” priority based on first come, first served sign-up.

just bumping my thread.

Woot! I’m there… for obvious reasons.

marvel???

I’m there, but wtf is that breaker game all about?

and yeah, i don’t play, but i’ll 2nd korngo’s question. marvel???

It’s Armored Core. It’s kinda like Gundam. But not really, Fuck. It’s a game about Mechs that blow each other up.

Is that the 8bitters convention? If not, (and if it is) what kind of convention is it and is it open to the public? And is this tourny for money/prizes?

It’s for the Sacramento Comic Con. Yes, it’s open to the public. There will be prizes but no money. There will be no MvC2 either.

What kind of prizes?

Random T-shirts hats, and action figures for the top 3.

Just making sure everyone gets the update that the stupid bazooka is banned. The ban list is finalized, unless someone comes up with a really good reason to add something.

AmbiguousCrosup, if you could please update the banlist on your initiat post to include “CR-WH05BP (Bazooka)” above the H3 Handgun, that’d be great. Also be sure to add the additonal rules and bans(you can find them at the other forums we frequent or look below).

**Banned Characters **
Shin Akuma, God Rugal, Evil Ryu, Blood Iori

Additional Rules
Players must register their teams at time of sign-up, which will not be revealed until they are played. Order and Ratio can be changed each match, but characters and grooves cannot. EX-Grooves are banned. Doubled/Cloned characters are not allowed (i.e. two or three Sagats).

Just giving it a bump.

2 days left y’all

hey, is the cvs 2 tournament on ps2?

Had a great time everyone. I would post results but I don’t have them with me. We will do this again on June 11th. The cool and uexpected thing was the fact that we had a 25 man(and 1 girl) CVS2 tourney. Good Times hope to see more people in June! Also, who here went so I can rep them?

Yes, 26 people was the biggest turn-out we had ever for the SRC tournament. Sucks that the stupid fucking cosplayers needed the room and made us have to rush the tournament.

Third Strike has been added to the lineup. The next event is scheduled for june 11th. go to Http://www.sacramentocomics.com