CvS2 Videos Thread

gotta wait about 30 sec to connect to download the vids

try downloading them in IE – i know it worked for me

sawada vs mago - staring contest of PAIN

Yeah, you might not want to link directly to the FTP holding the videos, especially with your username/password in the link. Not only does it cause problems with people downloading, it certainly isn’t secure.

That said, AWESOME videos!!

komemaru vs kim

I didn’t watch the Blanka part because C-Blanka gets no love from me. C-Sagat and Rolento are very strong characters which I highly respect and always look forward to watch though (especially against scrub friendly characters like A-Sakura).

01:45- Full meter Sagat’s trying make Sakura burn her meter while he still has life to spare so he doesn’t have to worry about the CC later?

04:44- Rolento goes for an alpha counter? It looked like either Rolento tried to AC the jump in attack, messed up and was still mashing, or Rolento got impatient and tried to take the easy way out and AC the likely crouching short to get control back. A big mistake I think as gay groove can CC through the Rolento AC on reaction for free. :sad: I have no idea why Kyo got greedy and went for the ground CC after seeing the Rolento f+MK move. Anti-air CC on reaction would of won him the match at that point, but Kyo player messed up.

edit: Oops, I missed seeing the Rolento airblock. There was no mashing after all. It was either a chicken block, AC attempt or a chicken block, trip guard d.MK attempt that got messed up.

I’m going to spend time practicing punishing the Rolento f+MK move on sight with my most damaging options for every character I have after watching this vid and the many another vids I’ve seen Shiro randomly (or intentionally?) get this move.

Anyway, a good game overall, but Kim got hella lucky and I’m positive he knows it too. :rofl: Thanks for sharing as in addition to the two moments that stood out to me and I commented on, I also picked up some useful things basics-wise I can use against generic A-Sakura, which is always great.

Just curious kcxj,
Do Kyo’s ground CC’s start with upper? To me, it looks like the Kyo player wasn’t sure if his uppercut would reach from that far. So he walks forwards, activates, and tries the uppercut, but he was too slow, and ends up getting blocked instead. No point in hitting rolento with any normals, since he’s airborne during f+MK and will pop back to his feet. The killer was Kyo wasn’t expecting it, so he reacts slow, and the walk up was too slow. Uppercutting in CC mode is the right decision, since he needs a knockdown to guarantee the combo, just his reflexes weren’t on point. Just an opinion though.

The match was shifting towards Komemaru’s favor, so I tried a eager alpha counter, which I fucked up, therefore getting the pogo move. He slightly hesitated, thats why his custom didn’t hit me.

Please, if anyone has the EVOLUTION semi-final matches: Kim(C-Blanka/Sagat/Rolento) vs Kindebu(A-Sakura/Bison/Blanka) and/or Kim(C-Blanka/Sagat/Rolento) vs Eric Lee(K-Rock/Kim/Cammy). Please contact me on AIM at ohayo1234 or post in this thread. Laugh actually has my match vs Eric Lee, but is missing the third match. Thanks.

Btw, otaku vs makoto video is now up.

-Kim

yo i think we have some of those matchs. I can get them next week the earlest

=( it’s asking for username/password… where is it?

Kim’s Rolento is my hero… seriously. I wonder if Kyo could do some funny throw CCs on Rolento with RH throw, since Rolento loves to suck and OTGable against CC mode.

great vids man! Wish I could see more :slight_smile: Would love to see the semi-finals footage.

otaku is my hero. good stuff. :tup:

Wow thanks for all the cool vids. Now I have more to add to my cvs2 collection.

internet explorer, right-click, save as target, WHAT THE FUCK

fool. i know the routine. his page just wont respond stupid

they all work, dunno, i guess you’re beat

Kim you’re wonderful

Wicked vids thanks Kim, your Rolento is jesus level :karate:

while we’re looking for vids, does anyone have Keith vs DJB-13? this was a really good match with some pretty fancy shit (crossup aa tiger cannon). anyone have Albert vs Ricky? Choi vs Cumbotakemymoneyfiend?

hi, kim you’re my hero too
do you have me vs djb from evo semi’s?

ps kim: you’re rolento is like on some whole other level monkey shit flying around and poking fools then doing s.mk xx knife super

Damn I love Otaku, in the world of A-Groove it’s just so enjoyable to see a rushdown style ala Daigo 3S Ken.

Kyo JD low roudhouse xx s.hk xx wave super was dope. Not only that but he immeadiatly knew where he was going with it. Used the first two stages of rekka to get to the corpse and sets up faking a rekka overhead, goes low with the short to tick, then runs into throw.

Also impressive was the fact that Hibiki c.lk c.lk c.lk c.lp xx dash super actually comboed :xeye:. Only for Otaku heh.

dope site

that rolento is on crack