*** D-Pad’s New Braunfels, TX tournament - Feb 28th, 2009!!*
Sup, it’s been a while since I went out and hosted a tournament. Other than the events happening at Arcade UFO, I’m gonna go ahead and host my next up coming tournament at the D-Pad located in New Braunfels (located in-between Austin and San Antonio). We got nothing but the newest games of 08/09 being hosted this time around. Of course, side-tournaments are welcome but not official.
Also, please if you can bring spare TVs and Consoles for this event.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Address: 1024 San Antonio St. Ste. A, New Braunfels, TX?
Phone Number: 830-643-0440
Pics: (None at the moment)
*NOTE: Please note, D-Pad will only know so much about the tournament.
If you want to know more info about this event, please post here and I will respond.
Street Fighter 4
**** The Games!**
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Starting at 2:00 pm) - Wii
- Street Fighter HD (Starting at 3:00 pm) - PS3
- Tatsunoko vs. Capcom (Starting at 5:00 pm) - Wii
- Street Fighter 4 (Starting at 6:00 pm) - PS3
- Fate/Unlimited Codes (Starting at 7:00 pm) - PS2
We are using the PS3 for SF4 and SFHD.
*NOTE: Some events may be delayed (but don’t count on it), however ‘Super Smash Bros. Brawl’ and ‘Super Street Fighter 4’ are set on stone. Please, show up or time!
Venue: $5 (only have to pay once)
Entry Fee for each game: $10 (pay for each game you would like to enter, money goes straight to the prize pot)
It will basically be a the usual 70/20/10 split. In other words, depending how much money is in the prize pot will be rewarded to the top 3 players of the tournament. 1st will get 70%, 2nd place will get 20%, and 3rd place will get 10% of the prize pot.
*NOTE: Street Fighter 4 and Smash Bros Brawl will have a different split.
It will go something like this: 60/25/15
**** General Global Rules!**
- Please bring your own controller.
- All rules are arcade standard.
- Don’t use any game breaking glitches for any game that will prevent the match to continue.
- If you win with your character, you have no choice but to stay as that character until you have lost (except for Smash Bros. Brawl)
- If you pause in a middle of a match, your opponent has the option of having you lost the match, do the match over, or continue on.
- No refunds once you have started your first match in the tournament.
Also, please don’t act stupid.
In other words, don’t act childish. I don’t want to hear baby excuses on why you lost or why you can’t win. When the tournament starts for that portion of the game there will be NO CASUALS until that portion/game of that tournament is over.
If you are playing casuals, you will be given one warning, but if you are cought again after being warned you will be DQed (yum, ice cream… no but seriously).
**** Console Game Rules!**
Super Smash Bros. Brawl!
Have not posted the official rule set for this event just yet.
But to make you guys worry less about what kind of rules I will put up, don’t worry, items will be turned off.
Street Fighter 4!
- Console Characters will be allowed (including Boss character such as Seth).
- Street Fighter HD!
- Akuma is allowed.
- Tatsunoko vs. Capcom!
- Console Characters will be allowed as well as the giant characters that take up 2 slots.
- Fate/Unlimited Codes!
Not sure yet…
Let’s make this a badass tournament!
Show up, and just have some fun! ;o