Damn, I never beat that game!

So as i’m on youtube (since my ps3 STILL isn’t working) , i decided to relive my childhood and listen to some video game music… yanno, the sonic, streets of rage, ddr, megaman… ANYWAYS… there was a clip of tmnt, the first one (not the arcade port that most people remember, but the 1 player one), and the guy was goin thru the music. My monkey ass is hummin along to all the songs, then he said here’s my favorite from the boss level, and i didn’t know it. I thought long and hard then the jackass reminded me why i didn’t know that song. his next favorite song… THE FUCKING UNDERWATER LEVEL (diffuse the bombs in less than 2 minutes i think it was).

I NEVER BEAT THE GAME.

What’s some games that weren’t half bad in your book that you haven’t beaten?

Ghouls and fucking ghost. I beat the every level in the game, and it tells me that it was all get some kinda [media=youtube]6hM20M2px3g&#t=8m34s"[/media]and start from the beginning. I looked at the screen in disbelief, cut my genesis off and threw it off the tv stand like I throw hos down the stairs in frustration and stayed angry for the entire day.

It was the first time I’ve ever gotten so frustrated with a game, that I ragequit it completely. I’ve picked it up again recently but its been years since I’ve even touched it.

Fucking Glover on the 64. I remember I ragequitted so hard I broke my coveted gold controller.

Also, Never beat MegaMan 9 :confused:

• Star wars, Kotor, Got to the last guy, and the tv went out or something happened a couple times in a row to stop me and I never played it again.
  • Ya, TMNT never beat the pizza van level. Too confusing in first grade.
  • Gear of War. Watched my friend kill the last boss before I ever played it.
  • Assasins Creed 1. Loved it, but as I knew it would take awhile, I took my time with it. Then someone stole it, and like 90% of my xbox games.
  • Star Ocean 2. Awesome game and would be playing it but controllers wont reach my couch since I have moved so haven’t hooked up the ole’ ps2.

never beat beyond good and evil, maybe one day ill get around to it

I never beat Mario & Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story. It’s a great game, but a slew of amazing games?starting with Uncharted 2?came out all at once, and I never had time to go back. When I finally did, I didn’t know what the hell was going on anymore.

FF12. I got to the last dungeon and just…gave up. Not sure why, probably that long grind that occurs there.

I got Silent Hill 2 about 5 years back played about half of it before i was too freaked out to continue, only last month did i beat it.

Still haven’t finished Banjo Kazooie, Jet Force Gemini, Mahjora’s Mask, and probably many more long N64 games.

Also how is your PS3 still not working? PSN has been up and running for everyone since this afternoon

Turok 2: Seeds of Evil for N64. Got absolutely, uncontrollably, impossibly lost in the “Lair of the Blind Ones” level. It still haunts me because I enjoyed the game in levels 1-3 so much.

Comix Zone: I had a defective copy that reset whenever you reached a certain point.
Cool Spot: Fucking bottle caps game was bloody hard. Seriously.
Space Harrier II: Shit was just way too hard when I was a kid. Never went back, although I think I could beat it now.
Sonic Spinball: Fuck this shit, constant flow of robotic chickens getting in my way so I can’t jump in the right hole.

Never had a problem with recent games. Never met an Xbox, 360, or PS3 game I couldn’t crush. Fucking Sega Genesis was a good friend to me as a child, but it was that friend that would kick my ass all the time.

I invite you to try Soldner-X and Trash Panic. Old school games wish they’re that hard.

Curse you Metroid Prime

I loved everything about that game except the combat. I’m going to give it another shot, when I went back to finally beat FF9 it was 100000x better than it was the first time around.

And FFTactics. My disc had a nasty scratch on it and locked up going into the last chapter, so I’m trying it again on an emulator and loving it all over again.

Final Fantasy 8. I got bored with it because it sucks.

KOTOR: D20 system bad in real life and bad on computers.

Ninja Gaiden. I don’t even remember how far I’ve been, just that I never beat it. I should sit down and do it sometime.

Final Fantasy 8: Got… Somewhere in the second disc. Repurchased it on PSN… But haven’t really started on it again.

Final Fantasy 9: Got to, I’m sure the last boss, on Disc 4 and couldn’t beat him. Lost the game and it’s been like that for a lot of years.

Final Fantasy Tactics: Got into a 1 on 1 with that captain or whatever, couldn’t win because I wasn’t strong enough, gave up. I still have my copy of it though.

Kingdom Hearts: I was on this hardcore just a few months ago and I’m pretty far. I need to finish this off since I still have Kingdom Hearts 2 still in the cellophane and it’s been in there for years. Has dust on the plastic now.

Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations: On the last case. Very last one. I’ll have to start it over, but now I have Miles Edgeworth Investigations and I’m into that one right now.

Advance Wars 2: Got to the last part, didn’t finish it off.

Advance Wars DS: Same as Advance Wars 2… I think. I haven’t played either of them in a min… and…

Advance Wars Days of Ruin: Got stuck, gave up, moved on to something else.

Megaman ZX: Got lost, gave up.

Megaman Zero 2 & 3: …Damnit, gave up or something. I don’t even remember.

I could go on and on, but this is enough.

I never understood what was so difficult about the underwater level in the original TMNT. I got past that one all the time. Never beat Shredder though.

Made it to the final area in FFXII, didn’t play it for two days, and never had the drive to go back.

And to this day I have no idea why I haven’t finished Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door yet as I love the hell out of that game. It still sits on my shelf taunting me…

Shit. I never made it to Shredder. In fact, I’ve only made it to the Technodrome stage once, and got my ass kicked.

Phantasy Star 1 - Couldn’t beat it back in 88-89. Bought an old Master System in the classifieds circa 98 just to complete it, Only got as far as that castle in the sky. Now its over 20 years since I’ve had the game. The only reason why i still have it is so I can finish it (pre-memory card era, saves are built in the cartridge), but I don’t have any plans to bust out the old Master System now.

If you think Metroid Prime is hard then don’t even bother with the second one :looney:…

• Megaman X and X4, I get all the way up to Sigma then quit
  • Some RPG’s because I’m too lazy, FF1-6, FFX and X-2, Legend of Dragoon, P2:EP, Xenosaga 2 & 3, Valkyrie Profile 2, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Golden Sun: Lost Age, Rogue Galaxy, Wild Arms 4, Metal Saga, etc
  • Battletoads and Battletoads & Double Dragon
  • [media=youtube]_P38GtTiexM"[/media], the game is great but incredibly difficult
  • Spiderman: Separation Anxiety, I vaguely remember beating it but I did beat Maximum Carnage
  • Jurassic Park on snes and that other one for genesis