DC Animated Universe Thread: Please Return to Us

Ah, the DCAU, 13 years of great animated television.

For those who don’t know, the DCAU is a stable of shows that all inhabit the same universe and actually intertwine with each other. The DCAU consisted of 9 Shows…and 4 movies (all of them Batman interestingly enough). It gave us great TV series, and was so critically acclaimed, a decent amount of DCAU characters actually got transferred over to the comics, most notably Harley Quinn and Terry McGinnis. The shows are as followed…

Batman: The Animated Series
The New Superman/Batman Adventures
Superman: The Animated Series
The New Batman Adventures
Batman Beyond
Static Shock
The Zeta Project
Justice League
Justice League Unlimited

And the movies:
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
Batman & Mr. Freeze: Subzero
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman

Discuss them here, and feel free to participate in the poll to decide which of these shows is the best (not named Batman:TAS because…well come on)

I just watched Hereafter on YT, and fuck man that was such a great episode.

Is the rest of JL / JLU as good?

Static Shock and Justice League Unlimited are tops, but since I can’t vote both I’ll go with JLU it is the superior one out of the two.

I just can’t believe I forgot about the Zeta Project. I was watching Batman Beyond again, saw Zeta and was like (okay…you should look familiar because I watched this before, but not THIS familiar) and I couldn’t place it until yesterday…

JL yes, JLU can be a lot more hit or miss in the beginning but shapes up well during the last season.

Fans of Batman Beyond should check out the two mini-series and current ongoing by DC, picks up after Return of the Joker and is a fantastic run.

Post a link and I’ll add it to the OP.

When I get home sure, Tapatalk isn’t all user friendly.

World’s finest I believe was a two part episode of the new Batman/Superman adventures. Then repackaged together as an hour long movie.

Hey how was Mystery of the Batwoman? I only just saw a trailer for it the other night for the first time…

I watched it, but I don’t remember anything about it, it was so long ago.

Not to great, but isn’t a bad watch. The Catwoman/Batman short before the movie was pretty good though.

@ Saitsu: http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Beyond-Hush-Comics-Paperback/dp/1401229883/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1308342776&sr=1-1

This is the 6-issue mini-series that helped launch the new series, deals with events after Return of the Joker and helps establish things.

The current ongoing doesn’t have an easy to get trade yet, but since 6 issues are out now I expect one to drop in a month or so.

Yea I’ll probably watch it but I hate that is has that New Adventures of Batman art style. It’s hidious.

And holy shit terry got HUGE on that cover lol.

Terry is pretty damn cool in that comic (And yeah he is more tone, but not Bruce big), especially in the new series where he takes on the whole future Justice League and sucker punches Green Lantern…twice.

I met Bruce Timm at Emerald City Comic Con earlier this year and asked him if they’d ever bring the DCAU back - he gave me a very political “we’ll see what happens” - so I’m guessing that’s a “no.” =/

they still havent talked about damien yet right? that was one of the last remaining strings i heard them not talk bout since bb is now canon.

Yeah I don’t think Damien has popped up, I think BB takes place on an alternate world (One of the 52 worlds DC has going), so it’s history diverged a bit. Especially since you know in the original cartoon series Bruce and Talia were intimate but broke it off, and the whole future episode where he got his youth back and…

Spoiler

Talia returns all youthful, offers Bruce a second chance. Turns out Talia is Rhas Al Ghul in her body, and wants Bruce’s newly rejuvenated body as his own.

I just don’t know if they will show Damien or not.

if it takes place in another world…does that still make it canon? thats kinda confusing…i know the writers in interviews have said its part of the batman world now.

lol their not wwe writers…their at least 1 step above that. dc has the decency to at least erase/retcon everything that existed beforehand.

Hmm, you make a good point. Going back through my issue #700 of Batman Damien Wayne takes over as Batman and rescues a baby Terry. Damien then becomes the old man wayne style teaching Terry to be Batman.

So divergent, but inevitably Terry will be in the standard universe barring any changes (Which DC is always static, and when shit is changed to much they reboot as is currently happening). So eh, yes and no.

Hahaha yea Terry’s a boss.

i hope the series last long, im too poor to be paying for issues…need dat tradeback.