Why not? Please have this in the “Strategy Zone.”
Yeah, it’s a really great game. The game is very fast pace, feels realistic in regards to the fighting, the counter-hold risk vs rewards is so fun (probably more fun than focus attacking), and overall it’s a very balanced fighter. I haven’t seen any cheap shots, any broken tiers, or broken glitches that really break the game. There’s one infinite with Mila, but that’ll get patched soon.
On a side note, this is how I feel about this game…
It’s a solid game overall, and it’s like, you can just feel that it’s a great game. When you lose, you actually feel the motivation to step up, train your combos/mixups, and play again and win. When you also lose, you feel this dying desire to keep playing and get better.
You also feel like there’s so much room for improvement, and there’s no time to waste, as you must get ahead and fight to get good. I don’t know, it’s like you have good chemistry with this game, and everything resonates with you. I sure as hell didn’t feel this desire to devote myself when I was playing SFxT…
Also, you’re not complaining about lame fireball spamming, lame divekick pressures, or lame teleports when you had a knockdown on your opponent. No X Factors, no Ultras, no comeback mechanics, none of that. Just pure fighting.
Pretty sick game. Fair, balanced, and nothing to abuse. It’s all up to the fighter, not the character that is being used. So if any of you guys feel something similar to what I said above, then that’s how you know this game is a solid and great game.
Before anybody posts any objections, let me first handle common objections.[details=Spoiler]
- “Oh, DoA5 does not deserve it’s own sub-forum because it’s not a Capcom game.”
- So what? You got Tekken from Namco here, and you got Mortal Kombat from Midway/Netherrealm Studios. Not gonna call you a hater, but please think about what’s fair for certain fans in their respective preferential games.
- “Oh, DoA5 sucks, Tekken Tag 2 is better, so nope we can’t have a sub-forum for DoA5.”
- That’s subjective. DoA5 is actually quite a complex game, and has a lot of potential for being a true fighter. I’m not saying it’s better than Tekken Tag 2, nor am I saying Tekken Tag 2 is better. The point I’m making is that if Tekken has one, then let the growing population of DoA5 have their own sub-forum thread as well.
- “[Common Troll Post] Oh DoA5, lulz, The only fighting game to cater to 14 year old horny nerds!”
Lol, troll detected! Please, if we were to play the game only because of the amazing visuals, then we would not have any people playing to game. Well first of all, are you fucking gay? What’s wrong with sexiness anyway? Those of you who have a problem with DoA5’s beautiful girls, there’s something wrong with you. Perhaps you are having some trouble coming out of the closet?
On top of that, we played the game long enough already. We’re over the sexual appeal, geez, people don’t whack off to Chun-Li for 15 years straight. What’s my point? If you play the game enough, you’re bound to “get over it.” So we don’t play it for the sex appeal, we play it cause it’s a good 3D fighter with lots of potential.
“Common Troll Post] DoA5 will never be as good as Virtua Fighter 5. A wannabe 3D fighter.”- What does that have to do with anything? Read #2 regarding Tekken Tag 2.
“Oh, DoA5 shitty graphics / DoA5 has a lame storyline / DoA5 has cheesy voice actors / DoA5 has cheesy win quotes…”- … That’s it? That’s your best argument why DoA5 doesn’t deserve it’s own sub-forum? What a joke, get out of here son. DoA5 has THE BEST graphics I have ever scene for far for a 3D fighter. It’s got amazing stages and really detailed textures. Wtf you smoking?
- Lame storyline? Well, you act like SSF4 was any better. Seth? Gimme a break, a fighting game is a fighting game, so forget about the story anyway. The people who say DoA5 cannot have it’s own sub-forum because the storyline sucks is silly reasoning. I don’t see them nut-hugging over SSF4’s lame animation storylines. (Or even worse SFxT’s) [/details]
SO WHY DOES DEAD OR ALIVE 5 DESERVE IT’S OWN SUB-FORUM?
The DoA5 players have been asking for it for a while now. And now that we can evaluate that this is a good game, we have observed that this game needs discussions for **character specific matchups, strategies, frame data, combos, DLC news, update news, twitter blog updates from Tecmo, future discussion, bugs, glitches, netcode problems, etc… **I don’t care if we even get placed down below with all the other games like KoFXIII, CvS2, 3rd Strike, just give us a place to build our spot in this awesome melting pot of fighting games forum called SRK.
SO IF YOU’RE WITH ME, LET’S MAKE AN ALLIANCE, LIKE MY POST AND POST YOUR INPUT ON WHY/WHY NOT THIS GAME DESERVES IT’S OWN SUB-FORUM.