Deadpool Movie Thread

Years later and Deadpool is still wack as fuck.

Script writer Rhett Reese says the film’s movie rating is yet to be decided

So yeah…this is really going to happen.

Alright Reynolds, this is finally your shot at redemption. The project you’ve been fighting to greenlight and headline for years. Now go and kill it.

^ Ryan Reynolds is fucking awesome in everything he is in.

PG-13 isn’t a death sentence. Guardians of the Galaxy was PG-13, and had swearing, killing, sexual innuendo’s, and more.

Just means that Deadpool can’t put a severed head on the end of his sword, like in the trailer, at least without some camera tricks. And it means less blood when he gets all stabby stabby.

killing off Deadpool in the comics, too…

lol hadn’t thought about it like that but yeh it seems obvious Marvel killing off these characters is to not give Fox free advertising.

Which is completely irrelevant xD

…the fact the movie is set to start shooting, and Marvel kills off the character, a la Wolverine and the Fantastic Four, is irrelevant…?

Decades of stories for fox to pull from

Most audiences only have watched the movies or cartoons not have read the comics.

Yes casual fan>hardcore fan

In terms of herding consumers

Nvm.

The last two X-Men movies easily demonstrate Fox’s willingness to stretch the rating, but it will still have to be good too. But really who knows at this point.

Okay with this…

*Gina Carano has closed a deal to join Ryan Reynolds in Deadpool, Fox’s action movie based on the wisecracking mercenary Marvel character.

Carano will play a character known as Angel Dust. It is unclear how she fits into the proceedings but in the Marvel comics, the character was part of an underground mutant group known as the Morlocks.

T.J. Miller is set to bring comedic relief to the movie in an undisclosed role. And, fanboy alert: the Russian X-Men character known as Colossus is slated to appear in the movie.*

Apparently they aren’t going to bother with doing an origins story

Deadpool doesn’t need one.

That was a joke.

they need a ‘comic relief character’ in a deadpool movie.

raises red flag

I like TJ Miller though

red flag lowered

But still wary

I still have hope for Gina Carano. I want to see her do things.

I honestly think she could take over action genre if people are willing to invest in her.

the last movie I saw with her in it was Haywire and her acting was not great. Still a lot better than Ronda Rousey though.