[Dec 15, 2011] Windy City Showdown presents Frosty Feastings Holiday Pot Luck (Brookfield, IL)

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=4]Windy City Showdown, Galloping Ghost Arcade, and Medina4Life present:[/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=6]Frosty Feastings Holiday Pot Luck[/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]A Special Christmas Treat[/SIZE]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=4]Thursday, December 15th: OMNOMNOMNOM[/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=4]Galloping Ghost Arcade[/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=4]9415 Ogden Avenue[/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=4]Brookfield, IL 60513[/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=4]708-485-4700[/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=4]www.gallopingghostarcade.com[/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE]

It’s been an amazing year for the Chicago fighting game community. Great old school players have returned, great new players have arisen, and great tournaments and times have been had by all.

To celebrate, on December 15th, Tactics will be turning Galloping Ghost Arcade into the most kick-ass dining establishment in the Chicagoland area. But he and I need your help in order to do it. So while bringing your stick and maybe your system is always appreciated, the most important thing you should bring on this date is FOOD. The holiday pot luck dinner is a Tactics tradition, with people brining homemade meals, along with their desire to body fools. You can bring a traditional American Christmas dish like turkey or ham, or something from your culture, or whatever you favorite food is. Just bring enough to share. And don’t forget the salt.

Doors open at 3:30 pm
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][FONT=Helvetica]General arrival at 6:30 pm[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][FONT=Helvetica]Arcade closes at 2:00 am[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][FONT=Helvetica]Venue fee of $5 at the door[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][FONT=Helvetica]Bring your own controllers, [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS][FONT=Helvetica]systems, games, monitors, cables, AND FOOD (and utensils, plates, napkins, cups, etc.)[/FONT][/FONT]
We’re anxious to try it.

[FONT=Helvetica]Stream provided by Medina4Life: [/FONT][SIZE=4][FONT=Helvetica]www.justin.tv/medina4life[/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][FONT=Helvetica]Questions or comments, contact CurlyW (301 404 0316, maxwaserman@gmail.com) or Tactics (630 433 6979, domingoayala3@gmail.com).[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][FONT=Helvetica]Hope to see everyone there.[/FONT][/FONT]

CHICAGO 2016-2017 Thread: Welcome New Players, check out the Facebook Group page as its more active!

I’m of the opinion we should put our stream under Food and Culinary shit category on a stream site and stream some games to make the foodies out there understand the new meaning of salty.

By popular demand, we will be holding tournaments at this event. The games tournaments will be held in are SSF4 AE v.2012, UMvC3, MK9, and KoFXIII.

AE2012 will be a team tournament. Teams of 2, $15 per team entry.
All other tournaments will be singles. $5 per entry.

In all seriousness though, are we going to have a way to heat things besides the microwave? I’d love to make a pot of meatballs but it’s pretty pointless if they’re cold. I’ll see if I have a thermos or a heater or something to bring with, but I just want to know what the options are.

I’d email/contact Domingo about that since he’s the food guy. Also, he’s the guy with more free time.