[Dec 17, 2011] CHRISTMAS COMBAT III - Arcade Legacy & PowerUp - Cincy, OH -... (Cincinnati, OH)

Arcade Legacy and PowerUp present CHRISTMAS COMBAT III! What better way to celebrate the holidays than with a FREE tournament! FREE VENUE! FREE TOURNAMENT ENTRY! FREE ARCADE GAMES! FREE COOKIES! It’s the one time of year I can give back to all those who support me all year long. The free offer is open to anyone in SRK land. The only thing I ask is that each person bring some sort of sugary delight. Our spread last year was pretty impressive, but I think we can do better this year. Call grandma to bake you up something or just stop in a Meijer bakery and pick up some cookies. Heck, even a box of Cocoa Puffs would get devoured. Gamers aren’t picky when it comes to free food.

As usual we will be having raffles. Two separate raffles to be precise. The $5 per ticket raffle will have some fantastic stuff. Some things I already have confirmed - Brand new CHUN-LI TE stick, Brand new MARVEL VS CAPCOM 2 TE stick, Best Buy gift card, FYE gift card, Arcade Legacy T-shirts and gift certificates, and more! I know it sounds like a lot, but if we reach $1000 in the raffle this year, I will be raffling off a custom made arcade SUPERGUN! There will only be one like it in the world. Also, If you have something to donate or know of a business that may be interested in trading advertising for donations, please send them my way. The second raffle will be a $1 a ticket raffle. The winner will get a FREE VENUE PASS to PowerUp 2012 in April! All the money will go towards pimping out the new location (new arcade games, consoles, tables, couches, PING PONG TABLE, etc). Past raffles have paid for our STREET FIGHTER III: THIRD STRIKE board and the HD Showcase cab so really everyone wins in the end. This years raffle money will be paying for something far more important to anyone who cares about the arcade. So please buy tickets! They will be available starting now so you can spread out paying for them if that helps. You do not need to be in attendance to win, so don’t let that stop you from buying a ticket or 6.

For the free tournaments, there will be a prize to the winner of each game. Those will not be revealed until the winner is crowned EXCEPT to the winner of the IRON MAN competition goes a FREE ENTRY to PowerUp 2012 in addition to the special prize! Now the details:

Date: Saturday, December 17th

Place:
Arcade Legacy
322 W. Crescentville Rd.
Cincinnati, OH 45246

Times: (doors will open at 11am)
1pm - Super Street Fighter IV AE2012 (PS3 with 360 as an option)
2pm - Iron Man Competition (various consoles/arcade)
3pm - NBA Jam 2v2 (arcade)
3pm - People’s Choice King of Fighters XIII (Xbox360)
5pm - Vampire Savior (arcade/Supergun with PS2 ports)
6pm - Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (PS3 and Xbox360)

**RESULTS: **Christmas Combat III results thread 12-17-10

All tournaments are double elimination. I recommend bringing your own controller or arcade stick, but I do have a bunch available for anyone to use for either system.

Iron Man Competition: This year the tournament will be testing your worth across five different genres of gaming. Fighting, racing, puzzle, 80’s arcade classics and mystery. The mystery category will change each round. RULES: Double elimination. Opponents will face each other in a single round of up to 5 games. First to win 3 rounds moves on in the bracket. Grand finals will be an epic first to 10 spanning all genres we can cram in. This will be capped at 32 entrants to be sure we finish. Pre-reg to ensure you are on the bracket.

People’s Choice tournament: Vote in the comments for one of these games. Most voted on by Dec 1st will fill that 3pm time slot - King of Fighters XIII, Mortal Kombat 9, Third Strike, Windjammers or Tekken 6. **EDIT - KOFXIII is the winner!

** PRE-REG**: I would like to encourage pre-registration to the tournaments by offering you a Buy 1 Get 1 free raffle ticket in the PowerUp raffle and buy 5 get 1 free in the mega raffle. You can pre-reg at the arcade in person, over the phone (513-874-8766), or by Paypal. To do paypal you will need to email me at arcadelegacy@yahoo.com to get the details.

**Stream: **www.twitch.tv/arcadelegacy We will be streaming AE, portions of Iron Man Competition, VS and UMvC3

Please bring setups. I rarely have to worry about that anymore as I have a bunch and you guys are all good about bringing stuff, but I always post it up as a reminder.

Bloomington IN Hype in Hoosierville!

This should be tons of fun and I’m very happy to offer the runback on free entry to PU2012 to the Iron Man event champion! Also, get in there on the raffles, people! I will try to be there but no guarantees unfortunatel; I’ll definitely be buying my raffle tickets in the lead up to the event. Imma take all those prizes. That Supergun just sounds too good.

My vote is going to have to be for MK9 on the People’s Choice. Tough call between that and KOFXIII, but MK9 is close to my heart : )

I will make a point of getting my PS3 and games to AL before the event for you, Jesse, if it ends up that I cannot attend.

I hope I’m gonna be able to come, December is our busy time and I’m prob gonna end up working a few Saturday’s. I hope this isn’t one of them.

I vote for kof 13. New game so its gonna need the love.

KoF 13 for game. What system are the TE sticks

I’ll throw my hat in for KoF too. Hopefully my Saturday is open for this, sounds awesome.

I’m down and I vote for KOF as well. Every other game on the ‘People’s Choice’ list has had there moment to shine already.

I vote for 3s as the people’s choice game.

Oh and I’ll be down to run stuff like always. Just let me know where you need me.

Thanks Phil. I will almost definitely be taking you up on your offer.

Just a reminder… this is going to be awesome.

Voting KOFXIII for the people’s choice game!

KOF XIII has easily won the People’s Choice game.

Another reminder. If you buy your raffle tickets in advance and sign up for tournaments, you get extra tickets! It’s buy 1 get 1 free on the PowerUp raffle and Buy 5 get 1 free on the MEGA raffle. I’ve added some cool items to the raffle recently - A Comic Con exclusive UMvC3 T-shirt, Visa gift cards and a PS2 stick. Still more to come before the tournament.

In case you didn’t see, the important thing that the raffle money is going towards is the arcade location! I’ve already obtained a nice handful of new games (including two more showcase cabs), and will be going to an auction next weekend to buy more so this money will help out greatly. It will definitely benefit you guys as there will be even more fighting game cabs and more space to play them in.

Raffle update. If we reach the goal of $1000+ sold, I am adding a brand new 3DS to the raffle! There’s still time to get advance tickets and get the bonus tickets. You can do it in person, online or over the phone. You do not need to be in attendance to win. You can win multiple times, just not two of the big items.

We are already almost a third of the way to the goal! Thanks to everyone who has bought tickets so far. Make me give away that SuperGun and 3DS! I also picked up a couple more prizes today. Looks like we will have at least 12 prizes to give, and probably even more.

I’m so happy that I’ll be able to attend CC!

Double-post:

Jesse, sign me up for SSFIV, UMvC3, KOFXIII, Iron Man, and VS.

Got you down Nathan. I will email you the info to paypal for the raffle tickets.

Hoping it’s not too late…

I’m not going to be able to attend, but I’m pretty sure I’ve got something like $6 in store credit, so go ahead and put that into the raffles (if that can be done) since it’s a need-not-be-present-to-win deal. Looks like it’ll be one ticket each.

Figure the arcade and its players were good to me, so why not send the love back, and if I win a stick, great (yes, if it’s a “pick the prize when you win” and they’re available, preference goes to the Chun TE, then the Marvel TE, PS2 stick after that, and… Best Buy card 4th, after that, surprise me).

I got you in the raffle Mike South

Great times at Christmas Combat! Happy to see everyone : )

GS to Zach for sweating it out and getting the stream up and running. Big thanks to everyone involved in making the stream possible, and I mean absolutely everyone!

See you all next time!

Re-post from our Cinci thread:

Christmas Combat was a merry old time had by all. Thanks for bringing all the treats everyone.

Shoutouts to:
Free Jimmy John’s
John Stockton
Ethan’s vest
Ed winning the SuperGun
Super Jeopardy
KOF matches/ Coolumbus
MVC3 Perfect = Not dead yet mother#@#!(%
Thulius’s Firebrand/Rocket Raccoon set-ups