DeeJay's Place on the Speculation Tierlists

dee-jay

iPlaywinner: C+

Japanese Wiki list: B+

Just DeeJays match-ups

Eventhubs.com Tierlist

I honestly don’t care about tiers. I’m just wondering how you guys feel.
C+ may be a little too low.

B, to B+ seems about accurate. C+ is alittle delusional, perhaps they don’t understand the potential. Then again, its the same group that said Cammy is a B, which is not too far from what I see he as, but to go from D to B seems like a bit of a stretch, when most Cammy players don’t really know how it is she’s been improved.

Deejay on the other hand, reeks of a high tier character. Despite C being middle tier, Deejay’s got alot of things going for him, and very little against him.

His A2A game is legit, and his AA game is solid with one meter, or good timing, Anti-crossup game goes a long way with auto-correct LK jacknife. His biggiest defensive flaw is that his wakeup game is crap.

Offensively, he’s got the tools to do damage up close, from afar, Guile and chun like damage with fireball shenanigans, and a great crossup kick which leads to the vortex. Add a slide, and the fact that he’s got no really bad matchups just slightly losing ones (if even), and you’re looking at the only flaw here is limited damage output (If that even stands on its own.)

This guy is a monster, I said it before the game came out, and after hundreds of matches with him, and a bunch with the rest of the new challengers, he’s a solid 3rd or 4th in the new additions list. If he had a few more advantages against other characters, he’d be more of a threat, but if they have a solid wakeup game then that can really hamper his potential to mix it up and bring it.

He’s decent on wake-up you just got to use you’re up kicks at the right time. Also ex mgu has some invicibility and is unpunishable by alot of the cast. Obviously he’s no wake up dp fadc character but he’s not crap.
On the tiers i think b+, think we might see a st effect though were he slowly rises.

He certainly has good tools: A crossup, a good fireball, a slide, a good anti-air special, decent anti air normals, a couple of good pokes, great Air to Air attacks which is a huge advantage with such a slow fireball (although not as good as an air through), good range on his focus attack, a longe range and quick focus breaker in EX Dreadkicks plus the ability to combo to ultra from anywhere on the screen if you’re good.

Surely he wouldn’t be below middle of the pack.

I’ve always thought his focus attack has a very limited range. He swings back and barely moves forward when he attacks.

I agree with this. It looks like it should have more range than it does, but it’s actually pretty stubby.

The true strength of Dee Jay’s focus is in how quickly it charges to level two.

But yeah, the range is pretty horrid.

Oh, and as for his tier I think you’d have to be delusional to think he is anything less than mid to upper.

What I REALLY like about Dee Jay though is his potential to take on the entire cast. I honestly feel like
there is a single fight that is stacked heavily against him (yet). If it remains this way, Dee Jay is going
to be a great character to bring to tournies.

…and he’s indefinitely cooler than Guile.

:wink:

Oh, and as for his tier I think you’d have to be delusional to think he is anything less than mid to upper.

What I REALLY like about Dee Jay though is his potential to take on the entire cast. I honestly feel like
there is a single fight that is stacked heavily against him (yet). If it remains this way, Dee Jay is going
to be a great character to bring to tournies.

…and he’s indefinitely cooler than Guile.

:wink:

well akuma is pretty bad for deejay - teleport shuts down the vortex

True, Akuma is harder than most. Dhalsim is also a bit of a pain.

Having said that, I still don’t see either match-up as being particularly bad.

On a side note, your avatar is the bomb.

Refering to the frame data, the startup of his focus attack level 2 is 29, like most of the characters. Maybe i don’t read the good number, but it seems his level 2 is not so good.

double post

It seems to me that Akuma can play keep away with Deejay all damn day annd like Apolon81 says he can slip right out of the mini-vortex with a teleport.

You can’t win the fireball war either. I might be missing something but from my limited experience with this game so far Akuma feels like a tough match for Deejay, because you have to constantly chase him down.

At least EX Upkicks is handy at knocking a big chunk of life off of him if he tries getting too aggressive.

i think i loved about DeeJay is his ability to take on the whole cast.

He has tools to fight against any character.

I feel like when i lose its my fault because he has an answer to most situations. (no 3 frame reversal looks at ryu)

He is the Ryu of the charge characters.

I also void the iPlaywinner tier list because Justin Wong helped with it. He makes his own tierlist all the time :lol:

Remember he was trying to convince people the Rufus has the advantage over Gief :nono:

True enough, but once you do get to him and cause some damage you can beat him at his own game. You may not be able to win a fireball war, but why even try? Slide underneath, or EX Sobat right through. After pegging them a couple of times with that most Akuma are a bit weary about spamming shakunetsus.

I don’t think it’s too bad a match-up.

Agreed. You probably shouldn’t be using vortex against someone with a strong DP like Akuma anyway. I don’t think its so much as the matchup is tough, rather the matchup forces you to play the game at Akumas pace, or eat a lot of stupid shit.

I think C+ is accurate because he doesn’t have any wake up game, no reliable reversals, or escape options when you’re being pressured. His zone game is sorta iffy for me personally. I have to learn more I suppose. I also notice all his ex moves get stuffed by regular moves, except EX up kicks. Right now seems like DeeJay is at his best once he’s in control and can do ambiguous cross up games w/ people. If he’s on the receiving end, he can get hurt badly. Gonna watch some videos and see how to zone w/ him better.

Regardless of what letter grade they say he is right now, several of the matchups they have listed are innaccurate and some of them are just obviously wrong imo. They’ve got Dee Jay vs. T. Hawk a 5 - 5 matchup which is laughable at best (Blanka has a 7 - 3 matchup with him according to the list and the matchup with Dee Jay is pretty similar).

They say Honda vs. Dee Jay is also 5 - 5 even though Dee Jay has tools to stop just about anything Honda does. Some things also don’t make sense imo like how Fei Long has a better matchup against Akuma than Dee Jay - I find that Dee Jay has a lot of tools to deal with Akuma and the fact that he can slide towards him safely underneath fireball spam really helps, also if Akuma gets cornered he’s in serious trouble so long as you don’t let him out by letting him safely teleport out.

I’ve no earthly idea why Juri vs. Dee Jay is supposed to be in her favor. Granted I haven’t played against any world class Juri’s yet or anything but the 4 - 6 matchup rating confuses me.

Adon does not have a 6 - 4 advantage over Dee Jay and I don’t know why they think he does. It’s an even match imo.

I actually think Dee Jay has a slight advantage over Gouken and I don’t think Rufus has a 6 - 4 advantage over Dee Jay either, I think that one is 5 - 5.

It’s these things that are pushing him down this makeshift tier list.