Denjin Arcade 3s and SF4 Ranbats Season 1 start 3/28!

Beginning 3/28, Denjin Arcade will be hosting Ranking Battles for SF4, and 3s. Both games will be…

Singles
Double Elimination
$5 Entry

Top 8 of each tournament will be recorded on direct feed

Prizes? (IMPORTANT)

This Ranking Battle season will also be a fundraiser to sponsor the winners of SBO qualifiers for SF4 and 3s which will be hosted at Denjin Arcade this summer. That means we’ll be holding onto all entrance fees until the end of the season, and use part of that money to buy the winners a prize, with the rest being used for SBO winners plane tickets. SBO is the most prestigious fighting game tournament in the world, so we want to do all we can to support the best in our country when they represent us in Japan.

Ranbat Schedule*
(Expect a thread to pop up with specific details on each individual tournament as they draw closer)

Denjin Arcade Ranbat Season 1 Warm up - 3-21-2008

Denjin Arcade Ranbat 1.1 - 3-28-2009

Denjin Arcade Ranbat 1.2 - 4-11-2009

Denjin Arcade Ranbat 1.3 - 4-26-2009

Denjin Arcade Ranbat 1.4 - 5-9-2009

Denjin Arcade Ranbat 1.5 - 5-24-2009

Denjin Arcade Ranbat 1.6 - 6-6-2009

*Schedule is subject to change

Other Games
I know a lot of other games get decent traffic at Denjin, but the only games Bagrat wants to endorse are the games we have SBO spots for. You can probably run BB or whatever else at the same time, but we’ll only be managing SF4 and 3s.

Denjin Arcade is located at:
995 East Los Angeles Ave
Simi Valley, CA 93063

Any other questions, comments, or suggestions can be posted in this thread, or pm me.

everything sounds good, i cant wait. seriously its a shitty time to be broke but ill definitely be there :tup:

fuck yes

I’m planning on continuing to run $1 tournaments for BlazBlue on most of not all of those ranbat weekends. If demand increases, I can up the entry fee some and/or make them double elimination, but for now they will stay $1 3/5 rounds single elim. Depending on the tournament, 2/3 games as well. I wish there was a way to get an SBO spot for BlazBlue as well =/.

Once individual tournament threads pop up, I’ll make a post in them re:BlazBlue.

i will be hosting HD Remix Tournaments on those dates as well to prepare people for Evo this year if i get enough shows i would gladly make them RanBats as well :slight_smile:

And YES!!! I love you pherai, and shogo and bagrat!!! woot SBO!!! k im done

Peace!!!

I <3 Denjin arcade

will probably come to these, :>

GG ranbats?

a thought =/

I’M ALL FOR THIS.

don’t mean to stir up any bad feelings but i’m just wondering what everyone’s thoughts are on the fundraiser? like it/dislike it?

this is the best option imo. the more we can help the players who qualify for sbo get out there, the better. everyone GO! support and help everyone get to sbo and go for denjin’s ranbats plus im there :stuck_out_tongue:

Let me try to end this debate with 1 post. Of course if this isn’t enough, then I will continue to phantom your dull unintelligent minds.

Ok so they call this Ranking Battle SEASON. Not Ranking Battle Weekly.

If it’s a season, then shouldn’t the full reward go to the 1 true winner? The person who has the highest standings at the end of the year?

I mean… they have 1 NBA champion, 1 Superbowl Champion, 1 NCAA Marchness Champion every season, I don’t see why this shouldn’t be done the same way.

Besides, Denjin doesn’t do this to try to keep all the money for themselves and fuck the community over. Obviously this decision wasn’t made by Denjin alone, to tell you the truth, I’m the main reason behind this reasoning. I love Denjin, I like going there, I like the owner, and I like what he does for the community. SBO has 5 spots, which means 5 tickets. If you expect the owner to pay for all 5 tickets ($5000), can you just go to a pawn shop, pawn your fucking family jewels and shoot yourself in the head. Donating 50% of the entry fees is not bad, but 100% would make such a bigger difference. Plus it would also result in a nice prize, I’m not saying some bullshit, a really nice prize like a Madcatz TE stick or a PS3 depending on how many people show up.

Besides, the same players that are capable of winning the weekly payouts, will be the same players at the top of the standings come the end of the season. Those are the same players that will have a legitimate chance to play for a SBO spot as wel. So in the end, this is for those who have a real chance at making it to SBO and also for those others to get experience playing in a season of Street Fighter, you rookies.

Anyone else after reading this still have a problem with not having a 50% payout for the ranbats? Besides… when did we play this game for the money? We play Street Fighter because we love the competition, we have our pride and the excitement of winning.

Gootecks once said, “If I’m gonna have to go to Denjin to earn my spot, then everyone else has to go to Denjin to earn their spot.” So… yeah it is a far drive, but if the hardest working man in SF goes, then why shouldn’t you all go? Guy didn’t earn his fame sitting on the couch eating potater chips.

-Former 1 time defending 3rd Strike Ranking Battle Champ

I can’t make the warm up. GF’s bday trumps all T_T

Aw yeah, always down to hit up Denjin. :slight_smile:

Go! GO! GO!!!

sounds cool, I was interested in AI bi-weeklys but Denjin is closer and cooler ^_^b

but I look forward to the announcement of sign-up and start times…

I liked the AI tournaments coz they said they were gonna start at ~1PM, and even tho Denjin is closer I would still be doing a 70 mile drive.

Couldn’t agree more. If I really wanted $60 from winning a SF tourney, I’d get a job.

this

I’ll be there for HD remix. Chances are SweetJV will head out with me too.

Just BRING IT…

Consider it BROUGHT :woot: