[Denton, TX] 4/17 - UNT Campus - "Smash and Fight: Round 1"

**Street Fighter 4 and Smash Brothers Brawl Tournament at the UNT Campus Union - 1’O Clock Lounge **

• brought to you by Universal Gamerz featuring Monster Energy Drink

Where - University of North Texas Student Union - 1 O’Clock Lounge
When - 4/17/09 April 17th, 2009 (Friday)
Time - 6:00-10:00, Set up 5:30-6:00
What - SF 4 Console Singles Tournament X-Box 360 & Nintendo Wii Brawl
Parking - You can park after 6 pm in the residential parking spots near the union, map coming soon
Prize - 60/30/10 split. Pot will be converted to visa giftcards - we can’t give out cash on campus.

For the tournament you will have to bring your own stick/controller.

Street Fighter Rules:

Double Elimination
Random Stage
Loser can change character. Winner must keep pick
Each game is best of 3, 99 seconds.
2/3 first rounds, 3/5 finals

Brawl Rules:
3 Stock
5 minute timer
Items are set to “off” and "none"
All sets with the possible exception of winner’s finals, loser’s finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any “finals” matches)
In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
Metaknight’s Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you’re using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
  2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
  3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
  4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
  5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match’s stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
  6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
  7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
  8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
    *Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokmon Stadium 1

Counter
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Corneria
Delfino
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Green Hill Zone
Jungle Japes
Luigi’s Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokmon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi’s Island (Pipes)
Green Greens

Banned
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Flat Zone 2
Green Greens
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mario Circuit
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Onett
Port Town Aero Dive
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Skyworld
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware

Arg. I’m already going to the Arcade UFO tournament, but I know some people up in Denton. I’m not sure if I would be willing to make the 3 hour drive from Austin, but I am curious to how often there would be events like this at UNT.

bah… i don’t have 360 arcade stick. have a ps2 and ps3/pc stick, but no 360 stick.

If this was on PS3 I’d actually go lol.

Yea unfortunately, all of us supplying consoles don’t have ps3’s :frowning:

I’ll supply mine…and I live in Corinth…

What about some SNK games?

Ill let you know. Have to talk to the other tournament organizers.

Keep me posted…

I may just enter anyways to test out my YUN I mean Rufus…lol.

-DG

Brawl rules finally added. parking info to come.

Still trying to find if we have an extra TV to spot a PS3.

hmm wouldnt mind showin up to this

i’ll definately be there unless i forget

sticks came in stock at gamestop so i may be able to play SFIV after all :slight_smile:

I can bring my TV and PS3.

Hey Geese are you going to the austin tournament ?

I never heard back from Poonage about the details so I assume no.

-DG

This sounds amazing. I’m gonna try and make this.

Ok, sorry for my abscence, I’ve had some medical problems lately. But final details:

Geese - If you still wanted to come, you can bring your PS3 setup, however, I dont know how many people will be able to play you on it. Its being advertised as a 360 tournament so I dont know how many people would come prepared for both situations.

Also, parking wise - people will be on their own, you can park in the the residential areas after 6pm - gaurunteed without someone coming. I’ve been informed by some people that after 5 is good as well, but thats still up in the air. Just know - Residential parking spots are the safest bet. Theres a residential lot on the corner of Ave C and Eagle Drive that is pretty empty and only a 3 min walk to the union.

Also a rule change - SF games will be best of 3 rounds unless there is a huge outcry, we have to make sure we end on time.

ALSO, if I didnt mention this already, Monster will be on the scene giving away stuff, and we have a bunch of extra stuff to just give away to people.

So thats about it, if there are anymore questions please PM me or reply here.

I’m sure most people overall would be prepared for a PS3 tournament though overall. So the sooner we make the announcement I’m sure overall the more people could prepare in advance. Count me in, I’ll be there. *I’ll bring SF4 on PS3 and a PS3 *so if people wanna play SF4 on PS3 then we can make this happen.

So everyone: If you prefer to play on PS3 bring your PS3 controllers for SF4.

I’ll even record footage of the tournament for you funkpanda and put it on youtube.

-DG

DG! Been forever since I’ve last seen you. You probably don’t recognize the tag but it’s Damien. Last time I saw you was at Afest a loooong time ago.

Oh yeah I know who you are now lol. Will you be at this tournament???