Differences between US & JPN HRAPs

This is the US one:

http://www.toddterwilliger.com/images/2009/20090225/hrap_small.jpg

This is the Japanese one (the one I have)

http://kowal.itcom.pl/foto/asHRAPEX-01.jpg

The obvious difference is the button layout which I only just noticed, and I’ve been searching around, to no avail, to see if there were any other differences. Does anyone know if there are any substantial differences between the 2 versions? e.g the stick type?

besides the button layout ?
the price …
and im not sure if the japanese version has an english manual … but i think it has and if not it doesnt really matter …

I don’t really detect a difference between US and Japanese HRAP’s. They’re basically the same thing. Minor color differences yeah, but it’d be too expensive and just not worth it to change everything else.

What I have noticed changing are the arrangements of the buttons between the earlier HRAP 2’s and later series in the run like the HRAP 2 SA whose button layout is used on all HRAP 3’s as far as I know. License sticks like the Tekken 5 and Arcana series use the earlier button layout but unlike real HRAP (license sticks only use the base and power cords; insides and most button/stick components are different) have the buttons soldered into the PCB board.

I can deal with either layout personally. Not a big deal to me.

What I DIDN’T like was the changing of the screws from ones you could externally remove with a hex tool to a new screw (T5 / HARP 3-style) that forced you to remove the stick base first before you can remove the hex nuts from the new-style screws. While it’s not difficult to remove a T5 stick base it’s less convenient that getting automatic access to the pushbuttons’ undersides via the faceplate the way you can on a HARP 2 SA for iinstance.

Whats the differences in the button layout? They both use the blast city layout.

He means the location of each of the buttons, as in the red or green button isn’t in the same hole…

B X Y LB
A LT RT RB
for the us one

and this for the jp one
LT X Y LB
RT A B RB

It is not a regional change. It’s more of a version change.

Microsoft of Japan forced the change from their original layout of:

LT X Y LB
RT A B RB

To the one that everyone sees now. Specific button layouts such as the one above are reserved for game licensed sticks.

SO close to the SNK layout.