Digital Ops Monlthy #2 - February 22nd - Ann Arbor, Michigan

IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!
The date for this event is now February 22nd, because the Gamestop tournament’s first round is on the 21st.
Also, I’ve added a random teams 2v2 for Street Fighter 4 (good idea KOH).

#1 was sweet, let’s make this one twice as good!

Date
February 22nd, 2009
That’s the first Sunday after Street Fighter 4 comes out on console. Good, right?

Place
Digital Ops
525 E Liberty St.
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
www.digitalops.com

Ops is a LAN center. It’s in a basement, and the entrance from the street is just a door. Look carefully and you’ll find it, there’s a sign.

You can find parking in a structure on Maynard street, less than a block away from the store. If you’re standing in front of ops you can see the parking structure straight ahead.

If that’s full up, the Downtown Library’s parking lot is also very close by. It has entrances on Division and on 5th. Just drive west from Ops and turn left on 5th, and you’ll see it on your left.

Parking is now free, cause it’s Sunday :smiley:

Featured Games
Street Fighter 4 ()
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom (Wii, but I have adapters for PS2 controllers)
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix (
)
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core (PS2)
Soul Calibur 4 (360)
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike (PS2)
Capcom vs. SNK 2 (PS2)

PLUS - A random teams 2v2 for SF4 ($5 per person)

If people bring their own setups we can also have
Tekken 5 DR
Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Free Side Tournament
Battle Fantasia

Schedule
12:00 noon - Registration starts.
1:00 - Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Street Fighter 3, Street Fighter 2 HD and SF4 teams.
4:00 - Food break.
5:00 - Street Fighter 4, Guilty Gear, Capcom vs. SNK 2 and Soul Calibur 4.

Rules and CASH
No game freezing glitches. No button macros. No turbo. No pausing.

There is a $5 venue fee that goes to the store. After that, each tournament costs $10 to enter, and that money goes directly into the tournament’s prize pool. For the team tournament it costs $5 per person to enter. Top team splits 70, second team splits 20 and third splits 10.

If a tournament has 6 or less players it will be round robin format. 2nd place gets their entry fee back, and first gets the rest.

If a tournament has 7 or more it will be double elimination, and the prizes will be split 70/20/10.

The top four players in TvC and HDR from last tournament will be seeded for this one. Other than that it’s random seeding, but I’ll try to keep you from playing your friends in early rounds.

Other Stuff
If you can bring a set up contact me and you may get your venue fee waived.

Ops sells drinks, and there’s several food spots within close walking distance, including Potbelly’s, Jimmy John’s, Noodles and Co. and NYPD.

Preregistration
If you’re planning on attending, please post and let me know what games you’re gonna play. If someone comes to this thread and sees a bunch of people signed up they’ll be more likely to show up, so PREREGISTER.

Street Fighter 4
AaronS
Juan (SATISFACTION!!!)
Grego
-=KOH=-
Person-Man
Ubersaurus
ladymachine
uber_johnson
fire chocobo
SamuraiPanda
Sanjuro_The_Ronin
xhydralisk

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
AaronS
Juan (SATISFACTION!!!)
Grego
-=KOH=-
Ubersaurus
ladymachine
uber_johnson
SamuraiPanda
xhydralisk

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix
Jae Purvis (ShinRyuX)
Grego
Person-Man
Ubersaurus
ladymachine
Juan (SATISFACTION!!!)
Sanjuro_The_Ronin

Soul Calibur 4
Person-Man
uber_johnson

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core
AaronS
Person-Man
-=KOH=-
xhydralisk

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
Juan (SATISFACTION!!!)
Jae Purvis (ShinRyuX)
Grego
-=KOH=-
Person-Man
uber_johnson
fire chocobo

Capcom vs. SNK 2
Jae Purvis (ShinRyuX)
Grego
ladymachine
xhydralisk

Battle Fantasia
AaronS
SamuraiPanda

Juan (This is not VDO) sign me up 4-TvC, 3s, SF4.

Jae Purvis

MvC2, STHD, 3S, CvS2

Oh shit its Jae, what up! Pre-reg me up some STHD CVS2 3S TVC and SF4, also play sf4 and sthd on ps3, ill bring mine again.

Shit Nah! Shin Ryu coming? I’m so there…

Sign me up, KOH for , 3s , TVC and sf4.

I also agree, sf4 and sthd must be played on ps3, its easier to acess for everyone.

You guys are added.

I’m so ready for SF4, looks fun.

Sign me up for runnin’ bustos#@!$#$

Sign me up for SF4, ST HD, GGXX AC, SC4 and 3S.

I’ll be sure to come thsi time. I’m hyyyyped.

I have no idea what you just said >.<

done. no TVC?

never played it before. It looks amazing, but no way I’m putting down money on a game you guys had plently practice in vs my none.

Hopefully I’ll get some casuals in.

If you live in Ann Arbor I’m down to play some casuals any time before the tourney.

Harm, I live in Milan, a lil town just off of Ann Arbor, so MAYBE

I might be able to get down there one of these days and play some games

Are there any character bans for SF4, or is everyone on the table? Obviously since the game isn’t out yet (And only will be for like half a week when the tourney happens), no one really knows how any of the console characters stack up.

I’d prefer if everyone is out there (though I guess that depends on unlocking requirements) but that’s just me.

All characters are allowed.

Is Seth playable?

Yeah, the videos over in the SF4 forum imply that he takes damage worse than Akuma, though, so no idea whether or not he’s broke as hell.

Provided the weather isn’t total ass I’m down for sf4, tvc, and hd remix. Preferably xbox where applicable, since I got an SF4 stick coming and it seems unlikely I’d be able to get it dual modded in 5 days.

Also, Money Match time: Me vs AVX, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 on DS!

Gotcha. I kinda want xbox as well, for the same exact reason :confused:

I could soldier through on PS3 though :stuck_out_tongue:

Yo, this is tupac/avx. Put me down as Fat slap for: tvc, cvs2, remix, and sf4 <3

Want to run that money match in tvc back AaronS? :wink:

Please can we stop talking about 360, nobody has a stick for that piece of crap or adapters, and everyone has one for ps3. End of discussion please and thank you.

Or anyone want money match in whatever? a2, a3, remix, hf, tvc, cvs2, umk3. mk2??? Person man, I know you want this mm in alpha2 finally. =P