Disable Dualshock 3 analog stick?

I’m currently stuck with a Dualshock 3, and I only use the D-pad because the analog stick is so awkward. I recently found out that my thumb brushes the stick a lot, screwing with my inputs. Is there a way to disable the analog stick temporarily? Even better would be an option to turn off analog controls entirely.

It’s possible, sure, but would require some serious pad hackery. (Two resistors for sure, and like a DPDT switch mounted on the case if you wanted it to be temporary.) It wouldn’t be easy. I would suggest you take a look into getting a MadCatz fightpad instead.

Ah, that’s what I figured. Thanks. It would be nice if more games included an option to read only dpad inputs.

Tape fixes all. Haha. But a madcatz fightpad will probably be worth the money spent. And it’s a ton of fun for DL games like megaman 9 and 10, and gunstar heros feels like playing on a genesis. The glory days. Haha.

Yeah the fightpad looks great. It’s a lot cheaper than a stick, too.

On a related note, I’ve actually started playing with the analog stick after picking up Gief, and it’s much easier to do those full circles, but the stick is giving me trouble with SRK motions to the left.

Instead of being 414:lp: or 421:lp:, it tends to come out as 414 4:lp: or 421 1:lp: and drops the motion, just giving me lp or cr.lp. Is that a hardware problem or am I missing a trick?