Do you listen to music while playing?

<font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>Simple thread,</span></font><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><br></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>I am curious to know how many people like to play music while playing SF4 [or any 2d fighter (3d players feel free to comment but i don’t play them :/)]</span></font></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”><br></span></font></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>Please leave a quick response to enlighten me in you scenario</span></font></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>Example questions to answer:</span></font></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>Do you play with headphones [headkrones?] in your ears.</span></font></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>Do you practice with music.</span></font></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>Do you go to tourneys with music.</span></font></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>Do you use headphones or speakers at home.</span></font></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>At tourneys do you use headphones plugged in to the setup or do you ipod it.</span></font></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>etc</span></font></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”><br></span></font></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>I am honestly just curious how everyone rocks their audio :confused: [i would add a poll if i knew how]</span></font></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”><br></span></font></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>Hope this isnt to dumb of a thread lol</span></font></div>

I use headphones for all my gaming (high quality Bose ones too as I’m a bit of an audiophile). If I’m in training mode I play with music but matches I usually don’t sometimes I do though. I like to have audio cues though, especially against certain characters like Adon. I don’t go to tournies (there IS a scene here I’m sure, living in San Jose, but I don’t have a car and frankly I’m pretty much more of a training mode fanatic. I’m more interested in picking apart matches or finding new tech to share with better players than myself than in actually competing.) <br><br>Also my taste in music varies widely and while I doubt I’m THE most eclectic musically here I’d bet I’m in the top 1%. <br><br>http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh37513073295276709&shareImp=true <br><br>My pandora station has over 500 artists full discography seeded (I actually got an email from them “suggesting” I split it up and use their “shuffle” system as the system wasn’t designed for that many seeds lol) been using Pandora since 2006 and having everything from Alice Cooper to The Zombies. From Bach (classical) to Sebatian Bach (80s hair metal). From KRS-1 to Kiss. Aphex Twin to Frank Sinatra. <br>

Sometimes I’ll have my cd player on, not in headphones, however.  It’s not consistent or anything, just whenever ever i feel like it.  Usually Coheed or Tad or something.

i listen to alizee (atkuko ku’o and de lolita) …when i take against abel,
or i listen to daddy yankee (gasolina) and shakira (rabiosa) when i play elfuerte…

<font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2” style=“font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>Gonna say i mix playing with music but i watched this…</span></font><div>[details=Spoiler]</div><div><div style=“font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-478QGV9pc</span></font><br></div><div style=“font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>[/details]</span></font></div><div style=“font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”><br></span></font></div><div style=“font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>now that instrumental is what i listen to from time to time</span></font></div><div style=“font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”><br></span></font></div><div style=“font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>Play that shit from start at the start of every ranked game as of today lol. Success/hype has been good :O</span></font></div><div style=“font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”><br></span></font></div><div style=“font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>Shit if i played M tyson… “cough” M Bison id prolly change my name to iron mike lol. Been a while since i watched him but what a fucking monster. if only he was in his prime during UFC popularity Dos Santos aint got shit on mike (and dos santos was my fav heavyweight with mir :/)</span></font></div><div style=“font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”><br></span></font></div><div style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”><font size=“2”>I guess spoiler tags are f’ed?</font></div></div>

I don’t like losing the sound effects and while the consoles make playing music easy, on PC it’s annoying to go into the settings and shut off the music when you feel like it.<br>

I’m a freak in that I play on mute always. The silence helps me think.

I don’t bother going to the trouble of putting on alternate music. It’s not like I can’t go on without putting on a playlist I like. I just want to play the game and as such, I only listen to the game’s soundtrack which I’m perfectly comfortable with.<br>

Online, I play with the console muted, and my computer playing any artist or musician that doesn’t induce anxiety… Usually pretty upbeat or entrancing music.<div><br></div><div>Local, I don’t use headphones, I will converse with players and listen to the in-game audio.</div>

It depends. Sometimes I think I need to get into the zone and I’ll have music on. Then other times I tell myself that I’m only good when I can hear the game…it really depends on the character I guess.<br><br>For example, when I use Sagat, I know when to shoot my next tiger shot based on the sound effect.<br>

one thing i like is after playing with no sounds and only music i have a much better visual ques for my combos<div><br></div><div>What i mean is the audio que, visual que and muscle memory my visual ques are a thousand times better</div>

I’ll sometimes play other music through my PS3 while the game is on, so I get the benefit of having music I like and still get the audio cues. I do like the ST to the game, though I HATE Rufus’s theme. WOOPAH

I listened to Macklemore’s “The Heist” album while playing MVC2. It was dope.

Noo…how I want to hear every note and beat of the awesome SF4 soundtrack! Oh wait…that was SF2. Actually, though I like hearing the sound effects, it helps.

I play with the game entirely mute. When I do let the sound on, I turn off the music. Fight effects only.

2 years of listening to the Ranked Match waiting music is a little too much.

…I listen to Pretty Ricky while I am making love and while I am playing SF4!