the bottom right two buttons on my DOA4 STick don’t work when I plug it into the computer, even though they seem to respond in XPadder. Anyone have any suggestions?
Use joy2key. When I used xpadder, it happened to me too.
Ah ok, thanks a lot!
Sorry for the double post, but I can’t for the life of me find a non-linux version that makes any sense. I think I found an earlier Joy2Key that actually worked, but then…when I set it up, it didn’t work. Very frustrating.
Here is the link to the English version:
My cousin had the same problem too. It’s probably because you installed the official driver (that thing is a pain…). But anyways if you get the chance/want better functionality, try to install XBCD 360 over it.
Link here: http://xbcd360guide.50webs.com/
It’s a much better driver and you won’t need Joy2Key or Xpadder…
^ That link should work.
Anyways, how I set my joy2key up was to:
- Open it up and make a new setting.
- Go to “others” instead of “joysticks”.
- Check the “Use POV switches” box.
- Go back to “joysticks”.
- Here I set the WASD input for the POV inputs, not the normal inputs. So I put “W” for “POV1:UP” and so on.
- Go to control panel, go to game controllers or something. And check the properties of it. It’ll show which button is what when you click on the doa controller. I “think” Button 1=A, Button 2=B, Button 3=X, Button 4=Y. The two bottom right buttons though are 9 and 10.
- Considering if you are using mame and your button set up for b1-b6 is uio=b1-b3 and jkl=b4-b6, then just set up the buttons that way. If Button 1(on your computer)=A then A=J(B4=Low Kick). It’s a bit complicated, if you got aim, I’m on alot.