Dragon Ball FighterZ: Legendary Saiyans Edition

Hold down foward to call an assist while dashing.

I know its not a big deal

but i wish piccolo fought with the cape and turban on, they are dope.

Yeah, not only is it better in terms of dynamic aesthetic, but it’s a missed opportunity for an install.

In fact, installs have generally been whiffed across the board with this game for some reason (other than the obvious Blue variations being vectors for money grabbing).

I’m hoping that in the new version they consolidate a lot of the characters and make installs a bigger thing.

Yeah, they probably don’t want installs because they don’t want “safe” dhc’s
Though doesn’t frieze have an install?

So does Adult Gohan.

Thank-fucking-God, my bitching has been answered by someone. I’m spamming this shit everywhere.

Fucking hitstun decay. I just thought I had the sickest combo figured out and then the fucker just techs out of my combo.
FeelsBadMan

I’m actually pretty glad ASW didn’t flood the game with dozens of Saiyan install power-ups. Letting that stuff mostly just be cinematic effects during supers was a pretty elegant way to include them.

Golden Frieza and Mystic Gohan are installs that only have to be implemented on single characters, and they don’t have to affect character balancing as much as going through all the Saiyan installs would require.

What do you guys make of this:

Theres no better point than cell rn. Also vegeta is a good assist but considering how long cooldowns are, vegeta should probably be second, with a good anti air last. AAAs will only becom more important as the meta evolves

“Good AA assist” in this game?
I mean there are some situationally useful ones, but in all honesty the overall best AA assist might actually be Vegeta’s, just because of the angle and area it covers, and how easy it is to convert from when it hits.

Is vegeta assist really that good even if it allows you to cancel the blockstun into a reflect thus ruining alot of block strings?

Can’t you bait that and punish the reflect? If so you still create a 50/50 situation, which is good. Also Vegeta’s assist seems to be the best shit in the whole game to extend combos.

Absolutely agree that Cell is a top tier point character. Dude has amazing blockstring pressure, great oki after his combos, incredible corner carry and damage plus a meterless teleport.

He has practically little to no weaknesses.

If SRK did shut down I’d be there but ill be here for now.

I would argue yamchas is better to extend combos since it keeps them grounded. as far as baiting the reflect i would imagine that it would be reactable for the defender. If the attacker goes to continue the blockstring you can reaction reflect. if they delay the block string so that there is a gap then reflect will still catch anything for 20 frames after start up, if they do nothing to bait the reflect then you can mash buttons to get momentum.

even if your opponent tries to bait the reflect by doing nothing or continue the blockstring that leaves vanish as a viable escape option. on blockstring nothing comes out and if the attackers does nothing to bait it out vanish iis plus on a grounded oppoenent

Perfect…

Cell is an all around great point character, but there are a few characters who can’t be far behind him in that regard, and 16 is arguably even better.

I don’t think a player would be able to react to the 50/50 of an IAD jL or an empty IAD. If you’re set that followup reflect will beat an attack I’d just empty jump or delay button or throw.

In any case his assist has way too much utility to be invalidate by one thing, there’s still the defensive applications that it also excels in way more than any other assist right now.

I didn’t mean to imply that everything capable of being placed in that context should be. I like the fact that Goku’s SS3 transformation is regulated to a level 3 Super, for example. They should have just consolidated the cast more. Regular-fucking Goku and Vegeta and Blue Goku and Vegeta in the same game is just stupid.

I’d rather start with a base-Saiyan (i.e. Goku), their SS2 be an easily obtainable 1 bar transformation (and, of course, not inherently overall better than the base-saiyan form, gameplay-wise, so that the player is not essentially forced to just start each match with 0 bar because they’re playing a saiyan) and other transformations be level 3 (like Blue) or part of specific special/hyper animations.