Dreamcast VGA adapter

Is there a difference between the models? The one I have has never worked reliably, I used to have to jiggle it or connect/disconnect it a few times to get it to work, and now it doesn’t work at all on my new TV. I was wondering if maybe getting a different model/version might work a little better.

The one I have is more like an actual cable, it’s got a small plastic piece in the middle that has an audio out jack, but it’s not a box like this one is.http://cgi.ebay.com/SEGA-DREAMCAST-PC-MONITOR-VGA-BOX-S-VIDEO-AUDIO-OUT_W0QQitemZ400027669782QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Accessories?hash=item400027669782&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1234|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

If anyone has any input, it would be greatly appreciated. I’d really really like to be able to get at dat mahvel with the superior picture and lag free justice that dc vga provides.

Went and dug mine out of storage for you sir.

I’ve got a Naki box style adapter that is definitely lagless. I played some third strike on it for a while and didn’t see any screwiness. I’ve only owned this one so I can’t give you a run down of what else there is.

Do you use it on a pc monitor, or have you tried using it on an hdtv? and also, did you get that magic box yet? = P

Jester, was going to start a thread on just the very subject. After a couple days of snooping around I have heard good things from racketboy and plan on getting their VGA cable…they are sold out of their VGA Box but don’t plan on using S video, I want to get a VGA cord to my TV.

Plan on having people over this weekend for some Marvel, and after looking at the game with composite cables…I started my search.

Just my monitor. I have a 40’’ SDTV and can’t bring myself to upgrading. I’d wait for some more people to chime in because that definitely seems like the way to go with the Dreamcast and HDTV.

Still waiting on the Magic Box. No worries; it will probably come in the next couple of days. There’s already a guy in your thread trying to buy it off of me.

Verylaz, what kind of tv do you have? I just bought a samsung lcd hdtv and was kinda sad when my cable didn’t work. The vga port on my tv works fine though, I just hooked up my PC to it today and watched rocknrolla, which is fantastic btw, so i’m thinking it’s just my cheap shitty cable. I just don’t want to shell out 30 bucks for a new one if it’s not going to work.

I’m almost positive the racketboy cable is what i’m using now.

Samsung DLP HL61A750

The part that you had to jiggle…was in the connection to the Dreamcast…I have heard that it isn’t an exact fit…and not sure if it was with the VGA Cable, or Box.

We may be better of getting one of those VGA Boxes on ebay, or wait to see if racketboy will stock the VGA boxes in again…

The connection to the dreamcast is what doesn’t fit snugly. On racketboy’s site I saw a link to http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=nb_ss_e?url=search-alias%3Delectronics-aps&field-keywords=vga+components+cablewholesale.com&Go.x=0&Go.y=0&Go=Go I wonder if anyone has used a vga to rgb cable. I’ve heard of converting TO vga, obviously, but I’ve never heard of anyone converting video FROM vga. If anyone knows how that works, that might be an alternative as well.

That’s an option too… I’m going to keep looking Jester, and I’m going to email racketboy and see what they say. If I have any luck I will shoot a PM your way or post back.

good stuff, thx duder.

I think i’m gonna pick up one of these http://www.eforcity.com/pothvgargbx6.html for the price of a value meal and free shipping, I can’t feel bad if it doesn’t work out. I really hope it does though, fight game lag is like prison sex. There are no winners.