DSF2 vs DSF2:AE

What are the main differences between Dash SF2 and Dash SF2: Anniversary Edition.

wtf is dash sf2?

I thought sf2:dash was champion edition?

Someone told me the Japanese name for Hyper SF2 was Dash SF2…

If I’m wrong, then sorry.

Then whats the difference between HSF2 and HSF2:AE?

Oh, ok… maybe it is I dunno…

If you mean Hyper Fighting, it is the 3rd SF2. (SF2:WW, SF2:CE, SF2:HF, SSF2, SSF2T) AE is a compilation the characters from each of those games into one.

Or it could just be another name for AE as well… in which case, they’re the same :stuck_out_tongue:

Is HSF2:AE good anough for tournament play?

From what I’ve gathered by reading topics here, it seems that some of the characters aren’t accurate representations of the originals (AE ST O.Sagat != ST O.Sagat, for example). Also, there are balance issues, with some of the older version characters having easy dizzies, or huge chip damage.

I guess it depends… If you want accurate ST characters (or more specifically, not-nerfed O.Sagat) then no. Vega has wall dive issues as well. It’s not “arcade perfect translation” of the older games 100%

But then you don’t get the “dream match” thing… wooooo… but that’s up to you. I like it, actually… I love it. But I’m just a scrub.

Plus, you have to deal with crazy CE bison running over everyone. He’s a monster. I don’t know why they nerfed O.Sagat, yet completely ignored CE Bison.

I’m pretty sure this is how the games stacked up for the USA as compared with their counterparts in Japan (actually Japan always came first)…and a note about Dash…I believe that also refers to the ’ symbol that goes after the 2 in CE and Turbo. The ’ Dash means it’s new or upgraded, I’m guessing.

1. Street Fighter 2: The World Warrior
  2. Street Fighter 2’: Champion Edition
  3. Street Fighter 2’: Turbo
  4. Super Street Fighter 2: The New Challengers (The Tournament Battle never officially releaseed here nationwide)
  5. Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo

Japan

1. Street Fighter 2: The World Warrior
  2. Street Fighter 2’: Dash
  3. Street Fighter 2’: Hyper Fighting
  4. Super Street Fighter 2: The New Challengers – and – The Tournament Battle (linked cabinets)
  5. Super Street Fighter 2 X: Grand Master Challenge

As far as characters go, yeah there are some differences for sure. Even CE Bison is different in the way his psycho crusher hits (less hits when blocked but can now create crossups even after blocking the first 2 hits). And a big no-no for me, being a hardcore Vega fan, is seeing his CE incarnation get the SNES-type rolling crystal flash options. In the arcade he could only do a single roll and slash. In the SNES version they gave him 1, 2, and 3 roll variations. He didn’t get that in arcades until Turbo (Hyper Fighting).

Yep. Like K’ in KOF, which is pronounced “Kay Dash.” For some reason they call the apostrophe a dash in Japan.