Dual mod service! ChImps & MC Cthulhus/Imps installed here

I am the author of the Madcatz FightStick dual-modding guide, so I’m pretty good with soldering and installing PCBs. I specialize in dual-modding arcade sticks to work with both Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 consoles.
Dual-modding a MadCatz Xbox 360 Fight Stick with a ChImp:**
This will make your Xbox 360 stick work with both the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. You can send either your entire arcade stick or just the main PCB.
Labor cost: $60
Parts cost: $36 for ChImp board.
Return shipping cost: $6 Priority Mail w/ Delivery Confirmation for PCBs or $17 UPS ground for a Fight Stick.

Dual-modding a MadCatz Xbox 360 Fight Stick PCB with an MC Cthulhu, Imp, & RJ-45 Cable:
This will make your Xbox 360 stick work with both the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. It will also be able to work with the Playstation 1 and 2, GameCube, Wii, and Xbox 1, provided you install an RJ-45 jack in your stick and make/buy the appropriate specialized cables for those systems. Choose this option if you are just sending me the PCBs and not the stick itself. You will install the RJ-45 jack on your own and the RJ-45 cable I attach to the MC Cthulhu will plug directly into it.
Labor cost: $65
Parts cost: $51 ($42 for MC Cthulhu board and RJ-45 cable, $9 for Imp)
Return shipping cost: $7 Priority Mail w/ Delivery Confirmation for PCBs.

Dual-modding a MadCatz Xbox 360 Fight Stick with an MC Cthulhu & RJ-45 Jack:
This will make your Xbox 360 stick work with both the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. It will also be able to work with the Playstation 1 and 2, GameCube, Wii, and Xbox 1 by plugging specialized cables into the RJ-45 jack I install in your stick. You will need to make the cables yourself or purchase them from me. Choose this option if you are just sending your entire stick to me.
Labor cost: $70
Parts cost: $61 ($42 for MC Cthulhu board and RJ-45 cable, $9 for Imp, $10 for RJ-45 jack)
Return shipping cost: $17 UPS ground for a Fight Stick.

Dual-modding an empty arcade stick with an Xbox 360 PCB and ChImp:
I will install a MadCatz Xbox 360 controller PCB and a ChImp board into your empty stick case. This will make it work with both the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. You will need to send me the case, stick, and buttons.
Labor cost: $60
Parts cost: $66 ($30 for MadCatz Xbox 360 controller PCB, $36 for ChImp board)
Return shipping cost: $17 UPS ground

Specialized RJ-45 cables:
I will make an RJ-45 cable that plugs into your MC Cthulhu’s RJ-45 jack and connects it to one of the following systems:
[LIST]
[]Playstation 1/2
[
]GameCube/Wii
[*]Xbox 1
[/LIST]
Labor cost: $10 per cable
Parts cost: Ask (I generally have you buy the Neutrik connector and controller extension cable.)
Return shipping cost: $6 Priority Mail w/ Delivery if cables are ordered by themselves

Removing an Xbox 360 Fight Stick’s PCB to send to me:
Open the stick. The Standard Edition and Tournament Edition have the same main PCB inside. The Super Street Fighter IV Fight Stick’s PCB is a little different but removal should be the same. Remove the screws and ribbon cables according to this image:

If your stick is a Standard Edition Fight Stick, do not remove the USB cable from the PCB! Send the cable and PCB.
If your stick is a Tournament Edition Fight Stick, you will need to remove the USB cable by either desoldering it or cutting off the wires as close to the SE PCB as possible. Cut the wire that was attached to SGND (shielded ground) completely off because you will not reattach that particular wire when reinstalling the cable. Only cut the portion of the wire shown in this image:

Do not remove the USB cable from the TE stick’s case; you only need to send the PCB.

Sending an Xbox 360 Fight Stick to me:
If you haven’t purchased the Fight Stick yet, considering ordering it from an online retailer and having it shipped directly to me so that you don’t pay two separate shipping charges just to get the stick to me.
If you already own the stick, you can send it in its original box or in a different box (with some good padding to protect it). Please note that if you send the original box to me, I may not be able to keep the box in perfect shape. Don’t send the original box if its condition is important to you. Do not send the original instructions or headset jack adapter.

Installing your TE PCB and MC Cthulhu/Imp or ChImp:
When you get your dual-modded PCBs back, be careful when handling the wires as they are very thin and you don’t want them to break or separate from the PCBs.
Open both the top and bottom of the TE stick. Mount the MC Cthulhu and Imp here:

If you just have a ChImp, mount it in the same spot as the larger PCB (MC Cthulhu) in the picture.

**Reattaching the USB cable: **
Coming soon!

Shipping and local pickup:
-Lake Jackson, TX’s zip code is 77566. Shipping sticks by UPS or FedEx Ground tends to be the cheapest shipping option for sticks, while USPS (with Delivery Confirmation) is more affordable for PCBs.
-Houston area residents may choose local drop off and pick up. My schedule is difficult though so PM me for details.

Ordering Instructions:
Email me at segacon@gmail.com (preferred) or PM and describe what kind of work you want done. Make sure you specify which MadCatz Fight Stick you have (SE, TE, or Super SF4 TE). Thanks for your interest!

So no shipping out to you for the dual pcb mod huh. :[ damn.

Okay, I’ve decided to accept sticks that are shipped to me as well. Hope it’s not too much trouble!

shot you a PM…

Awesome. I’ll need to get my hands on a imp and cthulhu. Then i’ll def send you a pm.

Here’s my recommendations for procuring Cthulhus and Imps:

-Order directly from Toodles. Instructions are here.
-Purchase the Cthulhu unassembled and do not buy the USB jack or screw terminals. It’s OK if you buy an assembled one but that will just cost you more because I don’t use the jack or terminals.

-You can have Toodles ship the parts directly to me if you want. Otherwise you’ll need to pack them in with your stick when you ship it.

any chance of soldering service for mc cthulhu, IMP, and 360 pcb alone?

whats your zip code? i am gonna see if its worth it to send you my se stick i shipped 1 i sold on ebay and it cost $25 for priority mail.

I’ll take the ls-32-01 with a white ball top.

interested in the SFAC sticks, sending PM

j00 get my PM? :shy:

Sweet stuff here dude…

I dropped off my TE stick with Bomberman. Nice guy. Will post pictures as soon as I get it back. I went ahead and did a poor job mounting a switch to save him the trouble but we’ll see how it all works out.

If you’re selling the box that it comes in then I’ll buy that. I really want it as it would sit next to the slick box the TE stick came in.

Any way I could get some pics of the SFAC cases? I’m interested in one but I’d like to see what they look like. So, a tentative dibs on one if you got one still :wink: Thanks!

Truckasaurus has first dibs on the SFAC sticks, but I will let you know if he doesn’t take them. Also I might be getting rid of 1 more SFAC case, depending on whether I keep it for myself or not.

No boxes for them as I got them all from an Ebay seller a while back.

Ahh, ok, it’s cool. I really don’t care about the boxes they come in, I just want the case and goodies! Just let me know if you change your mind about the other one; no rush though.

Yo, got my stick back this evening from Bomberman. Works like a champ! Everything works perfectly. I’ll post more pics when I have more motivation.

Thanks again Bomberman for the quick turnaround time also.

Dual modding Solmin and Darkmeltdown’s SF4 TE sticks went very well, so I’m expanding my services.

I will now presolder people’s Xbox 360 SF4 stick PCBs with Cthulhus and Imp boards. In other words, you send me just the main SF4 PCB w/ USB cable, Cthulhu, and Imp board and I wire them all up for you. That way shipping isn’t nearly as expensive.

Awesome service. PM’d