Here’s the mod.
I did this mod because I upgrade the TvC stick with Sanwa and wanted to use it for the 360. The Hori T6 stick is OK but when you have Sanwa way even bother. I opened my T6 stick and cut out the PCB. No solder iron required I just cut the wires.
Now to the Wii remote because this step is important if this setup is going to work.
In order to power the Hori Tekken 6 Xbox 360 PCB with the Wii remote I had to modify the Wii remote by soldering two wires.
After some initial tests I found out that the Wii remote expansion port will only supply power when the remote is on (connected to Wii console) or when a button is pressed and the LED lights are flashing. Once the LED lights stop flashing power is cut off.
Open the Wii remote. There are plenty of sites out there that show this.
On the front side of the remote’s PCB (buttons facing up) there is a + and ? labeled on the right side. These two points will be used to solder. The other points are the expansion port that are labeled 1 through 6.
You need to wire the following points together.
Pin 1 this the expansion ports power and pin 6 is the ground.
When completed it looks like this.
After the wires are soldered the Wii remote can supply power through the expansion port even when it’s off.
I noticed when putting the remote back together it does not close all the way. There about a 1 mm gap due to the added wires. Not a big deal to me since I keep the silicon sleeve over the remote.
Now to the internals of the stick. This part of the mod was completely solderless.
I added two terminal strips and one small push button that I got at Radio Shack.
Here’s a drawing of how everything was put together. The drawing is not 100% accurate but it gives a general idea. The actual stick is very messy and it’s hard to see exactly how everything is wired.
I kept the Button Terminal PCB for the buttons and slice the ribbon that goes to the main PCB. Keeping the terminal PCB added more clutter but this made it easier and helped me save time.
I decided to run the 360 Guide button out of the case and taped it together with the expansion port connection because I was too lazy to solder or drill a hole in the case. This does not bother me but there are better alternatives if someone else decided to do this mod.
Sorry for no pictures of the stick right now but I’ll post pictures as soon I can.