Dudley Character Specific Punishes

dudley

FREE = Standing Roundhouse punishable.

Abel

• Wheel Kick: SAFE if spaced. FREE if not spaced.
  • Change of Direction: FREE if blocked at any point. 3rd part can be interrupted with Ultra or EX Jet Upper.
    *Note: Non-EX Jet Uppers DO NOT INTERRUPT CHANGE OF DIRECTION.
  • Sweep: Rolling Thunder
  • Breathless (U2): Rolling Thunder/Corkscrew Cross (cannot be grabbed). EX MGB if whiffed.

Adon

• Rising Jaguar: FREE
  • Jaguar Kick: SAFE
  • Jaguar Tooth: SAFE
  • (Super) Thousand Jaguars: FREE (must stand block)

Boxer

• Headbutt: FREE
  • Dash Low Smash: FREE! (awesome) *Note: Safe if EX version is used.
  • Dash Overhead: HP or EX Jet Upper. cr.lp but timing is tight. Same rule applies to EX version.
  • (Ultra I) Violent Buffalo: FREE. *Note: Interruptible before last hit with U1/U2, Super, and EX Jet Upper

Blanka

• Rolling Attack (midscreen): HP/EX MGB or Rolling Thunder
  • Vertical Roll (midscreen): HP MGB or Rolling Thunder
  • Rainbow Ball (mid screen): FREE on block. FADC is probably best option.
  • Amazon River Run: FREE if not spaced. LP MGB or Rolling Thunder if spaced (lol).
  • (Ultra I): FREE (have to walk up and time normal when Blanka lands).
    *Note: Ultra I is electricity therefore can be Cross Countered AFTER the low ground slam. There’s no reason not to use this option on block since it saves you from taking massive chip damage. This is pretty awesome.

C.Viper
*Note: Nearly all of C.Vipers specials and normals are safe on block since they are cancelable. Therefore, this section concentrates on counters rather than punishers.

• Burning Kick: Can be Cross Countered (yay). Instant Burning Kicks can whiff if Dudley does cr.mk at the right time. Also, Cross Counter tends to miss the counterhit for some reason. For example, her EX-Seismo xx Burning Kick string can be Cross Countered, but only EX Cross Counter lands the hit. Needs more testing.

Ibuiki

• ex dp: level 2 focus attack (absorbs kunai if thrown out)
  • low sweep: anything

Dhalsim

• Standing HK: Reversal EX MGB

Cody

• Ruffian Kick (non EX): Stand HK xx EX MGB
  • Criminal Upper: st.lp, st.lp, hp jet upper

Juri

• Pinwheel: st.lp, st.lp, hp jet upper

Ryu

• Sweep: Duck xx Upper
  • Shoryuken: free
  • Hadouken (not blocked): Duck Straight/High, Rolling Thunder

Akuma

Ken

E.Honda

• All Headbutts including EX: Rolling Thunder
  • HP Headbutt: MP MGB
  • LK and MK Buttsmash: cr.FP on way down guaranteed, if second hit is blocked on way down super
  • HK and EX Buttsmash: either cr.FP or walk up F+MK>s.HK>HP DP for best punish (since after EX MGB you should MK Duck Upper, but sometimes it whiffs, and MP MGB is guaranteed but less damage, all midscreen, in corner cr. HK)
  • Super: st.MP>MP MGB, Super (not all hits connect resulting in 310 damage)
  • Ultra: Walk forward F+MK>st.HK>HP DP or EX MGB>MK Duck Upper (first option is more guaranteed), Rolling Thunder, Corkscrew Cross

Name some that you guys know of and I’ll just compile it to the list.

Great idea! I’d love to hear some overall good general punishers. Especially I’d like to know what to do with dee jays dread kicks, they push you back so far!!

Dhalsim blocked Stand HK - EX MGB.
Cody blocked Ruffian Kick (non EX) - Stand HK xx EX MGB
Cody Criminal Upper (if at right distance) - Stand LP, Stand LP, HP Jet Uppercut
Juri Pinwheel - Stand LP, Stand LP, HP Jet Uppercut
Ryu / Ken / Akuma blocked sweep - Duck xx Super

E. Honda:

All Headbutts including EX - Rolling Thunder
HP Headbutt - MP MGB
LK and MK Buttsmash - cr.FP on way down guaranteed, if second hit is blocked on way down super
HK and EX Buttsmash - either cr.FP or walk up F+MK>s.HK>HP DP for best punish (since after EX MGB you should MK Duck Upper, but sometimes it whiffs, and MP MGB is guaranteed but less damage, all midscreen, in corner cr. HK)
Super - st.MP>MP MGB, Super (not all hits connect resulting in 310 damage)
Ultra - Walk forward F+MK>st.HK>HP DP or EX MGB>MK Duck Upper (first option is more guaranteed), Rolling Thunder, Corkscrew Cross

**T.Hawk: **

Condor Dive - Rolling Thunder and FP MGB
Condor Spire (Usually you’ll block the jab version, close range it’s -3, max range -2) - No EX: cr.LP>st.HK>HP DP, One EX: cr.LP>s.HK>EX MGB>LK duck Straight>HP DP

Juri:

Pinwheel (block crouching for her last hits to whiff): s.HK>HP DP or EX MGB
Pinwheel EX (block crouching): s.FP, Ultra 1, Ultra 2, Super

Akuma:

Teleport Away from you PPP and KKK: EX MGB
Teleport Towards you PPP and KKK: Your command gets crossed and a EX DP comes out. Needs to be looked into more.

Adon:

Jaguar Tooth: Jump forward roundhouse easily stuffs HK and MK versions, while EX version has good priority and trades. LK version is usually too far away for you to reach.
Jaguar Kick: Either st.mk or cr.FP or s.FP before it hits you depending on the version/range.

Rufus:

EX Messiah -

Overhead:
Forward dash (can punish with F+MK>s.HK or just s.HK), EX DP, s.MK, Cross counter
Low:
EX DP
Medium:
EX DP can beat if timed right, one time it traded with Ultra 2 lol.

Divekicking twice in your face -

Option select tech cr.LK+cr.LP+cr.FP

Anti-Airing Dive Kick -

s.FP, Jet Upper, EX Jet Upper, s.MK if close or crossup.

Zangief

Lariat PPP or KKK -

Ducking Upper (Guaranteed punish close or anywhere on screen if you see a lariat, usually only one hit for 60dmg, but it’s guaranteed)

Wait a bit, s.HK>EX MGB, s.HK>LK Ducking Upper (Jet Upper tends to whiff)

st.M Poke -

s.FP (ow 130 dmg)

st.HK Poke -

crouch, let the hit whiff over you, then punish his recovery with st.HK>EX MGB

d+HK Poke -

cr.mk

df+HK Poke -

cr.mk

If blocked, LP MGB, or Ultra 2

EX Greenhand and Normal Greenhand (on hit or block) -

s.HK>HP DP or s.HK>EX MGB

F. HP and Corkscrew Counter also punish Condor Dive.

Cody Criminal Upper (if at right distance)- Corkscrew cross.

I’ve found Cody’s lp Criminal Upper to be only punishable by Jet Upper and super, but I might be wrong.

Cross Counter beats blanka’s electricity.

If criminal upper is done with LP it can’t be punished with that.

I haven’t started with my punishes yet but I do know that Blanka ball instead of using fierce mgb use ex. You get the free launch into ultra if you have it available.

Seriously? Yesssss

anyone know how Makato’s hayate can be punished?

QFT. Finially someone who can truely counter it :slight_smile:

LP is -8, MP is -7, HP is -5, EX is -4.

i can’t test it now, but cr.mp is 5 frames. i suspect it might reach. does cr.jab not reach or something?

f+MK seems to reach Hayate

I tried this yesterday. lp criminal upper is punishable by jet upper and super. mp and hp versions are punishable by Rolling Thunder.

Akuma and Ryu
Sweep -
Punish with Rolling Thunder

Edit:
Rufus
Max range cr.hp -
punish with Rolling Thunder

The business elbow (j.hk) beats Blanka electricity too if you happen to be jumping.

Deejay:
blocked slide

• s.hp
  • s.rh xx _______

Ibuki:
Super

• ex mgb (will need confirmation, has worked for me multiple times though)

Blanka:
rose throw beats rainbow ball (on the way up)

Seems like the safest way to punish Adon’s deep jaguar tooth on block is to just throw. Sometimes I can land a target combo starting with ducking lp but sometimes he’s out of range or my timing is off. There has to be something better. EX upper can punish it before it hits.

Ibuki: wakeup EX Kazegiri xx air Kunai
Dudley: Punish with LVL2 FA, it will absorb the Kunai and crumple her when she lands.

Cody: (EX) Zonk Knuckle
Dudley: Punish with st.HK xx followup (EX), punish with HP Jet Upper (non-EX)

Also, for the Akuma towards Teleport punish, you have to wait until he fully passes through you with it and then input the EX MGB and it’ll work. I also noticed that if you use the shortcut motion (1236+PP) then EX Upper still tends to come out every so often, so make sure to do the whole half circle motion just to be safe.