Dudley-vs-Makoto

dudley

Can someone please give me a breakdown of this match-up?

Which character is faster?
Which character is stronger?
Which character has the advantage on the other on offense?
What must Dudley do to avoid the hayate/karakusa/anti-air pattern in close?
What must Makoto do versus Dudley’s wake-up switch-up?
Which character is better?

Thongboy Bebop!!!
Slim X!!!
Kal el!!!
Aneurysm X!!!
Adverse Solutions!!!

Anybody-please help meee!!!

Which character is faster?

makoto

dudley

makoto

short swing blows, and straight up jump roundhouse work wonders.

Which character is better?

Dudley has priority issues against makoto, but she really can’t do any of the things that make her really good because of karakusa whiff retaliation.

basically, if you whiff a karakusa, whether it’s because dudley is jumping or short swing blow-ing, you’re screwed out of at least 30% life. Short swing blow -> Corkscrew blow is hard for makoto to deal with.

if dudley gets parried on a jump in attack, he basically eats some gay monster combo.

sniff i’m in the anybody section sniff

anyway…
** Which character is faster? **
makoto for obvious reasons (dash, plus the dash punch, plus the kara command grab gives her a pretty big range to deal with.

Makoto probably deals as much in terms of stun damage, if not more (if your opponent manages to get you into the grab, s.fierce, dash punch or Abare Tosanami, it does a lot). But, unless she’s got Tanden Renki activated, or she’s taunted for quite some time, Dudley’s going to be doing most of the damage dealing.

Dudley: his pokes are good, most can link into super, if not, they chain and put you at a good range to get away from command grabs. The timing on most of hist jump ins and anti-airs vary too, so it’s hard for makoto to be aware of which one’s coming out.

Well, teching is key here, but, you’d really have to get the timing down to the frame to get around the karakusa (command grab).
Against hayate, if you get hit the first time, jump straight up and do either roundhouse or fierce, some people are fast enough to see the set up for another one, so they’ll do an ex cross counter, or will parry into uppercut. These are more effective, but also require a great deal of practice. As for the anti-air, either CS blow to stop it from the ground (though i’ve never seen it used the Fukiage used that way), or if you’re in the air, parry into j.RH, jet uppercut xx super.

if by switch up you mean the swing back blow thing, she basically has to do a crouching jab, or a crouching short, i’d think. If succesful, simply dash into command grab, and cancel into super, or finish with the dash punch or something.

** Which character is better**
if you take away the kara command grab, the entire game revolves around her trying to dash around and getting you with a regular grab, so the name of the game for dudley is to MAKE openings, and parry well enough to get around initial resistance. Wait for openings, and strike hard. A solid ground game resolves this, so this means that IN THIS SENSE at least, dudley has the advantage. Dudley has to rely on his normals a great deal, anyway, so this is just an expansion to that idea. Makoto can’t do wake up shoryukens, or air dive kicks, or chariot tackles per se, so keep pressure always, and look for links into super. This is probably the hardest part of it. But I think when it comes down to having to fight with the basics, dudley can take makoto out.

to tell u the truth dudley can be a makoto killer because of the fact that he has the lowest jump in the game. if he jumps straight up wen ever she goes for a grab she’s fucked!!:evil:

I am so honored. :cool:

My Dudley cant take Makoto
Please use Urien instead

:D…

i used to fear this guy (Alvin’s) Makoto a lot. But after reviewing a Dudley vs. Makoto match from the Co-op tourney footage (and from reading Erco’s post, i worry less now.

So yes, i agree with the jumping straight up and all around the place to avoid getting caught with a Karakusa. Another thing i resorted to doing is sticking standing HK’s every now and then when anticipating a dash. During the HK animation, i prepare to buffer an MK/HK Duck so if the HK connects, i’ll have an insta-Corkscrew Blow!!! YEAH!!!

Oh, and obviously, something that goes in Dudley’s favor is the fact that Makoto has close-to-zero options on wake up. Pretty much the only time you have to be careful is if she has a super stored, especially Seichusen. So you can definitely abuse her when she’s down going for high-low-throw mix-ups.

geez…

How can i forget Double Reppuken’s post?

Thanks dude, your input also helped me get around to beating that Makoto!

grooviness :cool: I’m glad I could help another Dudley player out.

Dudley: takin’ out makotos, one at a time, since 2002.

:lol:

That should be a sig on all of us Dudleys!!!

My Dudley takes out Chun, now thats something
haha

whoa!!!

hehe…

Hey, you should share your info as to how you pull this off!!!

Like, maybe make a thread regarding Dudley vs. Chun-Li or Dudley vs. Yang, etc.