Gamefrog NorthGate Mall
1058 W. Club Blvd.
Space 111
Durham, NC 27701
Hours:
M-Sat ~10am-9pm
Sun ~ 12-6pm

919-286-0200

Pre-Registration:Feb 4 and ends Feb 22 12:00 A:M.
“this is just a list for creation of tournament brakets”

Door Registration:$6

Pot-Spilt:70%/20%/10%

Majors:$10
Street Fighter III:3rd Strike (Standard:2 Rounds ) [Format: PS2]
Rules: No Gill,winner keeps same character but can switch super art,
Double Elimination Style Tournament.Arcade Mode only!
Winners and Loser Finals: Best 2 out of 3 "Victor must win 2 out of 3 twice"
Winners Grand Final:Best 3 out of 5 “Loser must win 3 out of 5 twice”

Arcana Heart (Standard: 2 Rounds ) [Format: PS2]
Rules:No Mildred,winner keeps same character,only Arcana Heart “Full” versions of characters, Arcade Mode only!, winner can not switch “arcana type”.
Double Elimination Style Tournament.
Winners and Losers Finals: Best 2 out of 3 "Victor must win 2 out of 3 twice"

Guilty Gear XX:Accent Core(Standard: 2 Rounds ) [Format: PS2]
Rules:Standard Arcade Characters only!
Double Elimination Style Tournament.Winner keeps same character.
Winners and Loser Finals: Best 2 out of 3 "Victor must win 2 sets"

Minors:$5

NEO/GEO BATTLE COLISUEME:Boss Battle Style! (Standard: 2 Rounds ) [Format: PS2]
Rules:No Goodman, Arcade Mode only! Double Elimination Style Tournament.Winner keeps same character.
Bosses Banned are:SaiSyu Kusanagi,Sie Clayton,Beast of Fire, P-Soul, and Cajunstrike.

[Winner of the tournament will get to take on the Eight Dragons of Hell for an extra $25!!! None other than the feared SaiSyu Kusanagi… all you have to do is win one match,hahahahahah…but are you strong enough not to get burned alive by my flames…? :badboy:]

Capcom VS SNK 2:Millennium Fight 2001 (Standard: 2 Rounds ) [Format: PS2]
Rules:No God Rugal, Orochi Gouki, Orochi Iori, or Evil Ryu.Arcade Mode only!

Super Street Fighter II X (Standard: 2 Rounds ) [Format: Dreamcast]
Rules:No Shin Gouki or normal Gouki,Arcade Mode only! Winner keeps same character. Double Elimination Style Tournament.
Match sets will be in X-Mainia Style! "First to 3"
Winners and Losers Finals: First 3 twice "Victor must win 2 sets"
Winners Grand Final: First 3 “Loser must win first to 3 twice”

The King Of Ironfist:Tekken 5 Dark Ressurection (Standard 3 Rounds) [Format PS3]
Rules:No Jinpachi, No Mokujin

Good luck and break a spine,
SaiSyu.

Ummm…no GG?

and Phil can enter EngeeBeecee?

FURTHER WTF EDIT: O. Sagat has never, ever been banned in ST.

Yeah GG would be nice. But I’m hype for the tourney.

GG as atleast a minor would be nice dude, it’d bring in more people for the other tournaments.

Regardless though I’ll still be there to take everyone’s money in Arcana. And to flail around helplessly in NGBC.

C3 tourney in Northern VA posted already for 2/23, you guys do want VA to come to yours and vice versa, right?

EDIT: just saw the O.Sagat thing. Yeah, he’s NEVER been banned in any tourney that I know of. Hell, An O.Sagat player hasn’t won EVO yet I believe. Shows how broken he is at high level.

If you have any justification for it, we’d like to hear it. Otherwise it just sounds scrubby.

If C3 is the same day then I’m going to that. No GG = no point for me to show up.

Roski is having a tournament on 3/1 (as I recall reading/hearing), that’s the one you guys should be concerned about. Saisyu’s tourneys are generally a more minor thing.

What he said. All of it.

It’s been a while since I attended a tourney. With the current list I guess it’s just CVS 2 and 3s though I’ve played neither for a long while now. I’ll see if my schedule can permit since it wasn’t as it once was. My current gaming attention, I should warn you; has been towards VF5. Hopefully I’ll see you all in Durham, that is all. :bluu:

The no Mildred rule for AH is redundant, btw. She’s not playable to begin with, not unlockable at all.

Need to edit that first post with directions. :wink:

Was posting rather quickly, I was rushing out to a female friends house and then after that stopped by Exdous777 to play some CVS2 but good catch on the directions.:tup:

So far as the OG Sagat thing, it is not anything offical but just that I saw alot of X-mania vids and I did not see too many if any OG Sagats’ plus there is a soft bann on him in Japan which means that you could play him but they would prefer you would not. So I just took the next step. Just want to have a stright up Super Turbo Tournament. Personaly I think it is kind of gay when you have to put a code in to play a charater that is already selectible. That is just my honest opinon.:angel:

If you guys are going to bring the pain the let it rain!!! GG IS ON!!!
I want to see the best GG games you have ever play in you life!!! Because this tournament is not for me, it is for yall. Think about it, how many years I have been doing this? And me personaly I have only cared about the N.C secne and it’s growning stronger since Sie-Clayton helped me put together the first Gamefrog tournament. Bi-Monthly tournaments for 6 years were a blast but very draining, and pizza, all types of chalenges that came up, but did it because I wanted too.

I want N.C to do well as a team always. You have to become a team first. TILT motto:Drag Um!

Just good to say it so that no one can say that I did not specify.
But thanks. :angel:

The soft ban thing is overrated. Technically, in Japan they soft ban Akuma, too. Some players will pick him, but they are always scrubs who get crushed. I suppose O Sagat and Vega are “soft banned” over there, but there are plenty of Japanese Vega and Sagat players…

Oh, wait… This is america! That’s right, who gives a crap! We’ve never banned O.Sagat. He’s not even the best character in the game. Dhalsim is.

As far as “using a code” to select the characters, that’s crap. Balrog, Juli, and Juni are tourney legal in A3. Red Venom, O.Hulk, G.WM are legal in MvC1. Heck, you have to use a “code” (hold start) to select EX characters in CvS1.

Might as well ban O.Vega, O.Chun, and O.Cammy… I mean you have to use a code for those characters… and they’re freaking useless.

What do I know… I’m in Iraq.

Err, why are you not allowed to switch Arcana? It’s allowed in other tourneys from what I’ve seen…

The winner is locked out of Arcana selection in the first and second match.
But that is way we a going to do it.

[media=youtube]mb-II_V-ytw[/media]

You are in Iraq?:confused: Please be safe dude. Games are bottom list when it comes to life. I will take care of my tournament, you just make sure you take care of yourself. See you soon, peace man.

lol. I’m ok, man… Obviously if I have the time to post in a tourney thread i’m not even going to, I’m just fine and comfortable on base. I’m just bored. Thanks for the well wishes though. I’ll be home for a bit in april/may.

Just one last, point… I HATE O. Sagat. He is an absolute pain to fight against… if the player is good. That’s the caveat.

O. Sagat is hard to play. Scrubs cannot just pick up and play him and do well. He is not CvS2 sagat. The zoning game and the patience you need to keep people out is insane. Being able to correctly reversal DP to get out of the nasty shit in this game is hard. Sagat does not have any bullshit throw traps like Ken,Rog, or Sim, no broken super like Chun or Rog, no TOD combos like Bison.

Now you want easy mode? Fucking Vega. No effort, easy wins vs half the cast. Only characters that give him honest trouble are Honda and Blanka, characters that you don’t see often and are easily counter-able themselves. Even day 1 Vega is a pain in the ass.

It’s your tourney, sure. But don’t go banning shit just b/c you saw some video posted online somewhere and not from actual tourney experience. Pretty soon you’ll be banning Roll Cancel, Vism, and tick throws because they’re “cheap”.

Thank you again. Be safe.

If I go to a tournament on this day, it’ll be C3, where they go by community standards and don’t make their own rules. I mean, Japan also has an unstated soft ban on Vega. Is he banned too? Also, GG is a consistent draw in this state, and should undoubtedly be a major. ST will get, at most, 8 heads in NC. I love the game, but that’s just the way it is around here. :tdown: