**Discuss the character’s entire moveset here, including normal moves, special moves, super moves, and all the other miscellaneous stuff like counter attacks, rolls, dodge attacks, jumps, and throws.
Also list attributes such as dizzy count, lifebar points, character size and special hitbox properties.
Once a full movelist including frame data has been provided for the character, this post will be edited to include all of it, with proper credit to the guy who copied all that stuff from the Japanese guide or whatever.**
July 7, 2004
Im too lazy to put in frame data right now. Im just killing time while my nuggets cook.
Right now I will just put moves in random order, maybe later they will be complete.
July 27, 2004
Ok, this list is a bit more complete than when I started, For frame data refer to popoblo’s post, Click Here.
Please feel free to post anything that should be added or changed.
When this thing gets bigger i’ll try to put a clickable toc…
- Very good combo starter, combos into useful moves like s.forward, c.foward, and c.fierce
- Good up close to start poke string
- Can link into cc
- Low hitting combo starter, combos into another c.short, and more easily c.jab
- Perhaps eagles best poke. This move will beat a lot of low hitting moves, and slower high hitting moves. Usually loses against moves like cammy s.roundhouse.
- Super cancellable but not special cancellable
- Can activate on reaction if you are close and it is a counter hit (ie close enough to hit another c.forward or a s.forward)
- This move sticks out quite a lot, it can often be used outside its range to build meter and stop the person from walking in, as well as beat there longer ranged low hitting pokes. Used like this it seems hard to punish (unless predictable)
- Links into s.forward. This link is very easy on counter hit, punishing rolls/anti-wakeup (meaty attacks).
- Will stuff cammy’s s.roundhouse from further out than s.forward (Apoc)
- Most often used to combo into special (hcf+short/forward)
- This move sticks out a lot and comes out pretty quickly
- Good for stuffing moves like cammy s.roundhouse and spiral arrow (at the proper distance… this is by no means free)
- Good to chip away at guard meter
- Outranges most characters moves
- Slow in coming out, so thought is necessary in using this move
- Use to punish wiffed moves from far away.
- If you condition your opponent to blocking at the end of your poke strings (which are usually used to combo into super/special) you can tag on this move at the end (it is not safe but it can get lots of damage/guard bar)
- Exact same points as s.fierce but with knockdown
- Like s.fierce, this move is constantly on the opponents mind at that range, sometimes they will get antsy and jump/roll to try to escape them and punish. Although jumping will be hit by s.fierce
- Very fast mid hitting move
- First hit is cancellable
- Pushes people away
- This move seems to beat/trade some moves that c.forward wont because of the hitbox of the other character (ie athena c.fierce often goes over c.forward)
- Very long reach, the first hit has more reach than c.forward.
- Very high reaching anti air. This move will pretty much stop characters with high jumps (bison, chun li) - especially if they attempt to cross up (jumps that are far in front are fairly ambiguous and it is not always best to use this move). It can turn matchups like c-chun into entirely footsie based round.
- Very good anti air against all normal/super jumps, the range in front is fairly deceptive and it hits high directly above eagles head.
- Fairly weak against lowjumps (cant be done on reaction all the time)
- This move starts hitting from above eagles head, I believe slightly behind where a c.fierce would, it can stop some people from crossing up.
- In situations where you want to throw but they might jump, this move will often come out and hit them out of the air.
- Pretty much only use this move as a meaty attack, on counter hit it can be combo’d into for example c.forward/s.forward
- On a perfect meaty attack this move leaves you at -1 (non-counterhit)
- Heavy hitting low-mid ranged move.
- Use this when you want to poke a short character (crouching iori) for some guard bar or possible a counter hit depending on what you have set up (this move hits lower than s.fierce which will wiff).
- On close low jumps this move can be used as an anti-lowjump
- Can be used as an anti air, although imo it is not his best one. In situations where this move would be good I prefer j.strong (straight up usually). Against c-groove when people jump in from far it is a safer move to use than forward j.strong as it is ground based.
- Possibility of anti-airing on the first and second hit of this move
(Although I myself cannot reliably use this move, it doesnt mean that it cannot be, so I will give credit to Apoc as I believe he was the first to mention this, even in the old Eagle threads)
- This is a very good air to air anti-air.
- Jump straight up, forward or backward depending on the situation
- Move sticks out a lot and can beat most moves even if it comes out later (assuming their move is not completely out and in your hitbox :))
- I differentiated between j and sj because against p groove it makes it hit at a different height
- Primary jump in
- Instant overhead when next to opponent
damage to come…
- Puts them at your feet, not tech rollable
- Sets up lots of mind games
- High/Low/Throw mind game with sjb.forward/c.short
- Corpse hopping mind games:
- Double hopping… not safe, but can be confusing. The worst part about this is that the counter to this is random mashing. No matter what they try to do they will hit you…
- You can also hop over and then hop away from them
Note: This can easily done by pressing ->, ->, ->, <- or ->,->,<-,-> where the 3rd directional input is pressed before you land on the other side
- Also can go for a meaty crossup with j.roundhouse