Palmer Inn (Clarion Hotel)
3499 Route 1 South
Princeton NJ 08540
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=165633 - Brawl crosspost
http://www.meltybread.com/forums/index.php?topic=1499.msg36405#msg36405 - Melty cross post.
This tournament will be taking place in the Garden Room, located through the main lobby.
Call this number if you need help with directions or need a ride from the train station. The Palmer Inn is conveniently located near Princeton Junction Train Station.
Lobby opens as early as 10:45 AM.
11 AM: Smash Brawl TEAMS Signups
12 Noon: Smash Brawl TEAMS start
1 PM: Melty Blood 2vs2 Sign ups
Smash Brawl Singles signups start immediately after Losers semi finals of teams (anticipated start time is 4:30 PM) Melty Blood Singles signups start immediately after Melty Blood 2vs2 is finished.
Smash Brawl Teams: $10.00 a team.
Smash Singles: $10.00
Melty Blood 2vs 2: $10.00 a team.
Melty Blood Singles $5.00
Venue Fee: $2.00
Brawl Prize Splits
Singles: 1st - 65%, 2nd - 25%, 3rd - 10%
Teams: 1st - 80%, 2nd - 20%, 3rd - Free singles entry
Melty Prize Splits
- Matches will be THREE (3) Stock, Seven minute time limit.
- Double Elimination. All matches will be 2/3, with all finals being 3/5.
- No pools, random seeding
- Items will be off, while team attack will be on! Life stealing is allowed.
- -Smashballs will be OFF.
- -Advanced Slob picks: First match is a blind pick, where the competitors will tell their character to a judge, a proceed. The Loser of the first match will then pick the next stage, then the winner may choose his character. After, the loser will choose his character and begin. The same will happen for the third match, if forced.
- -Dave’s Stupid Rule Modified will be in effect. The same stage can not be played twice in a row in a single set.
- The Mage’s DQ rule is also in effect:
2 Minutes Late ? Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late ? Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late ? Loss of set)
- Any attempt at lame *** tactics will result in a warning. Any further attempt at lame *** tactics will result in forfeit.
These tactics include, but are not limited to:
-Stalling under a stage.
-Running away to run the time limit. (Excessively. If there’s 30 seconds, and you bail, that’s one thing. But if you waste 5 minutes, or be a jerk about it, I’m stopping the match. It’s at the judge’s discretion.)
ages: (All stages listed below are still in tentative positions.)
- Final Destination
- Yoshi’s Story
Stages for Counterpick:
- Delfino Plaza
- Luigi’s Mansion
- Great Sea
- Frigate Orpheon
- Battleship Halberd
- Castle Siege
- Rainbow Cruise
- Green Greens
- Pokemon stadium 1
NOTE: You may play any banned stage as long as both you, and your opponent agree and ask a judge! If you agree, there will be no complaints!!!
- Green Hill Zone
- Distant Planet
- Mario Cicuit
- Bridge of Eldin
- Mushroomy Kingdom
- Rumble Falls
- Pokemon Stadium 2
- Spear Pillar
- Port Town: Aero Dive
- Shadow Moses Island
- Mario Bros Arcade
- The Summit
- Flatzone 2
- WarioWare Inc
- New Pork City
- Yoshi’s Island (old)
- Big Blue