Okay guys, it’s roughly one month until ECC so here’s the deal:
You have two ways to register: either online using Paypal, or you can register at the tournament itself.
If you register either via Paypal or on FRIDAY of the tournament, you will have a $10 cover charge, to help us with the costs of equipment we have had to purchase/rent for ECC. This allows us to get YOU, the gamers, brand new controls for all tournament cabinets, as well as multiple PS2/Xbox 360 stations for the tournament.
HOWEVER, if you do NOT register using Paypal or on Friday (a.k.a. you register at the very last minute on Saturday) you will be charged a $15 cover fee. The only exception to this rule, is if you are coming ONLY to play Dead or Alive 4, in which case there will only be a $5 cover charge; however, if you are playing DOA4 and any other game, you will be required to pay the $10 cover like everyone else.
Why? Because Josh Wigfall and I don’t want to be totally redrawing brackets at the last minute, because 100 people decided to show up at 1pm on Saturday. This will make our jobs HELL and also delay the tournament unnecessarily. If you can register via Paypal or on Friday, PLEASE DO. You are basically delaying everyone else if you wait until the last minute, plus you’ll save yourself 5 bucks!
I have heard a lot of people say they don’t like Paypal, well let me explain how easy it is to use. You DO NOT need to have a bank account linked to paypal to use it…you can send payments using a credit card. Here is how to pre-register using paypal:
- Go to http://www.paypal.com and wait for it to load!
- If you already have an existing account, log in normally. If you don’t, click on create a paypal account and follow the easy steps. They will probably ask you things like if you want to “upgrade” your account to premium. YOU DO NOT need to upgrade in order to pre-register for ECC, so I would suggest not doing so. If you do, Paypal will take a cut whenever you accept payments.
- Once you have created your account and verified through e-mail you are ready to go. Log into the account and click on the “send money” tab in your profile.
- In the “Recipients Mail or Phone” box type email@example.com
- In the “Amount” box, put in the total registration amount. Here are the entry fees to refresh everyone’s memory:
Initial registration: $10 (you must include this, it will automatically be deducted from what you send us, and if you did not send enough to enter all the tournaments you wanted to play in, you will be required to pay more money at ECC or else you will not be included. REMEMBER, the fee is $10 PER PERSON, so if you send one payment for multiple people, you must pay $10 per each person).
Marvel vs Capcom 2 singles: $10
Capcom vs SNK 2 singles: $10
Third Strike singles: $10
Super Street Fighter II singles: $10
Guilty Gear Slash singles: $10
Dead or Alive 4 singles: $10
Please do NOT send payment for the MvC2 team tournament, or the 5v5 MvC2 WC vs EC challenge, through Paypal. Those fees will be taken in person on Friday night.
Here’s an example: Let’s say I want to enter CvS2, MvC2, and DOA4. Well then, here is what I would have to pay:
-10 for the cover charge
-10 for mvc2
-10 for cvs2
-10 for DOA4
=$40 total, so I would put 40 in the amount box.
Now, let’s say that I’m sending pre-registration for both myself and my friend, because my friend doesn’t have a credit card. Then I would do as follows:
-10 cover charge for myself
-10 cover for my friend
-20 for both of us to get into mvc2
-20 for both of us to get into cvs2
-20 for both of us to play DOA4
=80 total, so i would type 80 in the amount box.
See how easy it is?
- Currency: make sure this says US DOLLARS or else you might end up sending us too much, or not enough money.
- Category of purchase: I recommend putting Goods (other) or Service, but it really doesn’t matter. Just be sure you don’t put Ebay or another auction or else it might ask you for Auction #s…
- E-mail subject: PLEASE TYPE EXACTLY AS FOLLOWS:
- Note: This is where you’re going to put the most important information of all:
-Your FULL Legal Name
-Your nickname on SRK or whatever you want to go by in the tournament
-City, State you are from
-What games you are entering
So let’s say, again, I’m paying for both myself and my friend. This is what I would put in the notes section:
New Haven, CT
MvC2, CvS2, DOA4
MvC2, CvS2, DOA4
The reason we need this info is so we know 1. what to call you by at the tournament and 2. where you are from, so we don’t accidentally have you fighting your buddies in the first few rounds of any tournament. We want to seed properly so please let us know where you’re from to avoid getting elminated by your friends!
That’s it! It’s that simple, click on continue and it will put you through the steps to select your payment type. Usually I use my credit card/bank card, and there’s NO FEE TO DO SO.
So that’s it, it’s that easy. If anyone has any problems please let me know, as I begin to get pre-registrations in I will begin to compile a list here in this thread to show who is coming for what. See you guys at ECC!