Essenstial Fei Long Option Selects

fei-long

WAKE UP DP (4+ frames)
Safe jump-in attack > Flame Kick

NON ARMOUR BREAKING
Safe jump-in attack > Ultra 2

LONG INVINCIBLE MOVE (CW, EX Seismo, Rainbow Ball, etc.)
cr.LK > [cl.HP/LK] (Does a chained cr.LK if no move comes out, or a cl.HP if the move does).

cr.LK > Flame Kick

WAKE UP BACKDASH
cr.LK > cr.LK+HP - Should be your main one since it’s very easy to do.

cr.LK > s.LP+HP - If you like to start your blockstring with s.LP as 2nd.

cr.LK > LP/MP Rekka

cr.LK > QCF LK+HP - Works on all characters and should also be used when you’re too far. If done close and hits, 1F into cr.LP xx Rekka. An example of when to use it from far would be after a focus attack.

cr.LK > QCF LP+HP - On characters that s.LP hits crouching. To avoid EX click HP first.

D, DF cr.LK > QCF LP+MP+HP - Character specific. I tried it with LK+LP+MP+HP

D, DF cr.LK > QCF LK+HP - Works on everyone except Adon I believe.

s.LP/cr.LK > :db::qcf::uf: LK+MK (EX) or LP+HK and so on - You can use the EX vs Cody for if he EX Zonks. I’m sure you can all find out other uses.

cr.MP > QCF x2 LP+MP+HP - Should work against characters with bad backdashes like Ryu and Sagat.

CORNER
cr.LK > cr.LK+HK - Really good since you get an ambiguos set up right after it.

cr.LK > HCB LK or an EX version - This is beautiful right? lol. Came up with it couple months ago. Might work from cr.MP but can’t test it out.

Corner
cr.LK > MK Flame Kick

Credit goes to Nosone, Slizzle

VIDEOS
OS Ultra 2 (Credits: Nevillebamshew)

**Safejump DP OS **(Credits: Nevillebamshew)

Rekka OS [FONT=helvetica](Credits: Nevillebamshew)[/FONT]

**Backdash Super OS ** (Credits: Ranix78)

Long Invincible Move OS (Credits: MyMaaza)

Various OS (Credits: Gootecks)

Various OS (Credits: Alioune Sensei)

OS VS Viper (Credits: MoONs)

Chain Cancel OS (Credits: Taste0fVictory)

Frame Trap OS (Credits: Taste0fVictory)

Fei Long Q&A: Ask simple questions here!
Fei Long Q&A: Ask simple questions here!

This is what the Q&A thread and the Fei Long master thread is for! don’t make thread misleading thread titles, i clicked here expecting to read an awesome writeup about fei long OSes :sad:

We don’t quite have a ‘database’ of universal option selects for Fei as of yet, so I wouldn’t mind adding this to the list if Hitenryu is willing to update the original post with the list and not just walk away with the information for himself. Otherwise, the topic kinda encourages random threads to pop-up… Any who:

Wake-up Backdash:
cr.LK > LP/MP Rekka

Corner
cr.LK > MK Flame Kick

Wake-up DP (4+ frames)
Safe jump-in attack > Flame Kick

Non-armor breaking
Safe jump-in attack > Ultra 2

Long-invincible moves (CW, EX Seismo, Rainbow Ball, etc.)
cr.LK > [cl.HP/LK] (Does a chained cr.LK if no move comes out, or a cl.HP if the move does).

cr.LK > Flame Kick

That’s all I can think of…

As far as frame traps, once you get up to that point I think it’s essential that you know how to read frame data. As such, listing a bunch of frame traps won’t help so much as giving you the actual list of moves that Fei has. I’ll post the SRK Wiki link on the Master Guide for you to mull over. There’s a wealth of information there.

Well, couldn’t you really option select anything Fei has with a chainable meaty normal? Provided the frames allow it? At least that’s how I’ve been understanding it and trying to learn them.

Here are some videos of the theory behind option selects.

Vesper Arcade SSF4 option selects video tutorials : News : EventHubs.com

Updated thread thank nosone

http://shoryuken.com/f273/lab-findings-243075/

For non-obvious option selects like the ones on this thread. Plus, you have a typo on the title.

To add.

Wake-up Backdash:
cr.LK > cr.LK+HP - Should be your main one since it’s very easy to do.

cr.LK > s.LP+HP - If you like to start your blockstring with s.LP as 2nd.

cr.LK > QCF LK+HP - Works on all characters and should also be used when you’re too far. If done close and hits, 1F into cr.LP xx Rekka. An example of when to use it from far would be after a focus attack.

cr.LK > QCF LP+HP - On characters that s.LP hits crouching. To avoid EX click HP first.

D, DF cr.LK > QCF LP+MP+HP - Character specific. I tried it with LK+LP+MP+HP before and it got mixed results. Grab would normally come out instead of Ultra but there have been times Ultra would come out. I don’t know the reason tried different things and came up with different theories but it didn’t make sense. Anyone want to try it out and give me their opinion on it? I don’t have an xbox no more, lol.

D, DF cr.LK > QCF LK+HP - Works on everyone except Adon I believe.

s.LP/cr.LK > :db::qcf::uf: LK+MK (EX) or LP+HK and so on - You can use the EX vs Cody for if he EX Zonks. I’m sure you can all find out other uses.

cr.MP > QCF x2 LP+MP+HP - Should work against characters with bad backdashes like Ryu and Sagat.

Corner
cr.LK > cr.LK+HK - Really good since you get an ambiguos set up right after it.
cr.LK > HCB LK or an EX version - This is beautiful right? lol. Came up with it couple months ago. Might work from cr.MP but can’t test it out.

This is the first time that I’ll be contributing so I hope it helps. Sorry it’s poorly presented, lol. Each OS should be used depending on the situation, your execution or how you feel. Doing OS HP Rekka vs Chun Li is almost a must.

Aye, it does mate. Might as well use cr.strong IMO; you get a frame trap, a combo or the command grab either way.

Thanks slizzle i tried the cr.MP > QCF x2 LP+MP+HP and it seems to work wonders on bison but this option select seems very flawed as they can just block?

And whats the cr.LK > HCB LK or an EX version option select for?

Thanks for testing it out!

Ofcourse they can block, why is that a flaw? If they block your Ultra won’t come out but then you can still continue your preasure. What do you think option select is? lol.

Sorry i guess im doing it wrong :frowning: for me the ultra comes out if they block do you have to buffer the ultra really fast as you input cr mp?

And whats the cr.LK > HCB LK or an EX version option select for?

I already knew to be honest mate :wink: Fucks up quite a lot of the cast. Meaty cr.strong is good against Rufus in particular.

A lot of Slizzle’s post is already in the Lab Findings thread if you lads give it a look. And, I think you all should have a gander at the latest post because it’s quite important against the characters described in it so you can maximise the damage on your hit-confirms.

Do :d:,:df:,c.:mp:,:d:,:df:,:r:,:lp::mp::hp:

Hitenryu, you should update with the other OS’s when you can. Add this video too:

[media=youtube]NfAIOVnejdc&feature=player_embedded[/media]

Ah im having trouble keep getting rekka instead of cr mp ><.

hitenryu that means ur hitting forward b4 ur hiting crmp

So Slizzle Rekka OS is cr.lk>QCF LK+LP/HP? Inthul and I have been working on thi but we cant get the timing down. We were able to get the dummy to do it. We also got the dummy to cl.lk>CW on back dash. Can you break it down a little better so I can pass along the word.

if i could answer for him, you dont need to put that lp in there. i think you are mixing 2 different OS’s.

one of them is cr.lk, QCF+lk+HP. time it like you are chaining jabs or shorts together, or cr.lp cancelled into rekkas

you get a standing short after the crouching short. this one is more universal because you dont have the st.lp whiff. if you get a lk cw, its because you are swinging thru up foward. avoid that by controlling the QCF a little better

the other is cr.lk, QCF+HP~lp. i have to time this one slightly faster than the other, closer to a rekka cancel. then you press lp with a slight delay behind HP so you dont get EX rekkas in your OS.

you get the st.lp if they didnt backdash for an easier link on hit, but obviously st.lp whiffs on a bunch of characters

The one we are working on is the rekka OS. Mago does it all the time and this is a excellent tool to use against characters with great backdashes. Mago didn’t to Daigo’s Yun in the video posted by a few members. I need to learn that.