EVO North SNK 2007 Results-A helluva lot of vids are up!

jojs bans infinates, so does lb2

I’ll quote David Sirlin on this one:

“For games that truly arent good at a high level, the only winning move is not to play.”

http://www.sirlin.net/archive/playing-to-win-part-1/

Yeah thats true I understand that totally…I just want to make sure that before long every game has SOME tourney play…

Because you know how it goes…

After a while people get tired of seeing the same old stuff…because I can see in the future people only seeing the Big Three SNK tournies…all the time…

Like the 3s, MVC2, CVS2, ST stuff…nothing but that…and after a while to some it will get old…so every NOW and then I wanna throw something in there to keep people interested.

Once again guys this is no means the finishing touch… I am still working things out to try and keep as many people happy as possible…

And during the time Ninja Masters and PIM2 went on the thing was that for the other BIG games people were lacking…

And see now we know what certain games have to offer etc…thats the beauty of testing the games out etc.

For SST even Taiwan bans Mizuki and Gaira’s pounce infinites…but they only have the infinites…just those 2 characters…thus

SST overall is a pretty balanced game…but I do see where you guys are coming from though…

:china:

Ninja Masters ATL EDIT- Once again guys you gotta understand that all I am trying to do is unite all people of all SNK walks of life…

Why segregate a section of the community? That is one of the current problems with SNK players in the US right now…we are SO SEGREGATED.

So its not about whether I like a game or you do or whatever…its about us all being FAMILY…and putting aside our differences and playing together…

For we are all we have!!

I just got a call from Atlanta people and many of them LOVE Ninja Masters…

Its a couple steps shy from being a HELLA SOLID GAME…so what do I do?? I take the necessary steps to making it a solid game.

And Also good at a high level is subjective see.

I try to play every game at a high level before I make a judgment call on anything…

I’ll revise what Im saying then. The (obviously) better games need to get played BEFORE the ones that are questionable. The questionable games should be played if time allows, rather than running out of time for top quality competitive games.

The thing about SNK though, is that they are STILL making fighters. The Capcom guys are at a stand still because they have nothing new to play. With SNK, you do, so you have to keep cycling FORWARD, and only hold on to a few of the truely precious old games (KoF98, Breakers Revenge, RB2).

I love what you are trying to do, it just that the approch needs a little revision. Honestly, as an SNK fan AND a Capcom fan, I can tell you that people who dont know shit about shit are going to walk up to a game like Ninja Warriors… see it and/or play it, deem that it sucks, and THEN deem that SNK sucks.

It doesnt. We need to rep it properly by repping its best games. Did you see the crowd watching us play NGBC?! They loved it. I bet half of em end up buying it when it comes out here, all because of you. But did you see the crowd behind you during Matrimelee? Yeah, me either.

Otherwise, you did good man. You just need to take into consideration the ammount of TVs before you decide if its 2/3/double-elim for each game. That works for quicker games, but the longer ones are probably better off at 1game/double-elim. Keeping on schedual means you can show off more games, after all.

And finally, I am 95% sure I will make it to Evo World in vegas, so Ill compete with you again there. :slight_smile:

Yeah believe me Keits we now surely see eye to eye…because I always want to show off the best games on Saturday…

And see this is why-

Friday is the day the LEAST Amount of people come in…so games like Ninja Masters etc are on that day…

Saturday is all the heavyweights etc and like I said before the only reason Ninja Masters and PIM2 etc happened at that time was because the people for the major games were goneand I didnt want to waste anymore time waiting on people to show up so I figured why not make SOMETHING HAPPEN…after all something is better than nothing.

But yeah thats why on Saturday its the MAJOR GAMES…

Why?

Most people are there Saturday meaning they will see the BIG SNK JEWELS…

And will enter etc…

And about the TVs its a shame because it depends on whether I have VCRs…the Tvs arent any good without the VCRs…

and see like now I know with 94 Rebout to make it Single Elimination but make the matches like 2/3 or try something like that…

Which is something I am now experimenting with to tweak the system for it.

JeRon etc would you guys be fine with 94 Rebout being 1 game Double Elim???

Or how about 2/3 Single Elimination?

**I see we gotta treat 94 Rebout like CVS2. Because as you guys see…KOFXI, KOF NeoWave go RATHER FAST!!!

Also I think the spot location of where we were was why people couldnt see us playing PIM2…

we were hidden away from everyone…

:sad:

******Also Josh- Mizukis And Gairas infinites are WAYYY TOO EASY…thus banning them really is effective…serious it is…all it is is in the corner [do their command grab…then pounce…rinse repeat]…uh yeah…thats right…thats IT…DEATH.

If Mizuki and Gaira had their infinite combos they’d be S Class…Mizuki surely…she already is A WITHOUT THE INFINITE!!

I dont know if Taiwan is on the same level though.

Wouldn’t one option be for Tenka and XI to use the arrange modes, where the infinites/glitches are removed? I always view the arrange modes as a patch to the game, what the designers really intended but didn’t see in testing.

Yes true Arstal very true but then again people would argue against in KOFXI using the arrange mode because it is a very different game…but I am trying to plan surprise Arrange Mode tournies for both KOFXI and SST in the future…

Its in the bag of my planned future events…

Believe you me…that way people can see for themselves.

-Dark Geese

I agree with this arange mode idea. Playing the most updated version of the game is something we, as the SNK community, can do RIGHT. This is something the capcom community does, almost allways, wrong.

Also, if VRCs are why you cant do multiple TVs, why dont you buy a few? They run like 20 or 30 bucks each, dont they? I mean, shit… DVD players can be had for that much now.

Thing is I can’t pack all that in my suitcase…I am limited to the amount I can pack and bring…

Thus the only small favor I ask is people supplying Tvs and VCRs…I will do the rest…

I carry two bags and thats it…but yeah I will try to buy at least one VCR.

See if you can find some small ones. Otherwise, Perhaps next year, buy a digital camera and some small tapes. Its always fun to set up a tripod and film the TV, so you can hear the ‘atmosphere’ as well.

“DAO. DAO. DAO. DAO. DAO LONG. DAO DAO DAO”
“CONDOR. CONDOR. CONDOOOOOOOR!!!”

Yeah I am seriously looking into getting a digital camera.

Yeah, I understand the reason Capcom gamers stick to arcade mode- since their games were in US arcades. Most of the games SNK has that have arrange modes, weren’t in the US in arcade form except for 1 or 2 places, so there’s not really an arcade experience to emulate. The only time American players would play Japanese players to boot, would be if they travelled to Japan, or Japanese players went here. Tekken/VF players usually use the latest revisions, so there is precedent as well. I’m always willing to listen to the reasons why arcade should be used (they do make sense in 3s for example)

That’s why I can see doing it differently over here, and why I can understand Capcom players doing it the way they do it.

This is also why I gotta stay with the Arcade standard for now though arstal…but with games like 94 Rebout I give the arranged version a try…and also with KOF98 UM we will give it a try…

Plus unfortunately some people are resistant to change thus they dont accept the newer versions of the games.

One vid is here for now!!! EVO North SNK 2007 vid preview!!

Well guys Neo Alec is on the ball…

See for yourself…he says he has the first 2 tapes ALREADY UPLOADED TO HIS CPU…

And hes given me a Preview tournament match for KOF 94 Rebout…

He is going to take it down but let this be the thing that lets you know you will probably get a tournament match before EVO East SNK 2007 does!!

[media=youtube]Spcpha2WvqA[/media]

**How things are gonna work is he is just gonna post the vid up and I am going to post up who is playing because I have all the records…

**EDIT- **He’s already removed the vid but some including myself have already seen it lol. It was a 94 Rebout tournament match

DeWriter vs. Schutz…

Want proof it was there and I aint just getting your hopes up??

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=neoalec&search=&session=MrbiW1NpdtlkpsOGzcwSmqyNeyKTPe-mnHrFlWOVk6_hEjMVg7wAVrGWTQIlUNlWNrpUn75D46yeqwqkUffeZzBuGFvEwAweIOIa9ztkDoMZ5PIKIgRp08VhTJY6PXeuWG-QumHuBfjq0DwHF-USJ4BIc7b6rZxVbov07btXgUEKKg75K1yKxih2ZwVdCiJv5vv1lVoaryEZBjZDypgms4WdMLQ4VGMdnT1ouVA8Chn70q1xvF8FEKJXg9tXa6bBtK7Redsav6PnSAKlb_1STy9tZoqiqOC68gUiIev6qDQ=

Schutz. :slight_smile:

Ahh corrected gotcha…anyone up for helping me with youtube accounts to host all this??

EDIT- Okay I guess its me and Return of Shiki doing the hosting/uploading to youtube for the accounts then…

Whatever works…stay tuned…

i dont have a youtube account, but i can make one and host a few. i dont mind.

Thank you.

I have an account. Send them my way.

Okay works I guess now I got like 5-6 accounts ready to go for these vids. I thought you wouldve wanted to EVO East SNK 2007 vids Jon lol.